inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AmIRight's "Believe it or not"

Written By: DarkJon64 on 09/15/04 at 11:31 am

Two stories:

Just today I was searching for "I can't burp" on google, and what did I find? My song called "My Pants Cant Loosen" where there's a *burp* sound effect.

Okay, not that much of a coincidence....

But now its close to 2 years ago when this happened... I was living with my parents, and I wandered into my father's office only to find him reading my song "Painting the Roses Red", a parody of "Victim of Reality" by Pennywise... I was pretty surprised, thought it had been a recent page I was on, but turns out he was looking for the actual lyrics to "painting the roses red" because the school my parents run was putting on an alice in wonderland play.

What are the chances?

I think AmIRight has pretty high readings on the google search engine, I've seen links to it many times, but only twice came across my own songs searching for something (almost) completely different.

Anyway just an interesting though... this ever happen to anyone else? Try searching broad topics that might relate to your songs and see what you find!

-Jonathan

Subject: Re: AmIRight's "Believe it or not"

Written By: karen on 09/16/04 at 3:51 am

I regularly get amiright pages turning up in Google if I'm trying to solve someone else's query (e.g. who made Maple Buds).  Not necessarily lyrics related stuff but it shows that many peole could get to the pages through Google.

Written By: neminem on 09/16/04 at 4:02 pm

Well, I can get results in the top 5 if I'm looking for parts of the names of some of my songs... not just looking for random things, though, unfortunately. At least not as far as I've seen so far.

Written By: Spaff.com on 09/18/04 at 1:33 pm

You can waste hours on Google. (Not that I would know, of course.) Here are some of my personal favorite search terms:

ben affleck and j. lo
blinds wide open
i feel bashful
we drank a toast
wish they all could be california girls
lpga babes

(Most get the results I'm after either with or without quotation marks; the last two only work without.)

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: philbo on 09/19/04 at 9:13 am

I got an email from a friend last week pointing out that searching for Phil Alexander on google comes up with my amiright author page as first returned item (of 2,730,000 :))

Well done Chucky ;)

Written By: Gonfunko on 09/19/04 at 4:38 pm

You can waste hours on Google. (Not that I would know, of course.) Here are some of my personal favorite search terms:

ben affleck and j. lo
blinds wide open
i feel bashful
we drank a toast
wish they all could be california girls
lpga babes

(Most get the results I'm after either with or without quotation marks; the last two only work without.)

xoxox
Spaff

Another fun search term: Barfbag Collection. Expect about 300 results  :o I found that a site for people with some sort of disease or possibly mental disability linked to my "I Want Brandy" wav.....I don't know if I should see it as an endorsement or a kinda creepy omen...

Check for new replies or respond here...