inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Three submitted, but stuck on my fourth...

Written By: ISNorden on 09/15/04 at 11:39 pm

I've been thinking of doing a send-up of "I Want a New Drug" called "I Want a Big Hug":  as many sexually explicit love songs as people write in the real world these days, I think going in the other direction (squeaky clean) might be fun.  (No, it's not going to be about the Teletubbies, though that had crossed my mind:  Blessranger gets enough flak for his kid-vid fascination, but I don't want to end up written off as weird or worse by the average ratings-voter.)  What do you think--could a song about the joys of just snuggling be done well?

Subject: Re: Three submitted, but stuck on my fourth...

Written By: Arwen on 09/15/04 at 11:44 pm

I've been thinking of doing a send-up of "I Want a New Drug" called "I Want a Big Hug":  as many sexually explicit love songs as people write in the real world these days, I think going in the other direction (squeaky clean) might be fun.  (No, it's not going to be about the Teletubbies, though that had crossed my mind:  Blessranger gets enough flak for his kid-vid fascination, but I don't want to end up written off as weird or worse by the average ratings-voter.)  What do you think--could a song about the joys of just snuggling be done well?

Well, I wrote a pretty successful piece about the joys of getting a compound fracture in one's femur and almost bleeding to death on the way to a showing of "Death of a Salesman," so...

I think writing something FABulous about something MUCH more pleasant...i.e...hugging...(which I love)...is a SMASHING idea... :)

Written By: Arwen on 09/15/04 at 11:54 pm

Oh my hell...I just read "Our Favorite Things," and I just have to say...even though I wrote a freaking novel on the comment over there...that I LOVED it! 

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/16/04 at 1:27 pm

I think it would be hard to write such a song without throwing in a bit of ironic facetiousness into it.

Written By: ISNorden on 09/16/04 at 1:45 pm

Oh my hell...I just read "Our Favorite Things," and I just have to say...even though I wrote a freaking novel on the comment over there...that I LOVED it! 

Thank you once again... here's a great big HUG from me.  I fear my hunch that a meta-parody about the site would kill my triple-5 streak proved true; hopefully my next song won't turn the regulars off so badly.  *keeps her fingers crossed*

Written By: ISNorden on 09/16/04 at 1:48 pm

I think it would be hard to write such a song without throwing in a bit of ironic facetiousness into it.

Give me a few days, I'll give it a shot--and let the 1's and 2's fall where they may...

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/16/04 at 3:47 pm

Give me a few days, I'll give it a shot--and let the 1's and 2's fall where they may...

I want a big hug
One that's more than a tap
One that's more than a quick handshake
More than a high-five hand-slap

I want a big hug
One that's more than a squeeze
One that's not just a rib-cage crush
Makin' me cough and wheeze

One with a healing purpose
Power'd by lovin' true
One that makes me feel like I feel when hugging you
When hugging only you!

Written By: ISNorden on 09/16/04 at 5:35 pm

I want a big hug
One that's more than a tap
One that's more than a quick handshake
More than a high-five hand-slap

I want a big hug
One that's more than a squeeze
One that's not just a rib-cage crush
Makin' me cough and wheeze

One with a healing purpose
Power'd by lovin' true
One that makes me feel like I feel when hugging you
When hugging only you!

Awwwww....now that's what I call a song to snuggle by!  :-*  I'd be giving it 5's but you can't vote here.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/17/04 at 10:15 am

Johnny scores once again.  Post it if you haven't yet.

Written By: Arwen on 09/17/04 at 10:18 am

Is Ingeborg going to submit one?

Written By: nally on 09/17/04 at 10:30 am

I've been thinking of doing a send-up of "I Want a New Drug" called "I Want a Big Hug"

Merry and Pippin already have a parody of that song with that title, but I'm looking forward to seeing your rendition. :) I already voted and commented on Merry & Pippin's version, by the way. ;)

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/17/04 at 10:37 am

My little partial-mini-parody of " I Want A New Drug " here was in response to Ingeborg's implied request for assistance, that's all. 

Ingeborg, if you like the words I posted here, please feel free to take any or all of them for your own parody ... no need to credit me, I just offered them here to help you because you said you were stuck.

;D  Johnny D

Written By: nally on 09/17/04 at 10:38 am

My little partial-mini-parody of " I Want A New Drug " here was in response to Ingeborg's implied request for assistance, that's all. 

Oh, I didn't know that.

Check for new replies or respond here...