inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I need to know something...

Written By: Apricot on 09/30/04 at 9:00 pm

We got but 1 serious vote {God Bless True Brilliance!  ;D} on this song we did, see? All the others were spiteful 1-1-1s, or we voted for ourselves. It gets us mad, it does. I'm tempted to post it here, link you all, but I fear that you will spite me. I know I have people who hold enmity against me on this board. I want to know, can I count on legitimate honest votes? Since the deletion of the old votes, only 1-15th of our votes have been legitimate. That makes me really mad. If I can count on honest votes, I'll link it. It's a good song, it really is. I didn't have a hand in it, but it upsets me to see my friends get no serious votes or feedback. Lemme know.

Subject: Re: I need to know something...

Written By: jreuben on 10/01/04 at 7:09 am

What's the song?  I'm guessing that for me personally, I either didn't check the new songs that day, or didn't know the original. 

--Nevermind, I think I found it...I'll leave comments there.

-Jeff

Written By: karen on 10/01/04 at 7:30 am

Apricot

Just a suggestion here.

Try not to be so aggressive in your intro bit.  Telling people to like your parody or "go to hell" doesn't help your case.  People are, sadly, spiteful enough to leave 1's just because of that.

karen

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/01/04 at 9:46 am

What is it?  And who is it under?

Written By: Apricot on 10/01/04 at 2:18 pm

Apricot

Just a suggestion here.

Try not to be so aggressive in your intro bit.  Telling people to like your parody or "go to hell" doesn't help your case.  People are, sadly, spiteful enough to leave 1's just because of that.

karen

That was a joke. Like I've said, different senses of humor then most.

Written By: Johnny_D on 10/01/04 at 4:32 pm

Apricot, please give us a link to the parody in question.  Thanks.

Written By: Apricot on 10/02/04 at 11:04 pm

That's the thing. I want to trust that we'll get legitimate votes. Last time Maya gave anyone here a link, we got 18 spite votes. We only got 23 votes total. After the deletion of the votes, we got 12 or so, and no legitimates. I don't know if I can trust people here, Johnny_D. What I'm about to do is a great act of trust that you will be serious. If you go to

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/modestmouse0.shtml

You will find my friends' parody. Keep in mind, I'm trusting you people, don't make me lose that trust.

Written By: Johnny_D on 10/02/04 at 11:21 pm

That's the thing. I want to trust that we'll get legitimate votes. Last time Maya gave anyone here a link, we got 18 spite votes. We only got 23 votes total. After the deletion of the votes, we got 12 or so, and no legitimates. I don't know if I can trust people here, Johnny_D. What I'm about to do is a great act of trust that you will be serious. If you go to

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/modestmouse0.shtml

You will find my friends' parody. Keep in mind, I'm trusting you people, don't make me lose that trust.

Thank you for posting the link, Apricot.  I read the parody thoroughly, and I decided to refrain from voting, but I did post a comment.

Johnny D

Written By: Apricot on 10/03/04 at 10:35 am

I've read your comment, Icy responded. Thanks.

Written By: Johnny_D on 10/03/04 at 12:06 pm

I've read your comment, Icy responded. Thanks.

I read Icy's response, and I responded, and this time I also voted.  Thank you, Apricot.  You and your group are a talented writing team.

Written By: Apricot on 10/03/04 at 12:16 pm

I read Icy's response, and I responded, and this time I also voted.  Thank you, Apricot.  You and your group are a talented writing team.

Thanks, man. I'll be sure to check it out.  :)

Written By: Apricot on 10/06/04 at 5:44 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/modestmouse0.shtml

Next one. Hope you enjoy!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...