inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: funny instrumental version of 2001 A Space Odyssey?!

Written By: Izod on 10/01/04 at 8:48 pm

Hi ya'll! Anyone know where I can find an audio copy of this? To get a better idea of what I'm looking for - this sounds like an elementary school band trying to play the song, & sounds out-of-tune, & ect. It's hilarious! I've been Google searchin', & have had no luck. Please help. Thanks.

Subject: Re: funny instrumental version of 2001 A Space Odyssey?!

Written By: marthadtox3 on 10/02/04 at 6:57 am

This sounds really good ... I hope someone can help out.. btw are you familiar with the Deotadato version .. not funny but superb.....I had the great pleasure of performing this version with my own jazz funk band  with the whole of a 50 piece brass band joining in  on the big chords and some very funky riffs.and fills . it was orchestrated specially for the gig .. we rehearsed it in the pottery factory (Doulton) whose brass band it was .. in the canteen a  huge room with linoleum on the floor (do you remember what that was??) and hard gloss painted walls the natural reverb was spine tingling!! fantastic!

Written By: Spaff.com on 10/02/04 at 3:41 pm

Wow, I can finally answer one of these.

What you're looking for is "Also Sprach Zarathustra (Theme from 2001)" by The Portsmouth Sinfonia.

I just happen to have this on a Rhino CD (it's the opening track) called "Dead Parrot Society: The Best of British Comedy."

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Izod on 10/02/04 at 6:58 pm

Wow, I can finally answer one of these.

What you're looking for is "Also Sprach Zarathustra (Theme from 2001)" by The Portsmouth Sinfonia.

I just happen to have this on a Rhino CD (it's the opening track) called "Dead Parrot Society: The Best of British Comedy."

xoxox
Spaff

Thanks Spaff.com!!!! I listened to a sample of it on Amazon just to confirm it was it...and it was (hilarious!)! Thanks a ton for your reply! I thought I would never find an audio copy of that!

:) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/04/04 at 5:55 pm

Also seek out (much, much  harder to find) The Temple City Kazoo Orchestra (also, by sheer coincidence, on Rhino)...Also Sprach Kazoostra, performed on kazoos.

Written By: Gonfunko on 10/05/04 at 4:15 pm

Also seek out (much, much  harder to find) The Temple City Kazoo Orchestra (also, by sheer coincidence, on Rhino)...Also Sprach Kazoostra, performed on kazoos.

Here you go: http://gemm.com/q.cgi?rb=KZIM&wild=Temple+City+Kazoo+Orchestra&search.x=9&search.y=12

Check for new replies or respond here...