inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parodies before the 1960s

Written By: Will Agrudis Glover on 10/03/04 at 4:27 pm

I've entered parodies of songs from Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs on AmIRight, but none have been put up yet.  Am I entering the wrong year?  I'm entering misc. because it doesn't come under any of the other categories.

HELP!!

Subject: Re: Parodies before the 1960s

Written By: Claude_Prez on 10/03/04 at 4:47 pm

I've entered parodies of songs from Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs on AmIRight, but none have been put up yet.  Am I entering the wrong year?  I'm entering misc. because it doesn't come under any of the other categories.

HELP!!

I guarantee it has nothing to do with the year.  Chances are you overstepped the guidelines in some way -- I've had some rejected before because they were too short (they're supposed to be at least ten lines), or incomplete (my Kenny Rogers parody "The Mumbler", about an air traffic controller, got rejected presumably because it ended abruptly when the plane crashed).  The most common reason, though, is too much explicit sex.  You may notice that a lot of it has gotten through, and indeed still does get through sometimes, but Chucky (the webmaster) does try to keep some semblance of decency around here to keep it from becoming an adults only site.  Also, if you just submitted it yesterday it probably won't show up until tomorrow since there's often no update on Sundays and it looks like that's the case today. 

Check for new replies or respond here...