inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I think it's time...

Written By: Just_Brit on 10/07/04 at 8:44 am

well. i think it's time i bowed out for a long while. i'm going to write either today or tomorrow my last parody for a long while. i've lost most of my ideas and creativity. only got one left. so i must say this'll be the end. :(

Subject: Re: I think it's time...

Written By: philbo on 10/07/04 at 8:53 am

Nooo.... don't be like that Brit - ideas come and go: there are always times when it feels like there's no good ones.  I'm sure we'll see you back here when that killer parody strikes :)

Written By: Just_Brit on 10/07/04 at 9:03 am

yes you probably will and i'll still lurk..but for now i'm dried up... :\'(

Written By: Arwen on 10/07/04 at 9:29 am

I have to agree that sometimes there are dry spells for all of us...(except for Johnny D...and I'm not sure he's human!)

Take a breather...it's cool...but I, too, think you'll be back, better than ever!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/07/04 at 11:38 am

I have to agree that sometimes there are dry spells for all of us...(except for Johnny D...and I'm not sure he's human!)

Take a breather...it's cool...but I, too, think you'll be back, better than ever!

Most of my parody life is a dry spell, with an occasional burst of inspiration.  And you don't see me going anywhere!  Stay, why doncha!

Written By: SteveCav on 10/10/04 at 8:35 pm

Keep looking over your shoulder, because those parody ideas jump you when you're not lookin'

;)

Written By: 2nz on 10/10/04 at 10:09 pm

well. i think it's time i bowed out for a long while. i'm going to write either today or tomorrow my last parody for a long while. i've lost most of my ideas and creativity. only got one left. so i must say this'll be the end. :(

I know exactly how you feel, Brit. I've been in a slump for almost a month now. Take a break from it if you think you need to, but like everyone else has said, ideas can come at any time. I decided I'm going to write a couple of parodies now and again even if I feel down on idea, cause what if a good one finally comes my way and I'm all rusty from not practicing. Plus each one is a challenge and a chance to improve on your skillz of parody writing, if only just a little. Remember to keep enjoying yourself.

Written By: Just_Brit on 10/12/04 at 11:12 pm

maybe you're right i got one good idea..."Pong II" but not sayign what it's a parody of. :)

Written By: SteveCav on 10/13/04 at 1:43 am

Woo Hoo!  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...