inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: new lyrics site idea

Written By: DarkJon64 on 10/14/04 at 4:56 pm

Often times I'll be listening to a song, and then the next song (or another on the album or by the same artist) says essentially just the opposite of the point they were trying to make in the first place. Thought it had potential for submissions... here's my latest example:

Pennywise's "Something Wrong With Me":
"You are not like me" is heard throughout the song.
The very next song on the same album, "Enemy":
"You're just like me" is heard throughout the song.

There's been more, sorry for not thinking of a more popular band for the example but people post what you think and any examples you can think of.

Subject: Re: new lyrics site idea

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/15/04 at 8:28 am

Often times I'll be listening to a song, and then the next song (or another on the album or by the same artist) says essentially just the opposite of the point they were trying to make in the first place. Thought it had potential for submissions... here's my latest example:

Pennywise's "Something Wrong With Me":
"You are not like me" is heard throughout the song.
The very next song on the same album, "Enemy":
"You're just like me" is heard throughout the song.

There's been more, sorry for not thinking of a more popular band for the example but people post what you think and any examples you can think of.

The example reminds me of a section I almost started on amiright, something along the lines of "songs that ask a question and songs that provide the answer".  OK, maybe that's not the same, but similar idea of two songs next to one another to provide something new.

Check for new replies or respond here...