inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parody Writers' Photo Thread, Part Deux

Written By: MAD Mari on 10/29/04 at 1:59 am

The California parody writers have struck again!  On October 28, 2004, four of us converged on the Espresso Garden in San Jose.  From L to R are Rick Duncan, Paul Robinson (who performed two of his parodies), Mari Duncan, and John Barry.  A weird time was had by all!  (Photo by Daniel Duncan)

Subject: Re: Parody Writers' Photo Thread, Part Deux

Written By: Johnny_D on 10/29/04 at 8:39 am

You guys look GREAT!  ;D

Written By: jreuben on 10/29/04 at 9:00 am

Very cool.  Good to "see" you all again  :)

Written By: PRobinson on 10/29/04 at 11:38 pm

You guys look GREAT!  ;D

Yes, JD, a remarkably photogenic group if I do say so myself. of course it helps to be bracketed by the ever-attractive Duncan's and the dapper Mr. Barry.  I also had some solo pix of me taken up in Willits earlier in the same day just before I headed down to San Jose.  I will post a bit of that here since I look so good in them (he says modestly)....

Paul R.

Subject: Re: The Only Thread That Matters

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 10/30/04 at 12:06 am

first I thought, not ANOTHER Seekers Re-Union, but closer inspection revealed it was YOU guys
- thanks for putting faces (and bodies) to your names  :)

Written By: adagio on 11/01/04 at 2:47 pm

A VERY good picture of all of you..Rick, Paul, Mari, and John!!  :)

Written By: PRobinson on 11/03/04 at 12:57 am

My first try at posting a digital photo here.  Wonder if it will work.  This is from the last moments of my Northern trip, leaving Willits, CA to head back down to Sunnyvale, San Jose and finally home to Culver City, CA.  Earlier in the same day as the above "Espresso Gardens" group photo...
Paul R.

Written By: PRobinson on 11/03/04 at 12:59 am

Ooh!  It Worked!  That was so much fun I'll post one more, without the shades this time...

pr

Written By: adagio on 11/03/04 at 4:33 pm

Hehe, Paul!  Don't get carried away and put a whole album here.  ;) j/k  love the pics of you!!

Written By: Paul Robinson on 11/03/04 at 6:16 pm

Hehe, Paul!  Don't get carried away and put a whole album here.   ;) j/k  love the pics of you!!

Don't worry, it was just so much fun posting the first pic I couldn't help myself so I did it again.

pr

Written By: jreuben on 11/04/04 at 9:38 am

Okay, here I am again.  Top picture, CD cover parody, Jeff Reuben and Kirch (the guy from my Johnny Won't Leave The Bar parody...a Montgomery Gentry parody).  The picture got stretched by the software (I did not stick my head in a vice that day).  I'm the one on the left.

Bottom picture, The original CD cover from Tatoos and Scars album, Montgomery Gentry (country)

Written By: PRobinson on 11/04/04 at 2:40 pm

Okay, here I am again.  Top picture, CD cover parody, Jeff Reuben and Kirch (the guy from my Johnny Won't Leave The Bar parody...a Montgomery Gentry parody).  The picture got stretched by the software (I did not stick my head in a vice that day).  I'm the one on the left.

Bottom picture, The original CD cover from Tatoos and Scars album, Montgomery Gentry (country)

A motley-looking duo, for sure...Nice pix, Jeff...

pr

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 2:55 pm

This is a first attempt at posting a photo don't know if it will work...

http://uk.msnusers.com/s5hkh62een582hkr7o0o030ul4/Documents/Pictures%2F100%5F9994.JPG

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 2:57 pm

oooh it works !  A pic  on my summer holidays in Crete!

Written By: jreuben on 11/04/04 at 3:21 pm

http://uk.msnusers.com/s5hkh62een582hkr7o0o030ul4/Documents/Pictures%2F100%5F9994.JPG

Hmmm...didn't work for me.  I got the following error:

The image “http://uk.msnusers.com/s5hkh62een582hkr7o0o030ul4/Documents/Pictures%2F100%5F9994.JPG” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Do I have to join a specific group (or possibly live in the UK?)  I have a hotmail account, and did sign in...didn't know if there was something else I had to do.

Written By: Arwen on 11/04/04 at 3:30 pm

Hmmm...didn't work for me.  I got the following error:

The image “http://uk.msnusers.com/s5hkh62een582hkr7o0o030ul4/Documents/Pictures%2F100%5F9994.JPG” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Do I have to join a specific group (or possibly live in the UK?)

I got "sign in" screen...so...we must not be in the right groups, Jeff...

Written By: PRobinson on 11/04/04 at 3:58 pm

Martha,  I get the same message as Arwen & Jeff, we are not able to bring up your picture.  Did you go to the "Additional Options" line just below and to the left of the text-typing area?  If you go inside there you will see an attachment line and you can browse and locate your .jpg file address so that it appears there.  If you do that it SHOULD post the picture here for all to see.  If it doesn't maybe you'll need to contact ChuckyG to see what is going wrong.

pr

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 4:05 pm

I don't know .. how do I post the picture instead of the URL???

Written By: jreuben on 11/04/04 at 4:18 pm

I don't know .. how do I post the picture instead of the URL???

If you have the picture file somewhere local on your machine, use the "Attach" under additional options, then browse for it.  If not, maybe you can save it from the web location onto your local machine, then attach/browse?

Written By: PRobinson on 11/04/04 at 4:21 pm

If you have the picture file somewhere local on your machine, use the "Attach" under additional options, then browse for it.  If not, maybe you can save it from the web location onto your local machine, then attach/browse?

That's just what I said, Jeff, except yours was in English...

pr

Written By: jreuben on 11/04/04 at 4:23 pm

That's just what I said, Jeff, except yours was in English...

pr

Yeah, I thought Martha might only have the picture on a website, and that she might need to save it before doing the attach

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 4:27 pm

Thanks ... I can locate it using the browse box .. but how does one attach it??

Written By: jreuben on 11/04/04 at 4:39 pm

Thanks ... I can locate it using the browse box .. but how does one attach it??

Once you locate it using browse, double-click on the filename (or click once on the filename in the window that pops up, then click "open" or "ok".  The filename should appear in the textbox between "Attach:" and the browse button.  Then just click Post, and it should come up. 

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 4:53 pm

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 4:53 pm

It is now a jpg ... does this work?

Written By: Arwen on 11/04/04 at 5:04 pm

It is now a jpg ... does this work?

Not for me... :\'(

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 5:09 pm

Maybe it is the wrong size?

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/04/04 at 5:15 pm

Maybe it is the wrong size?

It's really easy to shrink image files down to fit the 128K limit.

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 5:19 pm

Cuk.msnusers.com\s5hkh62een582hkr7o0o030ul4\Documents\Pictures%2F100%5F9994.JPG

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 5:20 pm

that doesn't work either

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 5:21 pm

Johnny How does one adjust the size?

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/04/04 at 5:30 pm

If you're on Windows, you open the image file (JPG, BMP, GIF, whatever) using Microsoft Paint, pull-down on "Image" to "Stretch/Skew", enter the same integer (some integer < 100) in the Stretch-Horizontal box and in the Stretch-Vertical box, click OK, pull-down "File" to "Save As", and save your experimentally-shrunken-image-file as some name other than the original file's name so you don't overlay your original image file.   

Then close Microsoft Paint, and then right-click on the new shrunken-file and pull down to "Properties" to see how many bytes its size is. 

If it's still too big, repeat the above process with a smaller integer in the Stretch-Horizontal and Stretch-Vertical boxes.

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 5:34 pm

The current dimesnion is 640 / 475

size is 52.3 KB is that too big?

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/04/04 at 5:41 pm

The current dimesnion is 640 / 475

size is 52.3 KB is that too big?

Nope, that's well within the limit of 128 KB.

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 6:15 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.. I guess I'll have to get some tecchie asisstance here!

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 6:20 pm

C:\Documents and Settings\HELEN\My Documents\My Pictures\100%5F9994.JPG

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 6:22 pm

well I finally figured it out but the picture is hoplessly dark .. still now I know how to do it I can find a better one!"

The way I did it was to highlight the name of the file in the browse box and copy and paste it on to the reply box .. didn'y=t realise that you had to do that first

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/04/04 at 6:31 pm

Brightening the face washes out the background and far distance.  Do you have a picture with a more illuminated face area?

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/04/04 at 6:46 pm

Johnny you are so tecchie !!!!!
I'll get some better photos .. most of the Crete ones were like that I guess we're not very good at taking photos!! and I haven't had the digital camera for long...

Written By: PRobinson on 11/04/04 at 7:11 pm

Johnny, you are truly a bright ray of warm sunlight on this site.  You bring good vibes, encouragement, humor, decency, reason, kindness &  understanding and lots of other neat attributes too numerous to detail here.  And NOW, TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE!  Seriously,  the "ripples" of your good deeds and works here carry much farther than you probably realize.  Gotta wipe my nose now, something's on the tip...But I really mean every word I said here...

pr

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/04/04 at 7:20 pm

Johnny, you are truly a bright ray of warm sunlight on this site.  You bring good vibes, encouragement, humor, decency, reason, kindness &  understanding and lots of other neat attributes too numerous to detail here.  And NOW, TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE!  Seriously,  the "ripples" of your good deeds and works here carry much farther than you probably realize.  Gotta wipe my nose now, something's on the tip...But I really mean every word I said here...

pr

Aw shucks, thanks, Paul...(sniff)...you like me...you really like me! 

Sorry about that little drop of snot I sent your way. ;D

Written By: PRobinson on 11/05/04 at 3:21 am

Brightening the face washes out the background and far distance.  Do you have a picture with a more illuminated face area?
Too bad you can't somehow combine the things that work from each of the two pictures.  The background is just perfect in the first one,  the shot  of Martha is great in the 2nd one.

pr

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/07/04 at 2:25 am

welcome back E...that is a cool haircut!

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/29/04 at 6:34 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=post;topic=4403.30;num_replies=43

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/29/04 at 6:36 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,4403.30.html

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/29/04 at 6:37 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,4403.30.html

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/29/04 at 6:50 pm

and Settings\HELEN\Desktop\complinet\85840009.jpg

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/29/04 at 6:51 pm

I had this taken last week...

Written By: PRobinson on 11/29/04 at 11:47 pm

That's a great picture, Martha.

pr

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/30/04 at 7:13 am

you are too kind Paul!

Written By: PRobinson on 02/13/05 at 5:28 pm

Martha, just noticed this again...you remind me a bit of Christine McVie in this.

Paul

Written By: marthadtox2 on 02/16/05 at 9:31 am

... even kinder!!!

Written By: MAD Mari on 06/25/05 at 11:47 pm

Rick and I were in Seattle this month and had a nice time hangin' with his old (well, not THAT old) buddy and bandmate Dave Chrenko (who lives there), and have a photo to prove it.  Both Dave and I have been at least THINKING about writing more parodies.  At least we're all jamming!  (photo by Dave's wife Sheryl)

Written By: PRobinson on 06/27/05 at 11:39 am

Rick and I were in Seattle this month and had a nice time hangin' with his old (well, not THAT old) buddy and bandmate Dave Chrenko (who lives there), and have a photo to prove it.  Both Dave and I have been at least THINKING about writing more parodies.  At least we're all jamming!  (photo by Dave's wife Sheryl)

Mari - Good to SEE you guys again!  I was wondering a week or so ago where you guys were - and then I remembered Rick said you would be in Seattle in June...and then I happened to remember that it was, indeed, June...so THEN...I put 2+2 together...and NOW...I finally figured out how much that is...SO...I bet you guys were out of town the last few weeks...lol...

I've made some plans for a some time off in August...I will send you and Rick a separate e-mail to let you know the deal...

pr

OH...nice pic ~ ~ ~

Written By: adagio on 06/29/05 at 9:07 pm

Good picture Martha!  :) You too, Rick, Mari, David.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/29/05 at 9:18 pm

That's the photo I based your South Park character on, Martha!
I was going to do Mari, but there weren't any goofy-hat costumes... ;)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/dragonangelfairy/Martha.bmp

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/02/05 at 1:27 am

Here I am holding up the nifty little certificate that EMACT (Eastern Massachusetts Association of Community Theaters) awarded me at their annual Gala this past Thursday evening, 6-30-05.  EMACT awarded me "Honorable Mention for Best Supporting Actor" for my performance as the detective "Inspector Rough" in The Concord Players' 2005 production of the Victorian thriller, "Angel Street" (a play written by Patrick Hamilton, who also wrote the play "Rope" which was made into a movie by Alfred Hitchcock).

Written By: Rick D on 07/02/05 at 1:12 pm

Congrats! I always knew you were a thespian trapped in a mans' body!

Written By: PRobinson on 07/07/05 at 3:02 pm

Here I am holding up the nifty little certificate that EMACT (Eastern Massachusetts Association of Community Theaters) awarded me at their annual Gala this past Thursday evening, 6-30-05.  EMACT awarded me "Honorable Mention for Best Supporting Actor" for my performance as the detective "Inspector Rough" in The Concord Players' 2005 production of the Victorian thriller, "Angel Street" (a play written by Patrick Hamilton, who also wrote the play "Rope" which was made into a movie by Alfred Hitchcock).

Cool!  Last certificate I got for anything was...OH, yeah..."Certificate of Achievement" from CCH, Inc., I think I got it about a month before they laid our entire Department off...well, when you've reached the "pinnacle" guess there is nowhere else to go but down...lol...happier here at new job, anyway, so CCH can kiss my ~ ~ ~

pr

Written By: Peregrin on 07/09/05 at 12:18 am

Good pic, Mari

A question, you were all jamming?  :o

Rick and Dave are packing guitars, but you have...a pool cue.  That must have been an interesting jam session  :P  What tunes can you play on your cue  :)

Written By: Rick D on 07/09/05 at 12:41 pm

She can play "Hand in Pocket", "What Kind of Pool am I?", "The Ballad of Billiard Baggins", "Rack In a U. S. S. Bar", and "All I Wanna Cue". Among many other snooker faves.

Written By: Peregrin on 07/09/05 at 10:17 pm

She can play "Hand in Pocket", "What Kind of Pool am I?", "The Ballad of Billiard Baggins", "Rack In a U. S. S. Bar", and "All I Wanna Cue". Among many other snooker faves.

:) Touche'  :)

In that case, I "Won't Get Pooled Again"  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...