inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is this from Letterman?

Written By: K1chyd on 11/01/04 at 1:35 pm

I got this Top 10 list in my mail today, is it from Letterman? Just curious!

TOP 10 REASONS WHY USAMA BIN LADEN DIDN´T ATTACK SWEDEN:

10. Couldn't tell Sweden from Switzerland.

9. Attackers decided to take extended sick leave at 80% pay instead.

8. Stockholm World Trade Center is only seven stories high, and they couldn't find it.

7. Osama's illness turns out to have been Stockholm Syndrome.

6. Has been reading a lot of Little Green Footballs, thinks Sweden is a Wahhabist theocracy.
(I don´t get this one)

5. WMD attack did occur, but Swedes are immune to surströmming bombs. (Saur Baltic Herring).

4. Because everybody knows Sweden has no army.

3. Will never forget the summer of 1982 in Afghanistan and those long warm nights with Lotta Hedman, that hot Swedish backpacker — especially how she would unravel her blond pigtails as they bathed naked in the Amu Darya while the full moon illuminated the Hindu Kush. He still wakes up in a sweat thinking of her. Sometimes he wonders what has become of her.

2. IKEA furniture easy to transport from cave to cave. Especially likes his Lagomâ„¢ brown tarpaulin backdrop and Slarvigâ„¢ collapsible desk.

1. Still holding out hope for a Nobel.

Subject: Re: Is this from Letterman?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/01/04 at 2:22 pm

6. Has been reading a lot of Little Green Footballs, thinks Sweden is a Wahhabist theocracy.
(I don´t get this one)

neo-con news blog... wacky right-winger tinfoil hat wearing stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Green_Footballs

the fact that the list includes this nutbag in there, probably shows it isn't Letterman.  Plus, he keeps an up to date list on his official website of all the Letterman top tens

Written By: Billy Florio on 11/01/04 at 8:26 pm

though, the fact that it's not funny might be a dead Letterman giveaway

Subject: Re: The Only Thread That Matters

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 11/02/04 at 8:34 am

I was thinking that too, Billy, until I read #3 and #2 which were dead funny

Written By: K1chyd on 11/02/04 at 11:35 am

I thought the whole list was pretty funny but I´m a loco... local soo... Many of us Swedes are still embarrased over Arafat actually getting the peace price once so #1 not so far off as you might think. Luckily we can blame that one on the Norweigians cos they have the right to decide about that prize since Alfred Nobel, unlike Usama, didn´t trust the Swedes to have a sound judgement in foreign policy affairs! Oh, the irony! :-)

Chucky: Thanks for the explanation.

Written By: philbo on 11/03/04 at 9:46 am

I thought they were kind of funny, too...

Check for new replies or respond here...