inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: my parody contest continues

Written By: DarkJon64 on 11/04/04 at 2:27 pm

I know it's been a while (I think someone else did this a couple times but I started it I swear!) but I thought of a neat idea for another one of them. This isn't a song of the month or anything, people who were on here like a year or two ago will remember its just a parody of a particular song, or artist, etc. and there is a given topic or choice of topics.

This time I want to see a parody with the topic being one of the following video games:
Katamari Damacy (PS2)
GoldenEye (N64)
Mario Kart/Paint/World (SNES)
A Boy and his Blob (NES)

Hopefully you've played one of those! As far as songs go.... well, I know I've done Green Day before but I loved the parodies a lot. So to make it even the parody has to be of any song by:

Green Day
The Offspring
Bon Jovi

Okay so now there's a lot of options for people of all generations.

Scoring will be based on:

Title -
The title is often your one chance to suck someone in to opening up your parody page. Make it sound like the whole song will be as funny/catchy as the title.

Pacing -
Pacing is more important than most people (wh generally vote 5-5-5) understand, at least in my eyes. It's not just the correct number of syllables, it's what ties the two songs (original and parody) together to give the fans a laugh!

Song chosen -
It's important to think of a song to parody that has nice easability to transition to the topic. Don't try to force a subject into the song, it should work as nicely as possible.

Those are the main topics but humor will also be taken into consideration. Post the parodies right in here, but please - don't post suggestions for people to do, let them think of it! I'll check them all out once there are enough - usually doesn't take more than a week! I'll do one myself and post it in here sometime, just for fun.

Anyway have fun and hope to see some soon!

-Jon

Subject: Re: my parody contest continues

Written By: 2nz on 11/05/04 at 11:43 am

Tough board. I'll see what I can do about meshing GoldenEye and Green Day.

Check for new replies or respond here...