inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: DKTOS for a parody I'd like to write

Written By: Scathe on 11/11/04 at 2:37 am

Hi

It's me Scathe.  I have a cool idea for a song parody using the song "I've Been Everywhere", but I've never heard the original song, and I can't write a proper parody without the correct pacing.  If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. :)

Subject: Re: DKTOS for a parody I'd like to write

Written By: Peregrin on 11/11/04 at 2:53 am

Here ya go Scathe

Hope this helps - it's been done by a crapload of artists - this is the Johnny Cash version :

http://www.lyricsdomain.com/10/johnny_cash/ive_been_everywhere.html

Written By: Scathe on 11/11/04 at 12:19 pm

From Scathe,

Thanks for the link, Peregrin. I'm glad I can see the original lyrics. They won't let me hear the song though without downloading a plug-in first, and I need to hear it for proper pacing.

Written By: Scathe on 11/19/04 at 12:49 am

Hello Everyone,

I've listened to the original "I've Been Everywhere" and it has become apparant to me that I need practice before I can spoof a song this fast and furious. But practice I will. ;D

Written By: karen on 11/19/04 at 11:34 am

I'm still intrigued as to how you knew the title for the song you wanted to parody but not, seemignly the words or tune.

Written By: Scathe on 11/22/04 at 12:58 am

Hi karen,

I've read parodies of the song.  Spaff's is the best one. You should read it.

Written By: karen on 11/22/04 at 6:24 am

Scathe

That sort of makes sense.  I don't know the original song myself but I might take a look at Spaff's version (and yours when its posted)

Written By: Scathe on 12/13/04 at 5:57 pm

:(
Sorry everyone, but it looks like this little project of mine is going to be scraped.
The more I read and listened to "I've Been Everywhere" the more I realized that I couldn't spoof it.

Check for new replies or respond here...