inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guess who's back?

Written By: Icy on 11/13/04 at 2:45 pm

Whilst looking through our old parodies, I couldn't help but notice a large spike in votes. One song went from 5 to 11. I was happy, until it hit me: More then half of the new votes were spite. I think it might just be a few a**holes who spite us, but I wanna check. Is anyone else noticing a spike in spite votes? I think there might be a few people instigating all of this, or somebody is just being really immature about our group's past. Anyone? Thanks.

Icy

SI-MAE

Subject: Re: Guess who's back?

Written By: Scathe on 11/13/04 at 5:49 pm

Hi Icy,

I think I have an answer to your question.  Recently there have been a flood of political parodies due to the presidential election.  Those with strong political views have been writing and reading a slew of Bush and Kerry jokes and the more bitter readers have been voting 1's otu of spite even if the song was made with excellent pacing. Perhaps those readers felt the need to "attack vote" the older parodies and the authors as well >:(.
This is only a theory, but it's a step forward on your question.

Written By: Apricot on 11/13/04 at 7:42 pm

Hi Icy,

I think I have an answer to your question.  Recently there have been a flood of political parodies due to the presidential election.  Those with strong political views have been writing and reading a slew of Bush and Kerry jokes and the more bitter readers have been voting 1's otu of spite even if the song was made with excellent pacing. Perhaps those readers felt the need to "attack vote" the older parodies and the authors as well >:(.
This is only a theory, but it's a step forward on your question.

I checked out what Icy was talking about. Our 6 songs, none of which are political, are under attack.

Written By: Scathe on 11/13/04 at 9:50 pm

My bad.  My theory just went into the toilet.  I think I'll check out the parodies myself.

Written By: Apricot on 11/19/04 at 4:34 pm

My bad.  My theory just went into the toilet.  I think I'll check out the parodies myself.

Meh. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the problem.

Written By: Scathe on 11/22/04 at 1:01 am

I can't find your parodies.  Do you submit under a different name. ???

Written By: karen on 11/22/04 at 4:49 am

I can't find your parodies.  Do you submit under a different name. ???

They submit under the name SI-MAE

Written By: Apricot on 11/22/04 at 3:32 pm

They submit under the name SI-MAE

Yah, but don't look for them on the author list. Only 6, we have.

Written By: Scathe on 11/24/04 at 12:29 am

Yah, but don't look for them on the author list. Only 6, we have.

I've given up on the attack vote mystery.  I read every parody you made and I only recognized "My Band" among the original songs you used.  Also, don't feel bad about only having 6 parodies I only have 4 under the same name I post here.

Written By: malky on 01/03/05 at 9:48 am

you want a series of attacked parodies?  look ovewr my "1" votes for even good songs.. if you piss off the wrong people, a good song, maybe a great one, will get 1-1-1  right off the bat to screw you for any success in averages..

Written By: Ghetto is Back 2k5 on 01/03/05 at 9:54 am

This reminds me of Seinfield....when Jerry bought a coat, and wanted to return it out of spite. However the coat could not be returned with spite being the reason. Jerry then said, well I dont like it....but he had allready said...that the reason was spite. so he couldnt return the jacket....so in response to these spiteful voters, YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE LAME -O!!! JACKET!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Written By: STG on 01/04/05 at 12:52 am

Well, I wish the votes weren't spiteful, but that's the price of being a parody artist. I should be the one to know. I have had a ****-load of parodies that are perfect in everything, but yet I still get terrible votes. So all I can say is that is the price you pay for being good and famous (in some way).

From the Legend S.T.G.

(just kidding about the legend thing, but I do deserve some recognition, right?????)

Written By: Your Worst Nightmare on 01/10/05 at 11:19 am

I got a series of 111's from my very well-paced "anti-choice" parody.

Check for new replies or respond here...