inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Well done, JD

Written By: philbo on 11/16/04 at 5:45 am

...on passing my parody total...

It's been kind of obvious it's going to happen, as he's been posting at a rate I can't keep up with... some people have way too much spare time on their hands ;)

So, JD, you aiming for Malcolm... or Rick?

Subject: Re: Well done, JD

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/16/04 at 9:11 am

...on passing my parody total...

It's been kind of obvious it's going to happen, as he's been posting at a rate I can't keep up with... some people have way too much spare time on their hands ;)

So, JD, you aiming for Malcolm... or Rick?

Thanks, Philbo.  I'm not aiming at anybody...I'm just trying to get these parodies out of my head as fast as they pop up!  ;D

But you know, of course, who's gonna pass us all, very soon?  John Barry!    ;)

Written By: philbo on 11/16/04 at 10:40 am

But you know, of course, who's gonna pass us all, very soon? John Barry! ;)

I see what you mean...

Written By: philbo on 11/16/04 at 10:41 am

OK, so it shrunk the image... in Opera, all you have to do is right-click and say "Open Image" and you'll see it unscaled :)

Written By: Rick D on 11/16/04 at 1:01 pm

I'm not worried about being first, I just like the good company, and you people are. And I agree with you about John Barry. I've met him, and he's a nice mellow guy. Just the kind you have to watch out for.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/16/04 at 4:05 pm

Congrats JD!

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/16/04 at 5:03 pm

Congrats JD!

Thanks Ash!

I really consider this move of mine into 6th place on the submitters list to be a very temporary, very transient "fifteen minutes of fame", since Philbo or John Barry or Alvin Rhodes - or someone else for that matter - will overtake me when I enter a "dry spell", if not sooner!

But I'll enjoy the limelight while it shines!  ;D 

Written By: EthanM on 11/16/04 at 9:39 pm

i was 4th on the list once... i think i had about 100 then.  It's pretty hard to believe how thiings change

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/16/04 at 9:44 pm

i was 4th on the list once... i think i had about 100 then.  It's pretty hard to believe how thiings change

Well said, Ethan.  It's kind of like life, isn't it?  Sands shift, time passes...but parodies march on!

Written By: PRobinson on 11/16/04 at 11:02 pm

JD (and all) - Wonderful to see so much excellent stuff posted so regularly from so many very talented writers.  I truly marvel at the folks who can crank out one or more EVERY DAY.  I've gotten comfortable putting up around 20, maybe 25 a month - sometimes a bit less, but everyone mentioned here or commenting in this thread has probably put up 40 or more in a month on NUMEROUS occasions and that completely boggles my already over-boggled brain...

Paul R.

Written By: EthanM on 11/17/04 at 7:34 pm

i don't think i ever wrote over 30 in a month

Check for new replies or respond here...