inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: thefacebook

Written By: Armstrong on 11/16/04 at 6:16 pm

any parody writers out there in college and on thefacebook??? I'm Jordan R Armstrong from Indiana University if ya wanna new buddy! lata

Subject: Re: thefacebook

Written By: EthanM on 11/16/04 at 9:37 pm

my school's pretty smalll so we don't have that

Written By: Billy Florio on 11/16/04 at 11:11 pm

im up there as...{gasp} Billy Florio from Hofstra University in NY

Written By: K1chyd on 11/17/04 at 12:51 pm

4 out of 5 dentists agree: Billy is da bomb.........

7/5 off all teachers agree: The average student doesn´t understand fractions.

Sorry, just needed an excuse to test my new avatar...

Written By: Billy Florio on 11/18/04 at 5:16 pm

and if anyone is interested (though it may only be open to Hofstra students), a friend of mine has started a group called "Billy Florio isn't funny"...the worst part is, it already has like 14 members! lol

Written By: Armstrong on 11/19/04 at 3:15 pm

classic group... luckily noone has started one of those for me. Thefacebook is just about the most addictive thing online anymore i think. It would be cooler if we could join other groups from other schools... or create like super groups that don't include schools... ah well

Written By: neminem on 11/22/04 at 4:05 pm

I am Adam Field at Claremont (they put all five Claremont schools together, cause everyone kept asking him to).

Written By: EthanM on 01/17/05 at 12:27 pm

i just got facebook right after i graduated so i'm in as an alumni of franklin and marshall college

Written By: Double E on 02/24/05 at 10:20 pm

I'm a little late on this one, but that's OK. You'll forgive me, right?

Emerson Emser from Ithaca College.

Mmm... facebook.

-E²

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/27/06 at 2:31 pm

for some reason, dozens of people keep hitting this thread today.  what are people searching for that is causing them to find this page?  Look at the view count, insane!

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/27/06 at 2:44 pm

for some reason, dozens of people keep hitting this thread today.  what are people searching for that is causing them to find this page?  Look at the view count, insane!

I think the popularity of this thread probably went up when thefacebook.com officially switched over to facebook.com. Since threads on this board appear high on Google, anyone looking for thefacebook is likely to hit here, whereas most other places would simply be referring to it as facebook by now.

Written By: Johnny_D on 03/27/06 at 2:53 pm

You're right, Chucky --- I refreshed the Song Parodies page a few times in less than a minute, and you could watch the count climb!

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/27/06 at 3:02 pm

it looks like for the term "thefacebook" this is a top ten result on yahoo, so maybe it's all yahoo people?  the search engine bot for them recently began hitting inthe00s heavier than it used to.  it's not as high on google from what I can tell.

Written By: Cat on 03/27/06 at 4:55 pm

Whoa. Windbreaker, you don't happen to like the song "

Check for new replies or respond here...