inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hey, Chucky...

Written By: philbo on 12/04/04 at 10:25 am

Not that I'm usually one to complain about being hit by 1s, but since the last time I looked, See your Chest has picked up seven new votes... all of 'em 1s.  Now, I can't believe it's suddenly become such a bad song that I can only assume it's one bod hitting it: would you mind checking, please?  Thanks.

Phil

Subject: Re: Hey, Chucky...

Written By: PRobinson on 12/04/04 at 3:25 pm

Phil,  that's a whooole lot of "1's"...that's even more than I get for my "anti-Bush" political pieces...usually only 2 or 3 at most...although I have noticed I have a new "fan" who seems to want to give me "3-3-3" on most everything...guess he/she thinks I'm pretty mediocre...hey, could be...

pr

Written By: EmiLoca on 12/04/04 at 5:34 pm

Well, at least you know now that 8 people are obscenely jealous of you.  I haven't got a 1 in months.  :\'(  ;)

At any rate, WE know how good you are.

Written By: STG on 12/04/04 at 6:04 pm

Phil,
Don't let it get you down. I used to be really good at writing parodies but certain people would just deliberately give me ones.
So I know how you feel.

I'M PULLING FOR YA'
WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

Written By: jreuben on 12/07/04 at 9:40 am

Well, at least you know now that 8 people are obscenely jealous of you.  I haven't got a 1 in months.  :\'(  ;)

At any rate, WE know how good you are.

My apologies Emi, I would have sworn I'd kept up giving all your songs ones.  I'll try to be more diligent in the future :P

Subject: Re: The Only Thread That Matters

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 12/07/04 at 9:44 am

My apologies Emi, I would have sworn I'd kept up giving all your songs ones.  I'll try to be more diligent in the future :P

The way I look at it, 1-givers obviously have a sad life, so giving ones is its own punishment

Written By: philbo on 12/07/04 at 10:40 am

It's not that I'm complaining about getting 1s - a while back I asked Chucky to check why I Hate Britney Spears picked up eighteen votes overnight (most of 'em fives, IIRC) - turns out they were all from different IP addresses, so it wasn't voting fraud - just the start of an age of popularity for that song after BS won the "Most hated person on the 'net" award.  It's not that they're all 1s that grabbed my attention, just that 7 of them were cast in a short space of time, which seemed more than a little suspicious to me.

Jeff-  you're slacking... ::)

Written By: Leo Jay on 12/07/04 at 4:52 pm

I haven't got a 1 in months.  :\'(   ;)

I'll give you one.

Written By: neminem on 12/07/04 at 5:29 pm

Yeah, my newest got three of them right at the beginning, too. http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/britneyspears114.shtml

Written By: MooRocca on 12/07/04 at 9:11 pm

Not that I'm usually one to complain about being hit by 1s, but since the last time I looked, See your Chest has picked up seven new votes... all of 'em 1s.  Now, I can't believe it's suddenly become such a bad song that I can only assume it's one bod hitting it: would you mind checking, please?  Thanks.

Phil

...and what a coincidence that you just had it in a contest.  Not.  My last three contest entries have been hit in the just the last few days, both my Nov. SOTM and my Xmas parody were hit within hours of entering them.  Ones Guy is getting lazy, using the contest entry threads to plot its pitiful course. 

Check for new replies or respond here...