inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hitler parody

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/09/04 at 3:01 pm

I don't filter on whether a parody pushes the bounds of bad taste, and this was no exception. 

I removed it because a few of the lines seemed to encourage violence (start another Daschau, past tense discussion of killing)

Not sure what the author was trying to get across with that one, but I'm not interested in becoming another Stormfront in case anyone is wondering.

Subject: Re: Hitler parody

Written By: philbo on 12/09/04 at 7:58 pm

Have to admit that I found that one more than a little distasteful: doesn't help that I have a Hitler parody on the drawing board at the moment, but from a somewhat different angle (like, more sort of Mel Brooks IYSWIM)

Written By: PRobinson on 12/10/04 at 11:23 pm

well, I missed it, but somehow I'm kind of glad of that...It's possible to do something funny in that vein (as Brooks proved), but not easy...I know I couldn't...

pr

Written By: philbo on 12/11/04 at 5:03 am

This one wasn't - it kept you thinking that it was going to get funny, but there was no punchline and no joke.

Written By: neminem on 12/11/04 at 2:08 pm

Hmm... this would be as good a place as any to ask a totally unrelated question about bad taste: how would you feel about a parody entitled Gay******s from Outer Space, about the odd movie of the same name?

Written By: PRobinson on 12/11/04 at 3:37 pm

Hmm... this would be as good a place as any to ask a totally unrelated question about bad taste: how would you feel about a parody entitled Gay******s from Outer Space, about the odd movie of the same name?

Wow!  there was a MOVIE with that title???  Well, that kind of put the subject out there...so I guess a parody with the same title would at least probably not be in any worse taste than the Movie project was...I guess it would depend on the parody lyrics - and WHO was reading them...so I probably haven't been much help here...

pr

Written By: neminem on 12/12/04 at 4:40 am

Wow!  there was a MOVIE with that title???  Well, that kind of put the subject out there...so I guess a parody with the same title would at least probably not be in any worse taste than the Movie project was...I guess it would depend on the parody lyrics - and WHO was reading them...so I probably haven't been much help here...

pr

Yeah, there was a movie with the name. Some group on campus just played it last weekend, but I didn't get to see it. It gave me a brilliant parody idea, though, especially since IMDB seems to make it pretty clear that it's the worst piece of garbage since Manos: The Hands of Fate :). Course, I'd actually need to suffer through the movie first myself, in order to write the thing, so who knows whether it'll ever get done ;D.

Written By: PRobinson on 12/12/04 at 11:46 am

Yeah, there was a movie with the name. Some group on campus just played it last weekend, but I didn't get to see it. It gave me a brilliant parody idea, though, especially since IMDB seems to make it pretty clear that it's the worst piece of garbage since Manos: The Hands of Fate :). Course, I'd actually need to suffer through the movie first myself, in order to write the thing, so who knows whether it'll ever get done ;D.

Nem - Sounds like that really would be "suffering for your art"...I'd offer you some "Heil 5's" but that would probably be in extremely bad taste...if I weren't Jewish I'd probably be reluctant to even post that in this note...

pr

Check for new replies or respond here...