inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How to record parodiess on a karaoke machine with the song playing, but not..

Written By: Jack Wilson on 12/14/04 at 8:45 pm

being able o hear the original singer singing in the abckground? How can I do this?

For example say I recorded "Toss Her a Salad", I owuldntt wnat Billy's singing to be heard in the background

Subject: Re: How to record parodiess on a karaoke machine with the song playing, but not..

Written By: Billy Florio on 12/14/04 at 11:19 pm

wait, whats wrong with my singing?  ;)

Subject: Re: How to record parodiess on a karaoke machine with the song playing, but not..

Written By: Arwen on 12/14/04 at 11:55 pm

wait, whats wrong with my singing?  ;)

LOL, Billy!

Subject: Re: How to record parodiess on a karaoke machine with the song playing, but not.

Written By: Wolveroses on 12/15/04 at 7:37 am

screw the karaoke machine.  grab real producer, get the instrumental, grab your mic from your computer and start to record.  for more advanced type of things, convert that real audio file into a mp3 and burn onto CD.

Subject: Re: How to record parodiess on a karaoke machine with the song playing, but not.

Written By: jreuben on 12/15/04 at 2:48 pm

Best bet is a karaoke CD, but even then, it's hard to screen out the background singers.  Some karaoke machines claim they can screen out the original singer, but it never works well enough for this kind of thing. 

Written By: Arwen on 12/15/04 at 2:50 pm

I think the best thing to do would be to take your live band to a recording studio and lay down the track...I have a couple spare live bands if you need one.

Written By: jreuben on 12/15/04 at 2:52 pm

I think the best thing to do would be to take your live band to a recording studio and lay down the track...I have a couple spare live bands if you need one.

"When I, record my song
I want to make it grand
So if, they're not busy:
I wanna use your band!

I wanna use your  ba-a-a-nd.
I wanna use your band!"

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/15/04 at 9:05 pm

screw the karaoke machine.  grab real producer,

any producers in particular you'd like to recommend? I know Butch Vig did an excellent job with some kid out of Seattle, and Bruce Dickerson is good with knowing when to put cowbell in a song.  I think tough, he was looking for something cheaper...

wait, is this the name of some software package? nevermind

Written By: SteveCav on 12/15/04 at 9:18 pm

You could always look into using midi files with a tracker.

Written By: Arwen on 12/15/04 at 11:59 pm

"When I, record my song
I want to make it grand
So if, they're not busy:
I wanna use your band!

I wanna use your  ba-a-a-nd.
I wanna use your band!"

LOL, Jeff!!

Check for new replies or respond here...