inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Apologies to Static

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/23/04 at 4:51 pm

I got what appears to be an automated message from google.  One of his parodies had the line "help out the site and click on the ads" in it, and they flagged it as infringing on the system rules.  So I removed it to be on the safe side, talk about annoying.

So yeah, you can't put that in your parodies, but I can't state it on the site, or else the stupid robot might flag it and I'll get another stupid email.  Heck, I probably shouldn't even say it here in a message since they might flag that... silly thing.

Subject: Re: Apologies to Static

Written By: Billy Florio on 12/23/04 at 9:07 pm

wait, why did this happen?

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/24/04 at 12:38 pm

wait, why did this happen?

I run Google Ads on the site.  One of their rules is that you can't place messages on your site telling people to click on the advertisements.  They must have a filter or something that catches when someone posts a "click on the ads" type of message on the website, and the fire of a form letter.

Written By: Billy Florio on 12/24/04 at 12:53 pm

I run Google Ads on the site.  One of their rules is that you can't place messages on your site telling people to click on the advertisements.  They must have a filter or something that catches when someone posts a "click on the ads" type of message on the website, and the fire of a form letter.

ooooh...hmm..Id think Google would like that advertising, but Id guess I would be wrong.  egh, their lose

Written By: jreuben on 12/29/04 at 10:31 am

ooooh...hmm..Id think Google would like that advertising, but Id guess I would be wrong.  egh, their lose

I'd guess they want to know who's really clicking on the ads out of interest, instead of people clicking just because the host site asks them to, with no intention of actually looking at the ad.  (Had to do a bit of ad-libbing there)

Check for new replies or respond here...