inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: did a batch of parodies get lost?

Written By: EthanM on 01/07/05 at 8:49 am

i submitted a couple of parodies on wednesday and they're still not on amiright there are also surprisingly few parodies on the main page for 2 days worth. I don't think there was any reason for what i wrote not to be approved so what happened?

Subject: Re: did a batch of parodies get lost?

Written By: EthanM on 01/07/05 at 8:53 am

it seems like all of yesterday's parodies got put up really late so no one got a chance to see them

Written By: jreuben on 01/07/05 at 9:10 am

Yeah, looks like the parodies from Jan 6 either never made the front page, or were up for a very short period of time (they are listed in the "New Entries" link)

Written By: Rick D on 01/07/05 at 9:38 am

Since I didn't see any postings, I submitted mine again. I think we should all just do the same. I didn't see any of them.

Written By: Arwen on 01/07/05 at 10:08 am

The one I submitted for Thursday's posting showed up today...but under 1/6/05...

Written By: K1chyd on 01/07/05 at 11:01 am

I´ve posted to Chucky about this in the System Forum, if those songs were on the front page at all it wasn´t for more than approx 4-5 hours (unless I have a cache problem but then I´d be alone about this, right). Hopefully he can take everything listed under yesterday and ad that too to todays list.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/05 at 11:34 am

I´ve posted to Chucky about this in the System Forum, if those songs were on the front page at all it wasn´t for more than approx 4-5 hours (unless I have a cache problem but then I´d be alone about this, right). Hopefully he can take everything listed under yesterday and ad that too to todays list.

it looks like I approved everything submitted, but never ran the script to update the front page. 

I don't really have an easy way of putting yesterday's entries on the front page now (dang it!).  I'll submit a news link and link to the entries page.

Something like this, I wish people would send me a personal message instead of a messageboard posting, since I don't always catch them on the boards.

Written By: K1chyd on 01/07/05 at 11:46 am

Something like this, I wish people would send me a personal message instead of a messageboard posting, since I don't always catch them on the boards.

Someone probably would have, but it was a holiday, you´re quite newlywed, and we´re kind of much too spoiled with daily updates to "flame" you when you for once seems to be claiming an extra 1/7 of that "posted within a week" that´s in the written policy. ;-)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/05 at 3:31 pm

Someone probably would have, but it was a holiday, you´re quite newlywed, and we´re kind of much too spoiled with daily updates to "flame" you when you for once seems to be claiming an extra 1/7 of that "posted within a week" that´s in the written policy. ;-)

I'm past the newlywed status already >grin<  Actually, it seems like once December hit, most of the rush was off, and I didn't feel as overwhelmed by eveything.  The house was not quite ready for the wife before she moved in, which didn't help of course.

Generally, if you don't see an update on a weekday, I've screwed up.  Weekends are a different story, I might skip one or both days depending on the demands of the real world.  Hmm... I guess there's no easy way to prevent this from happening if I forget to check the front page.

Check for new replies or respond here...