inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: amIright gear? would you buy stuff with the site logo on it?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/05 at 9:24 am

I've got a cafepress store for inthe80s: http://www.cafepress.com/inthe80s.16440104  which doesn't really see many sales.  I was wondering if there was any pent up demand for t-shirts with the amiright site logo on them?

Subject: Re: amIright gear? would you buy stuff with the site logo on it?

Written By: Johnny_D on 01/13/05 at 9:47 am

I've got a cafepress store for inthe80s: http://www.cafepress.com/inthe80s.16440104  which doesn't really see many sales.  I was wondering if there was any pent up demand for t-shirts with the amiright site logo on them?

Not only pent up, but sext up as well.

I'd be a potential customer.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/05 at 10:04 am

Not only pent up, but sext up as well.

I'd be a potential customer.

sext up? ugh.  I guess those thongs they allow me to print up would be appealing then?

Written By: jreuben on 01/13/05 at 11:08 am

sext up? ugh.  I guess those thongs they allow me to print up would be appealing then?

I've always dreamed of having an amiright thong. 

(I would be a potential customer as well)

Written By: bobbypags on 01/13/05 at 1:16 pm

But there would have to be an underwire bra to go with the thong - suitable for setting off any airport metal detector.  The right cup could have "Am", the left cup "I" and the thong "right" (lengthwise, of course).

Written By: Billy Florio on 01/13/05 at 1:32 pm

ana miright shirt would be nice

Written By: Gonfunko on 01/13/05 at 1:55 pm

That would be cool. I'd be happy to put in a link on my website to amiright merchandise.  :)

Written By: John Jenkins on 01/13/05 at 1:57 pm

I usually try to avoid stuff with logos, but the amiright logo would be different.  I would be a customer for a shirt and baseball hat.

Written By: jreuben on 01/13/05 at 2:04 pm

That would be cool. I'd be happy to put in a link on my website to amiright merchandise.  :)

Ditto...and I would be up for other items if the thong is sold out (or not available)  ;D

Written By: bobbypags on 01/13/05 at 3:51 pm

You mean like a camisole or teddy, Jeff?  We could have a little motto:  Amirighters do it on the logo.

Written By: Johnny_D on 01/13/05 at 4:00 pm

Chucky, maybe you could market a fake thong as a novelty item and call it "The Amiright Thong Parody".

Written By: philbo on 01/13/05 at 5:07 pm

An amiright T-Shirt would be fun (I wonder what the postage to the UK would be?) - it'd have to have the "making fun of music one song at a time" tagline, too.

:D

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/05 at 7:22 pm

An amiright T-Shirt would be fun (I wonder what the postage to the UK would be?) - it'd have to have the "making fun of music one song at a time" tagline, too.

:D

I use cafepress, and they claim shipping for all international customers is $7, opposed to $4 for the US customers, so it's not that much more really.

I'm going to try and do a few with misheard lyrics on them.  Cafepress has VERY restrictive polices on names and song lyrics, etc. but I think I know a way around that.

So a few of the t-shirts will have some lyrics on the back... should be neat.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/05 at 8:12 pm

well, here it is with just the logo and motto:

http://www.cafepress.com/amiright

I'm still debating whether I need to add the .com to the site name, and there's nothing on the back of any of the t-shirts.  I'm going to do more on it at some point, but probably not for a couple days.  At least this way you get some idea of what would be available.

Subject: Re: The Only Thread That Matters

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 01/14/05 at 3:14 am

Chucky, maybe you could market a fake thong as a novelty item and call it "The Amiright Thong Parody".

starting with "Love is a beautiful thong...lala la lala la la"

Written By: karen on 01/14/05 at 3:57 am

I bet baby Cube and baby Chucky will get one of these!

Written By: Silver Power on 01/14/05 at 4:23 pm

OOOOOOOOO! I MIGHT WANNA BUY THE WHITE T-SHIRT, THE DOG T-SHIRT, THE TEDDY BEAR, THE BBQ APRON AND THE *cough, cough* THONG!

Written By: 2nz on 01/14/05 at 6:50 pm

Put me down for an AmiRight-mobile and a shirt. If you don't have that first one, I'm still interested in the shirt.

Written By: John Jenkins on 01/18/05 at 10:21 pm

The good news is that I got my wife to order some stuff for me for Valentine's Day, I got it today, and it looks good. :)  The bad news is that I couldn't get my wife to let me order some amiright stuff for her Valentine's Day gift. :(

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/19/05 at 11:00 am

The good news is that I got my wife to order some stuff for me for Valentine's Day, I got it today, and it looks good. :)  The bad news is that I couldn't get my wife to let me order some amiright stuff for her Valentine's Day gift. :(

That's cool.  I haven't even put a link on amiright to the stuff yet, so I was wondering who had placed the order.

Do they look good with just the logo?  I am thinking of doing a couple of shirts with misheard lyrics on the back at some point.

Written By: jreuben on 01/19/05 at 11:19 am

That's cool.  I haven't even put a link on amiright to the stuff yet, so I was wondering who had placed the order.

Do they look good with just the logo?  I am thinking of doing a couple of shirts with misheard lyrics on the back at some point.

There should be at least two orders  :)  Mine was shipped, I haven't received it yet. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/19/05 at 12:26 pm

There should be at least two orders  :)  Mine was shipped, I haven't received it yet. 

there probably is.  I just noticed a bunch of different things purchased, I don't think it breaks it down by people though.

Written By: jreuben on 01/19/05 at 12:29 pm

there probably is.  I just noticed a bunch of different things purchased, I don't think it breaks it down by people though.

Oh, to answer your question, I like the misheard lyrics on the back idea.  Obviously, it didn't stop me from buying already, but it adds something.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/19/05 at 12:35 pm

I bet baby Cube and baby Chucky will get one of these!

I already joked with the wife about it... though I think I was going to go with an inthe80s one. 

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/23/05 at 1:36 pm

Fun idea, Chucky. I hope that sales are brisk. I'm leaning toward the Amiright thong, myself.

Also, Chucky, the "Funny Excerpts" thread is about Amiright gear. You may want to check it out if you haven't already.
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,6234.0.html

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...