inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: can we have a no votes-comments only option?

Written By: Shelly on 01/13/05 at 1:40 pm

people get so bent out of shape about votes and I think it would be nice if people didnt have to get votes since some people get so hurt by low scores.  what about letting people choose to get comments but not votes?

Subject: Re: can we have a no votes-comments only option?

Written By: EthanM on 01/13/05 at 2:49 pm

but then you'd have to be prepared for the possibility that people might leave mean comments instead of low votes

Written By: Claude_Prez on 01/13/05 at 3:42 pm

people get so bent out of shape about votes and I think it would be nice if people didnt have to get votes since some people get so hurt by low scores.  what about letting people choose to get comments but not votes?

What?  And render all those great "ones guy" songs obsolete?  No way man.  Actually, between the top ten lists ending and the glitch that removed, like, a year's worth of voting, I think people are taking the votes a lot less seriously than they used to.  Which is a good thing.  But I'd prefer to see it remain because it is another way to give and receive feedback; I'm guessing people who truly can't handle criticism tend to not stick around anyway.

Written By: bobbypags on 01/13/05 at 3:46 pm

I still don't understand why people get so upset about the voting.  Low votes don't necessarily mean that the work is bad - Hell, I know most of my parodies will piss off 50% of an audience - and if they don't, they couldn't have been written that well.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/05 at 7:24 pm

Probably not something I could implement that easily.  So I'm not going to give it much thought.

If you're getting low votes but no comments, that would be a little strange anyways.

Check for new replies or respond here...