inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are we doing a 2004 best of best thing?

Written By: Just_Brit on 01/15/05 at 8:47 pm

just wondering...:D

Subject: Re: Are we doing a 2004 best of best thing?

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 01/15/05 at 9:38 pm

How do you mean? Everybody submits their fave parody of the year or suggests someone elses,

or the winning parodies from SOTM are compiled and recorded onto a 'Best of AmiRight, Hits of Summer 2004' album to be sold with all proceeds going firectly to me?

Written By: Just_Brit on 01/16/05 at 12:31 pm

no like SOTM twe did onelike two years ago where there were categories and stuff...

Written By: EthanM on 01/16/05 at 1:49 pm

you mean liike the amiright awards? i think there have been far too many parodies submitted in the past year to posibly keep track of what deserves an award

Written By: Billy Florio on 01/17/05 at 1:13 pm

once again Ill offer though...if someone else wants to take control of the amiright awards and do all the work to set it up and tally votes and nominate parodies, etc, then you are more than welcome to

Written By: jreuben on 01/17/05 at 1:42 pm

What Luke said will happen...I think (Claude, correct me if I'm wrong), the top 3 songs from each month, along with the top 3 from the wildcard round will be in a contest for Song of the year

Written By: Claude_Prez on 01/17/05 at 8:29 pm

What Luke said will happen...I think (Claude, correct me if I'm wrong), the top 3 songs from each month, along with the top 3 from the wildcard round will be in a contest for Song of the year

That is correct; the voting thread can go up immediately once the Dec. and WC rounds are finished at the end of the month.  There will be no requirement to leave comments on every parody, everyone will pick five faves, and all who have participated in a SOTM contest this year will be eligible --not to mention encouraged -- to vote.  Also the Parody Author of the Year results (compiled from SOTM point totals) will be announced early in February.

Written By: Just_Brit on 01/17/05 at 11:06 pm

bummer...

Written By: Claude_Prez on 01/18/05 at 4:35 am

bummer...

Like Billy said, if you're willing to go through the past few thousand parodies to do the nominations feel free.  But if you miss any good ones, you'll be the one they complain to.  Or if you miss any mediocre ones.  Or, let's face it, if you miss any crappy ones.  There's a reason why he's not willing to do it again and I sure don't blame him.  (This is one of my favorite things about the SOTM -- everyone can "nominate" themselves). 

Written By: Just_Brit on 01/18/05 at 8:51 am

hence the reason i don't want to do it. but the SOTM awards type thing really narrows it down and keeps all those who participated out of the nominating and just let's them vote. not saying that isn't good it's just...i dunno i'm not in a very happy mood today...

Check for new replies or respond here...