inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need feedback on new parody website....

Written By: Gonfunko on 01/19/05 at 3:55 pm

I just finished changing the look and layout of my website, and need some feedback. Let me know if you like the look, if the layout's easy to understand, information easy to find, etc. The link's www.gonfunko.com/index.html Any and all comments appreciated, especially constructive critiscism.  :)
BTW - It displays fine in IE, but some pages may be a bit long in Firefox. If you have another browser, let me know if there are any display issues.

Subject: Re: Need feedback on new parody website....

Written By: jreuben on 01/19/05 at 10:57 pm

I just finished changing the look and layout of my website, and need some feedback. Let me know if you like the look, if the layout's easy to understand, information easy to find, etc. The link's www.gonfunko.com/index.html Any and all comments appreciated, especially constructive critiscism.  :)
BTW - It displays fine in IE, but some pages may be a bit long in Firefox. If you have another browser, let me know if there are any display issues.

Nice layout, I like it!  One comment, in IE, if you shrink the width (not enough that it scrolls, but enough that this happens), the text in the amiright link section runs past the border into the "background" on the right.  I'll take a look around more later in the week...I'm set for bed now  :)

Written By: Gonfunko on 01/20/05 at 1:04 pm

Nice layout, I like it!  One comment, in IE, if you shrink the width (not enough that it scrolls, but enough that this happens), the text in the amiright link section runs past the border into the "background" on the right.  I'll take a look around more later in the week...I'm set for bed now  :)

Hmm...that's strange, since that bit of text is centered in the white part for me. What version of IE are you running? Maybe the encoding is different or something....

Written By: jreuben on 01/20/05 at 1:52 pm

Hmm...that's strange, since that bit of text is centered in the white part for me. What version of IE are you running? Maybe the encoding is different or something....

Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158

It almost looks like the Amiright logo is pushing the text too far to the right when I see it.  But if the window is sized "wide" enough, it looks fine.  It happens both at home and work (and in Firefox), for whatever that's worth.  Did you try shrinking the width of the window?

Written By: Gonfunko on 01/20/05 at 2:18 pm

Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158

It almost looks like the Amiright logo is pushing the text too far to the right when I see it.  But if the window is sized "wide" enough, it looks fine.  It happens both at home and work (and in Firefox), for whatever that's worth.  Did you try shrinking the width of the window?

Ah ha....I think I may have found the issue. Is your screen resolution 800x600 or 1024x768? When I set my monitor to 800x600, I encountered the same problem, but at 1024x768, it's centered correctly. If you're running 1024x768, I'm not sure what the problem is though....

Written By: jreuben on 01/20/05 at 2:31 pm

Ah ha....I think I may have found the issue. Is your screen resolution 800x600 or 1024x768? When I set my monitor to 800x600, I encountered the same problem, but at 1024x768, it's centered correctly. If you're running 1024x768, I'm not sure what the problem is though....

It's actually set at 1280 by 1024.  I tried 1024x768 and still have the same problem  :\'(

Written By: Gonfunko on 01/20/05 at 2:36 pm

It's actually set at 1280 by 1024.  I tried 1024x768 and still have the same problem  :\'(

That's bizarre....I'll have to look into that a bit further.

Check for new replies or respond here...