inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Search" function in Parody section

Written By: PRobinson on 01/20/05 at 7:31 pm

ChuckyG - I've noticed lately that when I try to do a "Search" of parody's done to a particular group's songs (say, the Beatles, for example) that I only get the latest 10.  When I click to see additional parodies of that works by that group I get an "Internal Server Error" message.  Is anyone else running into this problem and is there some other way or place to check for prior works?

Thanks,

Paul R.

Subject: Re: "Search" function in Parody section

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/21/05 at 8:39 am

no, it's definitely broken.  I removed the parody search script due to problems with it (I believe it was responsible for crashing the server).  I haven't had time to research a better solution either, so I'm afraid it won't be fixed any time soon.

Written By: philbo on 01/21/05 at 7:25 pm

I find the best way to find parodies is to use the title plus "Based on" in one string, e.g. searching for
"Layla based on"
(including quotes) will find parodies using Layla as a source; you could use the same logic to find:
"performance by Derek and the Dominos"
...to give all parodies by them... wouldn't recommend it for "the beatles", though, if you're looking for something specific: there's 985 of 'em.

Written By: Scathe on 01/21/05 at 9:24 pm

I thought it was AOL causing it. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...