inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Superbowl

Written By: K1chyd on 01/29/05 at 9:20 am

I´m curious, and maybe one of you Americans can answer this, about who will be playing the Superbowl half time show this year? Have they found someone "reliable" and "family safe"?

And for those who have no idea why I´m asking (that can´t be too many), here´s a reminder:

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4104

Subject: Re: Superbowl

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/29/05 at 4:24 pm

I´m curious, and maybe one of you Americans can answer this, about who will be playing the Superbowl half time show this year? Have they found someone "reliable" and "family safe"?

Yep. Paul McCartney. Personally, I hope he decides to moon the crowd (and the FCC while he's at it), but I'm not holding my breath.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/30/05 at 12:28 am

Yep. Paul McCartney. Personally, I hope he decides to moon the crowd (and the FCC while he's at it), but I'm not holding my breath.

it's Paul McCartney... he'd still manage to make it boring and sappy.

Here's to hoping he plays "Spies Like Us".  A number one hit he seems to always neglect placing on his greatest hits collections.

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/30/05 at 1:05 am

Here's to hoping he plays "Spies Like Us". 

I keep hoping he'll surprise us at one of these events and bust out "Big Boys Bickering":
http://www.macca-central.com/macca-songs/getlyrics.cfm?id=625

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: K1chyd on 01/30/05 at 2:58 am

I keep hoping he'll surprise us at one of these events and bust out "Big Boys Bickering":
http://www.macca-central.com/macca-songs/getlyrics.cfm?id=625

xoxox
Spaff

Bust out? :-)

Thanx Spaff and Chucky!

Written By: K1chyd on 01/30/05 at 3:01 am

Just remembered this quote from my handy-to-have archive:

“Football combines the two worst things about American life: it’s violence punctuated by committee meetings.” George Will

Written By: Leo Jay on 01/31/05 at 11:37 am

Good riddance to MTV halftime.  And Michael Powell.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/05 at 11:40 am

is anyone doing "alternate" half-time shows?  I know several years ago there were alternate half-times on some channels, but I guess it wasn't a worthwhile stunt since I've seen no mention of anyone doing it this year.  Too bad.

Written By: Leo Jay on 01/31/05 at 1:10 pm

Just remembered this quote from my handy-to-have archive:

“Football combines the two worst things about American life: it’s violence punctuated by committee meetings.” George Will

Bah, football isn't violent.  It's intensely, physically confrontational.  Big difference.

Written By: Armstrong on 01/31/05 at 2:13 pm

now committee meetings, coaches, huddles, time outs, officials after penalties. WORD to that!

Check for new replies or respond here...