inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 50 Parodies for me!

Written By: Ansky1213 on 02/15/05 at 6:23 pm

Hooray for me! I've finally reached my first 50 parodies. It took me long enough, too. Oh, well, I guess I just go for quality over quantitiy. I've got a ways to go before I join the ranks of amiright's elite, but hopefully I'm on my way...

Don't all get up to congratulate me at once. I can only take so much praise.

....Anybody?

Subject: Re: 50 Parodies for me!

Written By: EthanM on 02/15/05 at 6:28 pm

congratulations. It was a  pretty big deal when i did it back in 2002 but now with so many people in the hundreds people probably aren't going to care very much.

Written By: Ansky1213 on 02/15/05 at 6:46 pm

Fine. I'll give you a call when I'm at 1000, then.

Written By: EthanM on 02/15/05 at 6:54 pm

I didn't mean to be ruse i was just saying how things have changed. You're still probably younger than most people here when they wrote their 50th

Written By: Arwen on 02/15/05 at 7:06 pm

Hooray for me! I've finally reached my first 50 parodies. It took me long enough, too. Oh, well, I guess I just go for quality over quantitiy. I've got a ways to go before I join the ranks of amiright's elite, but hopefully I'm on my way...

Don't all get up to congratulate me at once. I can only take so much praise.

....Anybody?

Congratulations!!

It's a GREAT milestone no matter how many people have done it before you!

Written By: MooRocca on 02/15/05 at 8:02 pm

Congrats Charlie!  Looking very forward to the next 50!  :)

Written By: Johnny_D on 02/15/05 at 8:21 pm

Congratulations, Charlie.  I think many people in the world wouldn't even imagine ever writing 50 original song parodies all by themselves - it's an accomplishment you should be proud of - it demonstrates your creativity, your love of language and lyrics, and your skill with the music of words.  Well done!

Written By: jreuben on 02/15/05 at 8:25 pm

Congratulations Charlie...I personally did not have 50 till I was much older than you!

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 02/15/05 at 8:50 pm

In the words of Jim Carrey to Oprah on her 50th birthday:
"Let's make the second half a little more productive."

Pat yerself on the back, matey. But also appreciate the efforts of those with hundreds to their name.

Written By: Armstrong on 02/15/05 at 10:25 pm

hell, we celebrated when we hit 30. I'll drink one for ya this weekend charlie. keep pluggin.

Written By: Rex on 02/22/05 at 3:58 pm

AWESOME!!!! Congrats on your first 50! (You realize, though, that if the world operated in base 7 you could have celebrated at 35. Oh, if we only had fewer fingers...)

Written By: philbo on 02/22/05 at 5:03 pm

Well, the first 50 are the hardest... so are the next 50, they're the hardest, too.  After that, it gets more difficult.

(OK, can anyone recognize what that's plagiarized from?)

Well done, Charlie.  I actually find it kind of scary the number of people who've written all these oodles of parodies - especially as there are so many incredibly good ones around, too.

Written By: 2nz on 02/22/05 at 11:41 pm

Congratulations to the guy who stole my idea for "Fatter" months before I even had it. Awesome milestone, bro. I wish I'd thought of celebrating 50. It'll probably be years before I get to triple digit the rate I've been going lately  ;D. You rule, Charlie.

Written By: Spaff.com on 02/22/05 at 11:46 pm

I didn't mean to be ruse

Nor did I. Good work, Sgt Decker. It took me decades to get to 50, so you'll be burned out and apathetic at a much earlier age. Heh heh. Congrats.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Scathe on 02/23/05 at 1:31 am

50 parodies!  That's amazing!  Any tips for an idea starved author like me.  ;D

Written By: STG on 02/23/05 at 2:24 pm

congratulations!!!!
I remember I was about 15 or 16 when I hit 50. So it's been a while, but I'm hoping to get back into the game again.

Check for new replies or respond here...