inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parody messed up

Written By: Ilya Kolb on 02/17/05 at 5:42 pm

Hi, I just started writing parodies a few months ago, and I really like this site. Anyway, I made a parody for Rammstein's "Ich Will" entitled "Big Macs", I previewed it, and submited it. For some reason, though, the parody that is posted on this site is not complete. It contains only about half the lyrics. I am sure I sent in the full version, what should I do? Thanks for any suggestions. Here is the incomplete parody

Subject: Re: Parody messed up

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/17/05 at 7:47 pm

Hi, I just started writing parodies a few months ago, and I really like this site. Anyway, I made a parody for Rammstein's "Ich Will" entitled "Big Macs", I previewed it, and submited it. For some reason, though, the parody that is posted on this site is not complete. It contains only about half the lyrics. I am sure I sent in the full version, what should I do? Thanks for any suggestions. Here is the incomplete parody

submit it again and I'll remove the other one (just send me a personal message to remind me to do it)

Written By: Ilya Kolb on 02/18/05 at 5:09 am

Ok, will do, thanks

Written By: cryptoguy on 02/21/05 at 10:18 am

This is very strange!!! I see you uploaded the new version, but it is identical to the old one (therefore incomplete). I do not know why this is, what should I do? (Here is the link) I have noticed, that it stops when I put in the line brackets | |. I mean the next line after "it calls for you" is "|With the voice of a dying cat|" In line brackets. And the italicised sentence is supposed to be "Whatever is in | | brackets is sung by the choir.

Written By: K1chyd on 02/21/05 at 11:14 am

There´s a problem right now with odd symbols and line breaks and copyright symbols and stuff showing up as something completely different, but...

...at the bottom of the submissions page there´s a button called "Preview". Use that one, and then use it again until you get it right.

If that still don´t work and your next submission of this parody is still cut in half, well, at least you´ve tried what you can to eliminate those invisible gifts to your Word document that Bill Gates charges your Office Suit an additional grand for... :D

Written By: cryptoguy on 02/21/05 at 11:49 am

Well, I do Preview every submission, but it shows up fine on the preview. I guess I will submit without the symbols.

Check for new replies or respond here...