inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please no more bathroom parodies...I want them stopped!

Written By: Mr critic on 03/22/05 at 11:00 am

Dear Chucky,

I really am sick of bathroom parodies. Lately, some hobbit by the name of "Poppie Longstocking" has been spamming the site with parodies about anal excrament. There were about three or four new ones this morning. Anyway, I feel that poop is a completely gross, disgusting, sickening subject of parody writing, and I want for them to end.

When I first came to this site two or three years ago, there was hardly anything about gross stuff, and there were mostly "clean" parodies. Lately, people (especially the entity mentioned in the last paragraph) seem to be obsessed with it, and I think it's gone too far lately. I just don't want the site to go downhill, like most cable networks have in recent years.

In conclusion, I would like to request a ban on poop paroides; I do find them rather annoying.

Subject: Re: Please no more bathroom parodies...I want them stopped!

Written By: kim on 03/22/05 at 11:06 am

chucky's guidelines for amiright prohibit only parodies that deal with sex or that violently threaten and attack somebody, they do not prohibit parodies about bodily waste.

Written By: kim on 03/22/05 at 11:10 am

also i am not the person who posts here by the name of "Kim West" please do not confuse me with that person

Written By: jreuben on 03/22/05 at 11:16 am

Dear Chucky,

I really am sick of bathroom parodies. Lately, some hobbit by the name of "Poppie Longstocking" has been spamming the site with parodies about anal excrament. There were about three or four new ones this morning. Anyway, I feel that poop is a completely gross, disgusting, sickening subject of parody writing, and I want for them to end.

When I first came to this site two or three years ago, there was hardly anything about gross stuff, and there were mostly "clean" parodies. Lately, people (especially the entity mentioned in the last paragraph) seem to be obsessed with it, and I think it's gone too far lately. I just don't want the site to go downhill, like most cable networks have in recent years.

In conclusion, I would like to request a ban on poop paroides; I do find them rather annoying.

Solution:  Don't read them

Written By: Arwen on 03/22/05 at 11:20 am

Unless they are by me.

Written By: K1chyd on 03/22/05 at 11:46 am

I'm having mixed emotions about this. On the one hand Mr Critic makes a good point, 3-4 new parodies about pooping per day from a writer who've even put the word poop in his/hers nickname is in a way he/she defecating on the front page of the site. On the other hand it's not forbidden and should not be to write really gross and bad parodies that noone wants to read, and the simple solution is to just ignore them.

But it doesn´t look good.

Does anyone know who this writer is and if so, please try to reason with him/her.

Written By: EthanM on 03/22/05 at 1:07 pm

i think poopie longstocking first showed up as a commenter on offender's parodies... they might be one and the same. In which case reasoning would probably be useless

Written By: Mr critic on 03/22/05 at 2:48 pm

Nice suggestion, but I don't think that's a solution. Just ignoring poop parodies will not make them go away. It's not quite that easy. I'm sure it applies, say, if a kid at school is harassing you, then by all means it would help to ignore him. (I used to experience that, and I ignored kids who bothered me. After I ignored them, they quit.) But this is different.

One thing I'd like to add, to support my argument from earlier: What a person does in the bathroom is his/her business; it shouldn't be shared publicly.

Written By: jreuben on 03/22/05 at 2:55 pm

Nice suggestion, but I don't think that's a solution. Just ignoring poop parodies will not make them go away. It's not quite that easy. I'm sure it applies, say, if a kid at school is harassing you, then by all means it would help to ignore him. (I used to experience that, and I ignored kids who bothered me. After I ignored them, they quit.) But this is different.

One thing I'd like to add, to support my argument from earlier: What a person does in the bathroom is his/her business; it shouldn't be shared publicly.

No, really, it works.  I tried it.  If I don't read them, they don't bother me. 

Written By: kim on 03/22/05 at 3:07 pm

the same is true for me.  if i don't read them they don't bother me.

Mr critic, maybe if you never read a bathroom parody again, the same will be true for you, too.

Written By: K1chyd on 03/22/05 at 3:09 pm

LOL! ;D

Written By: larry on 03/22/05 at 8:52 pm

Oh, we all write bathroom humor from time to time, but yeah really just don't read it if you don't want to.  Maybe I'll write a parody about my new picture, and how eating a potato like that would give you diarrhea.  But you don't have to read it if you don't want to. 

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/22/05 at 9:59 pm

LOL!  I totally agree.

I used to just ignore them, because the idea was gross, and thus they never bothered me.  Recently I started reading them (not today's yet though) and the pacing etc. is so good, I read some more, and what! I'm actually starting to find them funny - in a so-over-the-top "Little Britain" kind of way - so they STILL don't bother me.

Poopie is obviously a long-time amiright author, and we all probably have our suspicions.  And maybe the Hoof-Hearteds and the Icky-Tackys that follow Poopie around religiously and immediately, are also the same author amusing himself even further, but I don't understand what Mr Critic's so worried by, or ashamed of, or frightened by, to not use his/her real name - I think he/she has a valid point, and one that's definitely worth plopping into the forum - esp. regarding the way it makes the front page look - I sympathise with his argument there

Written By: A. Guest on 03/23/05 at 12:14 am

LOL!  I totally agree.

I used to just ignore them, because the idea was gross, and thus they never bothered me.  Recently I started reading them (not today's yet though) and the pacing etc. is so good, I read some more, and what! I'm actually starting to find them funny - in a so-over-the-top "Little Britain" kind of way - so they STILL don't bother me.

Poopie is obviously a long-time amiright author, and we all probably have our suspicions.  And maybe the Hoof-Hearteds and the Icky-Tackys that follow Poopie around religiously and immediately, are also the same author amusing himself even further, but I don't understand what Mr Critic's so worried by, or ashamed of, or frightened by, to not use his/her real name - I think he/she has a valid point, and one that's definitely worth plopping into the forum - esp. regarding the way it makes the front page look - I sympathise with his argument there

Well, it's obvious that Mr critic is male (the "Mr" should give it away, plus it should be rather intuitive). And I do agree with him that just ignoring bad parodies isnt going to make them go away. They need to be reported to the proper authorities (In this case, Chucky G).

He's right, though, they have gone way out of hand lately. He didn't say anything about WhatFreaks though. I personally think that those parodies should be moved over there, since they deal with a dirty topic. (I'll bet Mister Critic will agree with me when he sees this.) This "Poopy longstacking" person would have a great time over there.

By the way, I happen to know that "hoof hearted" is a play on words, and was the name of a horse in a horse race one time (it got everyone laughing when the announcer yelled the name out). Whoops--I think I'm starting to go off topic here.

Written By: STG on 03/23/05 at 5:57 am

I go both ways on this subject. Part of me says that literally bathroom humor is funny, at times. But I also find that overdoing the doo-doo is really disgusting and a person fascinated with that has serious issues. I myself have submitted parodies dealing with the bathroom.

Example: "I'm So Blocked"
            "Exlax (Constipation's Anthem)"
            "Welcome to the Bathroom"

But to submit that many in one day is very disturbing, but as the above solution was to report it to Chucky. He probably will give you your solution.

from S.T.G.

Written By: Mr critic on 03/23/05 at 10:08 am

Well I've already reported it, as mentioned here, but it appears that Chucky hasn't looked at this thread yet. I'd like to hear what he has to say.

Written By: kim on 03/23/05 at 10:27 am

several more bathroom parodies written by several different people posted today on amiright

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/23/05 at 10:52 am

Well I've already reported it, as mentioned here, but it appears that Chucky hasn't looked at this thread yet. I'd like to hear what he has to say.

it doesn't violate the site guidelines, and I don't intend on changing the guidelines any time soon.  I'll agree that it's childish stuff that some people won't care for, but that goes for a lot of political parodies as well.

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/23/05 at 12:12 pm

The fact that a thread on this subject exists will only encourage its author further. Deal.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 03/23/05 at 12:17 pm

The fact that a thread on this subject exists will only encourage its author further. Deal.

Well call me cynical, but I suspect our anonymous 'Mr. Critic' is the author just trying to bring attention to his work.  Otherwise, why not just PM Chucky?  Why start a thread?

Written By: bobbypags on 03/23/05 at 1:18 pm

I take exception to political parodies being called childish - actually, political parodies would demonstrate more of a maturity than an immaturity of a writer (not to mention speaking out against the government being a cornerstone of democracy and a right guaranteed under the US Constitution.)  Additionally, when we ban any form of writing, we not only engage in censorship but stifle creativity.  If you don't like what's written, don't read it, voice your opinion in the comment section, vote low if you wish, but don't censor.  We should be encouraging creativity and free speech, not discouraging it.
bob

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/23/05 at 4:57 pm

I wondered if Poopie's parodies would stop once he reached ten, and his body of work was accessible thru the authors index.  Because if I had put that much effort, craftsmanship and finesse into something, that's what I would've done.

Voila!  Today he's on the list, and coincidentally not one parody.

So I think it's a dead issue, but gee, people not only take offense, but they take offense and demand that everyone else does.

When Picasso's "Guernica" offended half a country, the Chucky of those days fended off the objectors and defended the right to emotional self-expression.

Likewise, the Chucky of Amiright is defending the right to "motional" self-expression.

(and to cut off point-makers at the pass, no I'm not comparing the artistic merits of "Guernica" with "Defecated foetid smellin poopie log of feces"  ::) )

Written By: Kim West on 03/23/05 at 7:44 pm

Just whatever happened to ignoring something you don't like then?

I know that I do not have enough time in the day to read the many songs that are posted just about every day here. Many songs are about subjects I do not care for or the song is a complete mystery, but I do not go around saying they should be deleted. Why you ask? Because there are those who may like whatever subject matter I do not. It's that simple.

I for one have not read any of the songs about bodily functions. I'm not entirely sure there are people out there that like that sort of thing, but if the songs do not break any rules, then there is nothing that can be done to stop them from being posted.

Kim.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/30/05 at 1:52 pm

Just whatever happened to ignoring something you don't like then?

I know that I do not have enough time in the day to read the many songs that are posted just about every day here. Many songs are about subjects I do not care for or the song is a complete mystery, but I do not go around saying they should be deleted. Why you ask? Because there are those who may like whatever subject matter I do not. It's that simple.

I for one have not read any of the songs about bodily functions. I'm not entirely sure there are people out there that like that sort of thing, but if the songs do not break any rules, then there is nothing that can be done to stop them from being posted.

Kim.

True that. :) ;D

Written By: philbo on 03/30/05 at 3:40 pm

Have to admit that I ignored 'em all, until seeing one to "Mad dogs and Englishmen", which is a great song to parody; this had the feel of being somewhat rushed, so there were a lot of good bits with too much of the original left in.  ISTM that this Poopie person is an accomplished parody writer who's tried squeezing out a few, er, sheesh parodies on the side.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 03/31/05 at 3:51 pm

I tried to work around the problem by writing a parody about it: "Your Songs (Poopie Longstocking)". The reaction i got was very mixed. Some people liked it, others didn't. But it didn't change anything. In fact, all it did was make me feel better.
A strange and coincidental fact for you: the day that parody was submitted was the last day that Poopie submitted a parody. Strange, huh? But Poopie's still out there - Poopie commented on someone's parody on Wednesday I think.
To conclude, ignoring the songs won't make them go away, but if we do just ignore them, they can't bother us. However, i must say that I would like to see them stopped too...

Written By: Kim West on 03/31/05 at 9:35 pm

I tried to work around the problem by writing a parody about it: "Your Songs (Poopie Longstocking)". The reaction i got was very mixed. Some people liked it, others didn't. But it didn't change anything. In fact, all it did was make me feel better.
A strange and coincidental fact for you: the day that parody was submitted was the last day that Poopie submitted a parody. Strange, huh? But Poopie's still out there - Poopie commented on someone's parody on Wednesday I think.
To conclude, ignoring the songs won't make them go away, but if we do just ignore them, they can't bother us. However, i must say that I would like to see them stopped too...

Resorting to writing a song about this persons collective works only serves as a permanent testament that he or she got to you that much. You have just proven if you push the right buttons long enough you will get a rise. This person not only got a rise out you but free advertising in the process.

Kim.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/01/05 at 5:23 am

Resorting to writing a song about this persons collective works only serves as a permanent testament that he or she got to you that much. You have just proven if you push the right buttons long enough you will get a rise. This person not only got a rise out you but free advertising in the process.

Kim.

You've made a valid point, but that was my first and last 'attack' parody (i don't know what else to call it, but it can't really be classed as an attack parody, otherwise it wouldn't have been allowed through)  :-\\

Written By: Kim West on 04/01/05 at 10:01 am

You've made a valid point, but that was my first and last 'attack' parody (i don't know what else to call it, but it can't really be classed as an attack parody, otherwise it wouldn't have been allowed through)  :-\\

I suppose if you had to put a label on it I would go with "Parody Commentary."

From what you described you only focused your attention on the collective works of the person, not the person. As long as the points in your song are valid ones, then there shouldn't be any problem in keeping the song posted. At least that is how I interpret the situation. BTW, I was more than a bit annoyed myself because I sort of wanted to do a parody song of "Pippi Longstocking" This was before this "writer of defecation" parodied the name and made such a big stink. Alas, you don't always get what you want.

Hang in there, and do the songs make you most happy.  :)

Kim.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/21/05 at 9:59 pm

I will offer my take on this. Bathroom humor personally doesn't bother me at all. I can see where some would not want to read the parody ( or even see the parody name ).

If IKTOS and comments are enabled I generally will leave a vote and a comment. I am not the only Amirighter who does this.

Many people avoid certain topics such as bathroom humor. I have done maybe 6 or so ( not all in the same day ).

Also, PL has not posted a parody in a while and the last 2 or 3 did not have comments enabled.

There are so many pseudonynms used under " gross " parodies that have comments enabled it's not even funny. Since they are not actual parodists names it is impossible for the average person to know if say name "X" is always the same person.

Voting them 111 will not make them stop. Nor will not reading them. If I want to post something gross but not $exual I will do so as will others. March 2005 seemed to have MANY gross parodies other than PL's. They come and go in phases. I heard last year it was " Uranus " frenzy.

I personally find MANY subjects more distasteful than #2 parodies.

In conclusion I understand your disgust in this matter. We do not write them to target YOU per se, just sometimes waves of similar topics will dominate a week or a month ( the past few weeks have seen many Pope parodies for example ).

Written By: Harmony on 04/21/05 at 10:26 pm

I don't mind #2 parodies as long as there funny and there not about sex.

Subject: Re: Please no more bathroom parodies...

Written By: Mr critic on 06/23/05 at 10:35 am

Okay I suppose they're not all bad...but when people use uncensored cuss words in their parodies, that should be banned. Not too long ago, someone parodied Devo's "Whip It" and they used the s**t word 22 times, spelled out.

Written By: Apricot on 06/23/05 at 3:54 pm

Okay I suppose they're not all bad...but when people use uncensored cuss words in their parodies, that should be banned. Not too long ago, someone parodied Devo's "Whip It" and they used the s**t word 22 times, spelled out.

Is it any different? When you say "sh*t", "s**t", or "s***" {even though I used to on my parodies}, we know what you're trying to say.

Written By: Mr critic on 06/23/05 at 5:01 pm

Is it any different? When you say "sh*t", "s**t", or "s***" {even though I used to on my parodies}, we know what you're trying to say.

Just for the heck of it, I tried typing that word (sure happy it's thursday) uncensored, hit preview, and the autocensor replaced it with Sheesh. But what I'm trying to tell Chucky now is that uncensored swearing should not belong in AmiRight parodies; What Freaks is definitely the place for that. ::)

Written By: Apricot on 06/23/05 at 10:16 pm

It would take a lot of work to clean up the whole site, though.. keep in mind, they have a crapload of parodies already.. to go edit a filter onto all of them.. it'd take a long time.. and to set up the filter.. it just seems like too much work just to replace a letter or two that we already know with a "*".

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/24/05 at 7:49 am

Funny how you can't say SH** here now,  but Apricot just wrote "crapload". ???

Written By: bobbypags on 06/24/05 at 10:35 am

It's disturbing that a site driven by humor writing is subject to any form of censorship.  Again, if you don't like it, don't read it, trash it in the comment section, vote low - but don't start a mission to ban what you don't like or force writers to think inside of the box.  Creativity should be encouraged, not discouraged.
I may not like the bathroom parodies, but I'll defend an author's right to write them.  I find it disgusting that there is even a thread devoted to censorship.
bob

Subject: Hang On Poopy, Poopy Hang On!

Written By: Guiness on 06/24/05 at 1:35 pm

Defectation is a natural and nesessary thing.  It should be celebrated and given a place of honor in the anals of humor.  I have seen parodies about vomit, so why not talk about the toilet?  I have seen parodies about sex, so what's wrong with talking about the toilet?  I have seen parodies about all kinds of bad things like motelstations, and injuries and murder and violent fighting and stalking, but for some reason, you do not complain about any of this, only about somebody going to the bathroom, which everybody does every day (I hope).  If you don't like to read them, why do you read them?  Or are you just trying to get publicity for your bathroom parodies?

Subject: Re : Hang On Stupid, Stupid Hang On!

Written By: Mr critic on 06/24/05 at 2:45 pm

Defectation is a natural and nesessary thing.  It should be celebrated and given a place of honor in the anals of humor.  I have seen parodies about vomit, so why not talk about the toilet?  I have seen parodies about sex, so what's wrong with talking about the toilet?  I have seen parodies about all kinds of bad things like motelstations, and injuries and murder and violent fighting and stalking, but for some reason, you do not complain about any of this, only about somebody going to the bathroom, which everybody does every day (I hope).  If you don't like to read them, why do you read them?  Or are you just trying to get publicity for your bathroom parodies?

I KNOW THAT! But it shouldn't be shared publicly. What ppl do in the loo is their own private business. DO I make myself clear?

Notice that in reply #31 I said "Okay I suppose they're not all bad. . . . ." It's just that when I started this topic three months ago, there were lots of bathoom related parodies being sent to the site that it got outta hand. But I never read through them; the title jumps out at me and I have to complain. But when I made my reply yesterday, I was convinced that they weren't all completely bad; a little now and then isn't so bad, but a whole slew of them goes a little too far imho.

With regards to paroides about sex, Chuckie isn't allowing them anymore.

Also, I do not have any parodies of my own. Think about that before you go spouting off.

Say, who are you anyways? ::)

Written By: bobbypags on 06/24/05 at 3:36 pm

It's a shame that any censoring is going on.  Mr. Critic, with all due respect, you said "I never read through them; the title jumps out at me and I have to complain."  Wow, censoring without even reading them.  And, you don't have any parodies of your own, yet you have the audacity to want them censored or banned?  You sir are truly unbelievable.  Seriously, why even come to this site? 

Written By: philbo on 06/24/05 at 5:12 pm

What ppl do in the loo is their own private business.

...was that intentionally funny, or a Freudian shi.. er slip?

Written By: Apricot on 06/24/05 at 7:35 pm

Funny how you can't say SH** here now,  but Apricot just wrote "crapload". ???

Well, people consider "crap" a mild swear. On the lines of "heck" "darn" "freaking", etc. Personally, I think it's all the same, we know what your intent is, self-censored or not.. I just had respect for the language policy {and knew I couldn't cheat the filter without getting into trouble} is all.

Written By: PRobinson on 06/28/05 at 11:45 am

Jeff - LOL!  and SO TRUE  :o

pr

Written By: PRobinson on 06/28/05 at 11:48 am

But why not, Stu?  ???

pr

Written By: PRobinson on 06/28/05 at 12:16 pm

OK, one final remark (I see a lot of people going "Yeah...Right" right about now)...this all seems to be much ado about poo...  ::)

Seriously, the minute every piece of work has to pass the scrutiny of anyone who might find it objectionable is the minute this site comes to a grinding halt...and takes all the hard-working, creative and funny writers along with it...because you cannot do your best writing when you have to censor your own thoughts in advance to fit someone else's mindset as to what is or isn't "acceptable".  I've TRIED it and it just blocks the creative flow...so I'll put the "unthinkable" in...and then try and clean it up after I've finished the piece...usually I can...if I can't then I have to decide if the overall work is worthy of posting or not.   Of course AFTER you have written something it's generally a good idea to actually READ it back to yourself and see if it's something you really want to put your name next to where other folks can read it.  But you know what?  I really don't want a "Mr. Critic" to decide whether my work should see the light of day or not...now if ChuckyG posts rules that indicate that something is not allowable then I have to deal with that and accept it...he's managing the site and so he's entitled to set guidelines...Anyway, back to the originator of this thread, Mr. Critic - what are your favorite topics ?  What if someone decided that NOBODY should be able to write or read such things (No, "Poo" is not my favorite topic...but I have written a number dealing with it...)?  Yes, there have been a fair number of rather un-funny, juvenile "poop" postings...just like any other topic.  Hey, some of the posting authors on the site actually ARE juveniles...and the rest of us just act that way some or all of the time.  But excretory functions are not in and of themselves obscene...they can be if you do something "weird" with the resulting "mess"...but we won't go there now...

Sorry to go on so long, but I found some of the comments favoring censorship totally mind-boggling...one of the things that parodies are ABOUT is stretching and using our Freedom of Speech...whether we do it wisely and well or as poor as poop...

Thanks for the soapbox space...

pr  :)

Subject: Silence Mr critic!

Written By: Guiness on 06/28/05 at 1:53 pm

I KNOW THAT! But it shouldn't be shared publicly. What ppl do in the loo is their own private business. DO I make myself clear?

But relationships are private, and religion is private, and people can write parodies about that.  People choose to make their personal things private because it is their chosen form of expression, and because they are trying to reach out and connect to their fellow human beings by sharing intimate parts of their human experience.  Don't you share personal things with people to make a human connection?  Do you have any friends?  Don't you talk about personal things with them?  Or do you only sit around and talk about the weather?  Do you have any experience sharing a part of yourself with another human being?  Or are you just a cold, detached isolated parody critic?

With regards to paroides about sex, Chuckie isn't allowing them anymore.

Yes, they have been pooh-poohed, but that is Chuckie's choice.  He did not choose to ban poop.  If you are insisting that poop is wrong, you are disrespecting his authority as the owner of the site, and that is not appropriate.

Also, I do not have any parodies of my own. Think about that before you go spouting off.

But I know for a fact that you do.  I know that you are Poopie Longpoopie or whatever your name is, and you are just posting these messages for publicity.  No normal person in their write mind would keep going on in this silly manner about parodies they claim they don't want to read anyway.  Oviously, you want to attract attention to your parodies.  You are quite transparent.  You with your guest posting.  Silly person.  And yes, I am a guest too, but you do not see me trying to censor parodies and make trouble, do you?  DO YOU?

In case you can't tell (????), my name is Guiness, but you can call me Guy.

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 06/28/05 at 11:40 pm

Well, Mr. Critic, Poopie, whatever.. I have to agree with the general consensus on this one. I don't beleiving in censoring my art. Bodily functions are normal and yes, sometimes amusing part of life. I must admit quite a few of my parodies are poo-related (I cant beleive I said that) but there's a childish charm to this kind of humour. For some people, if it's not their cup of tea, then just don't read them. If we censor toilet humor, what's next? Drinking? Drugs? Religion? Poking fun at celebrities or politicians? Christ, there'd be barely nothing left to satire! Power to the poo! Hoooowdy-Ho!

Subject: Re: Please no more poo parodies...whatever

Written By: mr critic on 06/30/05 at 11:34 am

But I know for a fact that you do.  I know that you are Poopie Longpoopie or whatever your name is, and you are just posting these messages for publicity.  No normal person in their write mind would keep going on in this silly manner about parodies they claim they don't want to read anyway.  Obviously, you want to attract attention to your parodies.  You are quite transparent.  You with your guest posting.  Silly person.  And yes, I am a guest too, but you do not see me trying to censor parodies and make trouble, do you?  DO YOU?

As Tommie LaSorda said on September 21, 1993 in a radio interview with Doug Krekorian: You have NO authority to make that statement!

I am not Pootie Longstalking...that person LIKES poop parodies; I don't. So how the (blank) do you know who I really am?

I just feel that people have been going way overboard with them, and it's time for them to stop. IMHO, that crap stopped being funny in preschool.

Subject: Let's Get Critical

Written By: knock it off on 06/30/05 at 11:55 am

As Tommie LaSorda said on September 21, 1993 in a radio interview with Doug Krekorian: You have NO authority to make that statement!

I am not Pootie Longstalking...that person LIKES poop parodies; I don't. So how the (blank) do you know who I really am?

I just feel that people have been going way overboard with them, and it's time for them to stop. IMHO, that crap stopped being funny in preschool.

Yes, we get it.  But alas, they will continue.  So you can complain and encourage them or just not read them.  It's really quite simple.

Subject: Leave me alone.

Written By: no way on 06/30/05 at 12:15 pm

Yes, we get it.  But alas, they will continue.  So you can complain and encourage them or just not read them.  It's really quite simple.

Whatever. But just ignoring them will not make 'em go away or stop future ones from showing up. Just like decade errors in parody URL's.

I don't read most of the paroides; sometimes I'll skim through them but I won't read through them. Often times I DKTOS.

Subject: Re: Leave me alone.

Written By: Leia on 06/30/05 at 12:20 pm

Whatever. But just ignoring them will not make 'em go away or stop future ones from showing up.

Well, they WILL NOT go away just because some people don't like them.  You can't allways get what you want.  So you can pay attention to them and get your knickers in a twist, or you can ignore them and be happy.  Your choice.

I must say that, being silly about it will encourage people who wouldn't otherwise even THINK of writing one to write one just to annoy you... 

not that MOI would EVER do such a thing....  :-*

Written By: bobbypags on 06/30/05 at 3:20 pm

I encourage everyone to write about whatever they want to write about.  I also encourage anyone to comment on whatever they want to comment about.  Censorship is never the answer.
bob

Subject: You just don't get it, do you?

Written By: A. Guest on 07/01/05 at 5:38 pm

What Senor Critic was trying to say is that if there's profanity in a parody, the profantiy is what should be censored. (Otherwise, it should go to WhatFreaks.) I mean, it's auto-censored on this site, so it should be likewise on amiwrite. (Any time someone types a swear word, it would be replaced by astericks or an appropriate euphemism.)

Wait...do we need a separate thread to discuss this?

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/01/05 at 7:20 pm

What Senor Critic was trying to say is that if there's profanity in a parody, the profantiy is what should be censored. (Otherwise, it should go to WhatFreaks.) I mean, it's auto-censored on this site, so it should be likewise on amiwrite. (Any time someone types a swear word, it would be replaced by astericks or an appropriate euphemism.)

Wait...do we need a separate thread to discuss this?

Who's 'Senor Critic'?  Is that 'mr critic'?  Or some other guest?  If this 'Senor Critic' is the very same poop-offended reader, may I ask why you are referring to him as 'Senor'?  Is that just to be cute? 

And who is 'A. Guest'?  Are you distinct from 'The Guest' or simply 'Guest'?  Or are all of you 'guests' really just one person trying to bug the living sh*t crap poop out of us?

Why can't you people just register already?  >:(

Subject: cut it out already!!

Written By: A. Guest on 07/01/05 at 11:22 pm

Who's 'Senor Critic'?  Is that 'mr critic'?  Or some other guest?  If this 'Senor Critic' is the very same poop-offended reader, may I ask why you are referring to him as 'Senor'?  Is that just to be cute? 

One question at a time, please. I guess you could say I was trying to be cute; I s'pose I could have referred to him as "Monsieur" critic or something like that. ::)

And who is 'A. Guest'?  Are you distinct from 'The Guest' or simply 'Guest'?  Or are all of you 'guests' really just one person trying to bug the living sh*t crap poop out of us?

It's me, dang it. I guess you've never watched the 1950's game show "The Name's The Same", which can be seen on GSN at midnight (unless they're showing "Beat The Clock" or "To Tell The Truth" or one of those other b&w game shows). Anyway, on that show, contestants would come in one at a time, and their names would be the same as famous people, cartoon characters, or objects. The "object"-named people would have names such as "A. Maid" or "A. Mattress" or "A. Dork" or something of that nature. My pseudonym is a spoof of that.

Why can't you people just register already?  >:(

We can't register if we want to be guests, right? Who ever heard of someone registering as a "guest"? ::)

Subject: Re: cut it out already!!

Written By: 2nz on 07/02/05 at 1:00 am

We can't register if we want to be guests, right? Who ever heard of someone registering as a "guest"? ::)

He's being cute. I find that offensive and would like it to stop.

And you're all being somewhat logical in your arguments sometimes. As someone who's somewhat logical sometimes, I find your portrayal of being somewhat logical sometimes to be very offensive and would like those portrayals to stop.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/02/05 at 12:17 pm

With all due respect to everyone's lame attempts at frivolity, it is incumbent upon me to remind you all that the actual purpose of this thread is to provide a forum for thoughtful, reasoned debate on the legitimacy or illegitimacy of poopie parodies.  Any attempts at distracting us from this sober purpose is unconscionable and will not be tolerated.

Subject: Re: You just don't get it, do you?

Written By: Apricot on 07/02/05 at 10:24 pm

I like asterisks better.. see, if you had a line where "sh*t was the word that rhymed, replacing it with "crap" would affect the quality. However, "s***" could work... but I really don't care. You know full well what "s***" really is.. there's nothing less offensive about three stars then "hit".

Either way, I don't think AmIRight should be filtered.. but then, it's not my site. So, it's up to Chucky. And since he didn't filter AmIRight by now, so it will stay, I suppose.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/03/05 at 7:01 am

Idiot.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/03/05 at 8:03 am

YOU'RE asking HIM who HE is? - now that's a twist

not that it's not obvious who YOU are ;)
well, to me at least it's obvious

But why not, Stu?   ???

pr

because Guernica was painted to represent a passionately-felt stance
Poo parodies are penned to get a rise out of people
one's heartfelt - the other is just high-school-style stirring

- not that I mind the latter, but I can call it what it is

Written By: Apricot on 07/03/05 at 7:36 pm

Idiot.

Um... huh? Who? The lack-of-smiley makes me unsure on the intent as well.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/04/05 at 10:55 am

Um... huh? Who? The lack-of-smiley makes me unsure on the intent as well.

Some (surprisingly) anonymous 'guest' posted a photo of a toilet bowl filled with... you guessed it.  It has since been deleted.

Written By: Apricot on 07/05/05 at 11:38 am

Some (surprisingly) anonymous 'guest' posted a photo of a toilet bowl filled with... you guessed it.  It has since been deleted.

Ohhhhhhh, okay.. I thought, since it was right below my post, that you were referring to me.  ;D

Written By: olaf on 07/05/05 at 1:25 pm

Ohhhhhhh, okay.. I thought, since it was right below my post, that you were referring to me.  ;D

boy, you are really egothentrist!

Written By: Arwen on 07/05/05 at 2:25 pm

Olaf...sweet Olaf...since when do you have a lisp?

Written By: olaf on 07/05/05 at 3:35 pm

Olaf...sweet Olaf...since when do you have a lisp?

I only have a lisp of my favorite parodyists, Super Arwen, and you are on the top!

Written By: Arwen on 07/05/05 at 4:03 pm

I only have a lisp of my favorite parodyists, Super Arwen, and you are on the top!

If I have ever been more flattered...I do not know when it was.  :)

Written By: Apricot on 07/05/05 at 4:30 pm

Because I thought he was addressing me? His post was right below mine.. I never saw the other post.. what would YOU have thought? "Oh, he just randomly wanted to say 'Idiot'. Okay.".

http://70.84.190.115/3271/30/emo/WTF_Cat.jpg

Written By: olaf on 07/06/05 at 8:52 am

Nobody like a spoilt apricot.  :(

Written By: Apricot on 07/06/05 at 10:06 am

Nobody like a spoilt apricot.  :(

Alright.. knowing my tendency to get into fights with AmIRighters, I'm going to ignore you.

Written By: olaf on 07/06/05 at 11:21 am

Alright.. knowing my tendency to get into fights with AmIRighters, I'm going to ignore you.

I do not want neither to make fightings, so this is happy.  No harming is meant, just smiling jokeings my fruit frend.  Have a cheerfull day!

Written By: Apricot on 07/06/05 at 11:23 am

I do not want neither to make fightings, so this is happy.  No harming is meant, just smiling jokeings my fruit frend.  Have a cheerfull day!

??? Oh, uh, alrighty then! You have a good day too!  :D

Written By: Arwen on 07/06/05 at 1:04 pm

Oh sure...just when I hauled my ass over here to intervene...they made nice all on their own.

Dammit.

Written By: olaf on 07/06/05 at 1:11 pm

Get away from heres, evil elfing one, we do not want yore troublemakings here.  We are smiling friends here.

Written By: Apricot on 07/06/05 at 1:30 pm

Get away from heres, evil elfing one, we do not want yore troublemakings here.  We are smiling friends here.

YAY! Smiling friends! WHEEEE!!!  :D

Written By: Arwen on 07/06/05 at 3:11 pm

>:(

WhatEVER...Like I've ever made any trouble in my life...I am a peace loving elf!

Written By: olaf on 07/06/05 at 3:16 pm

I am glad you like peace.  They are healthy foods.  But vegetarian elfs especially should not make troubles.

Written By: Arwen on 07/06/05 at 4:04 pm

I am glad you like peace.  They are healthy foods.  But vegetarian elfs especially should not make troubles.

Groan...(I'm a little ashamed that I giggled at that)

Written By: Guest on 04/23/07 at 2:19 pm

Great, now we have a "poomaster" making a bombardment of toilet themed parodies? Come on, I'd say maybe one or two a week isn't so bad...but this many? Gimme a break. ::) Is this "Poomaster" related to The Cacca Man and/or Poopie Longstocking?

Written By: philbo on 04/23/07 at 4:43 pm

Who cares?  At least, if a parody is obviously by someone with a themed alias (I am assuming it's not their real name), then that means you can easily choose not to read that parody.

Written By: Jason on 04/23/07 at 5:50 pm

I agree with STG,

A small amount of 'bathroom humour' is acceptable in my eyes, but when the same author repeats the same stuff over and over again it does become far to much and shows a serious lack of intelligence or thought. While his parodies technically meet ChuckyG's rules, I still feel they shouldnt' be allowed on the site due to their sick content.

Jason.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/23/07 at 6:29 pm

Great, now we have a "poomaster" making a bombardment of toilet themed parodies? Come on, I'd say maybe one or two a week isn't so bad...but this many? Gimme a break. ::) Is this "Poomaster" related to The Cacca Man and/or Poopie Longstocking?

Could be the same person, but hard to say.

Written By: wildcard on 04/24/07 at 11:05 pm

I just don't look at what I think would bother me weither it's poo, politics or whatever.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/25/07 at 4:49 pm

I just don't look at what I think would bother me weither it's poo, politics or whatever.

Which is good to do.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 04/25/07 at 10:27 pm

Oh. My. GAHHHHHHHHHHD.  This conversations is STILL going on?!?!?!
;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D

Written By: karen on 04/26/07 at 3:35 am

A new parodist has started posting many poo-related parodies

Written By: Rex on 04/26/07 at 1:53 pm

You and I will live and die, but poo goes on forever. (Or is that ...butt poo...?)

Written By: skittlesking on 04/26/07 at 3:12 pm

You and I will live and die, but poo goes on forever. (Or is that ...butt poo...?)

I thought that was just the Christmas Poo that lives forever, unless everyone starts eating veges all the time, then the Poo gets overwhelmed and dies.

Written By: Marian on 05/01/07 at 5:16 pm

Do they scare you?

Check for new replies or respond here...