inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Amiright Mash-ups: Chris Bodily TM & STG (Tracklist, so far)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/23/05 at 4:56 pm

For probably the first time ever on Amiright, two legendary parody authors have teamed up to mash their hilarious parodies together. We are pleased to bring you

AMIRIGHT MASH-UPS: Chris Bodily TM & STG

I was afraid the Sunday Curse would affect the success of our first three parody mash-ups.  :( Oh well, here's the tracklist so far in case you haven't already found the parodies on the front page:

Big Bird/Blue (Steve & Magenta)
Parody of "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd and "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" by Eiffel 65

Candle in the Wind (Bugs Bunny)/Fried Chicken
Parody of "Candle in the Wind (1973)" by Elton John and "Big Pimpin'" by Jay-Z

Gatorade/Everybody (Backstreet Sucks)
Parody of "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead and "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" by the Backstreet Boys

Everytime I Walk the Plank/All the Cravings
Parody of "Everytime" by Britney Spears and "All the Small Things" by Blink-182

Flintstones Love Song/If I Were a Flintstone
Parody of "Because the Night" by Patti Smith and "If I Were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof

Hirschel/Hannukkah
Parody of "Hush" by Deep Purple and "Dragula" by Rob Zombie
(Not even sure if I spelled "Hannukkah" correctly... ???)

Night Court/If I Only Shot Hussein
Parody of "Night Moves" by Bob Seger and "If I Only Had a Brain" from The Wizard of Oz

I will update this thread frequently as new mash-ups are added to Amiright. :)

Subject: Re: Amiright Mash-ups anyone?

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 4:58 pm

I'll do it. E-mail me and the rest of SI-MAE at

Comick_Seraph@hotmail.com

Written By: STG on 03/24/05 at 5:55 am

I'm up for it.

I would think doing the "Bong Song" mash-up with whatever

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/24/05 at 10:17 am

This concept has been done a number of times here...unfortunately, the specific ones don't come to mind. Check out Paul Robinson's list, I think he's done a few.

Written By: Apricot on 03/24/05 at 12:05 pm

Oh, sorry, thought anyone was allowed on.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/24/05 at 3:04 pm

I'm up for it.

I would think doing the "Bong Song" mash-up with whatever

Welcome aboard, STG. No offense to Apricot, but I wanted a big-name Amiright star, and plus, I couldn't find an author page for Apricot anywhere.  :-\\

Now, STG, I'll send you a message with a list of my songs that I want included in the Mash-Up and you can send yours in a message to me. :)

Written By: Apricot on 03/24/05 at 3:26 pm

No offense to Apricot, but I wanted a big-name Amiright star, and plus, I couldn't find an author page for Apricot anywhere.  :-\\

It's okay. I just thought it was open to anyone.

And it wouldn't be Apricot. I'm part of a larger group with... I think it's 6 now... parodies called "SI-MAE". We're close to a page, but we've hit writer's block and two of our members are not in condition to write.

Subject: Re: Amiright Mash-ups: Chris Bodily TM & STG (Tracklist, so far)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/29/05 at 4:20 pm

Nobody's reading the parodies! The first five are up, but only two three  have been read (and rated and/or commented on) by anybody other than me.  :(

Too bad Chucky rejected the idea to link this to the front page in order to properly promote Amright Mash-ups. I don't want to give up now, and I hope STG will join me in the fight to get these Mash-ups read!

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/30/05 at 10:14 am

I read 'em. I am reserving my judgement for the time being. My initial reaction is that these would be killer performed live, but it's very, very hard to appreciate them just being read, especially if one of the tunes are "DKTOS" (as most of them are for me). I would love to hear them in a recording (consider Dr. Demento, especially, as an outlet!). Like Johnny D has commented on one of these, you guys definitely deserve big-time credit for the creativity.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/02/05 at 4:58 pm

I'll try harder to work around our shortcummings (who's singing what song? Is the music from one song playing over the other? What song are the parenthetical lyrics sung to?) when I submit the next few Mash-ups tomorrow for all to see on Monday.

Mash-up FAQ

I. Who's singing what song?
In almost all of the Mash-ups, whoever is singing is singing his parody. Though, there are portions where we sing the last line in a verse and then switch songs......  :-\\. And in "Hirschel/Hannukkah," I am singing the gentile parts while STG is singing as Hirschel.

II. Which song are the parenthetical lyrics sung to?
Easy, the other song. I thought that two verses sung at the same time would be cool to try. on "Everytime I Walk the Plank/All the Cravings," there are parts where STG is singing parenthetical lyrics to the tune of the "Everytime" melody while I sing the same exact melody at the same time. And others will probably be ad-libs which don't parody either song and are just thrown in to give it a live concert feel. Most of the ad-libs are spoken and are in quotes.

I'll clarify who's singing what in the remaining Mash-ups. Then when the Mash-ups are done, I'm going back to my solo parodies until I'm ready to maybe do it again with another Amiright star... (?) and fix all the mistakes I made with STG.

Check for new replies or respond here...