inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: my most ambitious parody project ever - Les Mis Baseball

Written By: EthanM on 04/02/05 at 5:26 pm

my victory in the sports parody contest has encouraged me to make a full-length baseball related parody of all 3 hours of les miserables. I've only seen it once, but i've involuntarily heard the songs enough to know it well enough. I'm not going to be submitting this to amiright because the whole thing will be too long and most of the songs probably won't stand out on their own, but maybe i'll change my mind about individual songs. I'll post my progress in this thread for anyone who's interested.

I just finished the prologue, which is about 800 words long. there are 51 songs in the show, so this could take quite a while.

Subject: Re: my most ambitious parody project ever - Les Mis Baseball

Written By: Rex on 04/02/05 at 5:42 pm

I just finished the prologue, which is about 800 words long. there are 51 songs in the show, so this could take quite a while.

What a project! Good luck, and we'll be hearing from you in, um, around 2009?

Written By: Ansky1213 on 04/02/05 at 5:59 pm

Here we go, Ethan, here we go! (Clap, clap)
Here we go, Ethan, here we go! (Clap, clap)

Written By: Scathe on 04/02/05 at 9:46 pm

:o Wow!  That's pretty ambitious, Ethan.  Let me know when it's done.

Written By: Armstrong on 04/03/05 at 3:59 pm

As a big fan of both Les Mis and baseball I'm eagerly awaiting these!

Written By: EthanM on 04/04/05 at 12:44 am

I finished the two songs that i hadn't heard of before that come after the prologue, and at the end of the day is next. It's long but it should be a lot more fun to write than those other ones.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/04/05 at 2:07 pm

I can hear already the chorus from the repressed umpires in a rallying cry of fraternitie. etc.:

"You're out! You're out! You got three strikes, you're out!"  ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/04/05 at 6:54 pm

my victory in the sports parody contest has encouraged me to make a full-length baseball related parody of all 3 hours of les miserables

Wow, it could, if it's done properly and carefully become one of the most successful parodies this site has seen. It'll automatically become the largest and most ambitious, but make sure you let us know how it's going!! Don't leave us in suspense, it'll kill us! (if that doesn't the wait for it to be submitted will!!!  ;D)

Written By: Josh2 on 04/05/05 at 5:17 am

you just crazy, but u have inspired me, n im thinking of taking on a smaller task of doing just plain general paroides of Joseph and his technicolour dream coat

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/05/05 at 10:39 am

you just crazy, but u have inspired me, n im thinking of taking on a smaller task of doing just plain general paroides of Joseph and his technicolour dream coat

Hey hey hey! Make sure it doesn't sidetrack our joint parody we're doing! I've been waiting to do a joint parody with someone for ages, but I feel as though I haven't got good enough cred to write one with successful authors. Think of me as the Top 15 artist trying to write a parody with the Number 2 artist - ain't gonna happen

Written By: EthanM on 04/06/05 at 12:17 am

I just finished at the end of the day... (at about 1AM) and i dreamed a dream is next. Everything so far works a lot better as part of the whole than as an individual parody and i expect it to be that way thoughout the whole thing.

Written By: EthanM on 04/07/05 at 12:19 am

And another one done... i think i can finish this before 2009. only about 15,000 words to go.

Written By: guest on 04/18/05 at 8:23 pm

maybe it won't be quite as long as hugo's 1500!

Written By: EthanM on 04/18/05 at 8:53 pm

it won't be anywhere near as long as the book, which is probably over 300,000 words long. A play of that length would probably have to run for 2 days without stopping for 1 performance. I'm taking a break from this at the moment but i'll get back to it.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/21/05 at 4:37 pm

it won't be anywhere near as long as the book, which is probably over 300,000 words long. A play of that length would probably have to run for 2 days without stopping for 1 performance. I'm taking a break from this at the moment but i'll get back to it.

This is gonna be like the parody equivalent of GTA: San Andreas (for sheer size)!!!!
Forget how long it's gonna take to write, think about how long it's gonna take us to read!!!!!!!  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...