inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Calling Red Ant on the Nirvana/AIC song contest....

Written By: Step-chan on 04/14/05 at 3:37 pm

I thought it would be better if I posted here. It will be easier this way and the comments on the parodies wouldn't get filled up that way. All I need to know is:

Which Nirvana songs have you parodied?(I have voted on a few, but haven't looked at all of them)
If I understood right, I'll be doing Alice In Chains and You are doing Nirvana(Just wanted to make sure). I do like the idea of also doing Pearl Jam/Stone Temple Pilots song, we should do that sometime after this one. Alot of the songs I have parodied have been offically released, but we'll avoid the ones from the Nirvana box set(which means I won't select Mrs. Butterworth for you to do, I did one of that one and it is very difficult).

Subject: Re: Calling Red Ant on the Nirvana/AIC song contest....

Written By: Step-chan on 04/14/05 at 3:59 pm

Oh, if you don't respond to this before I leave(I'm at the library), I'll be back on Saturday. Just letting you know. :)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/14/05 at 4:37 pm

I thought it would be better if I posted here. It will be easier this way and the comments on the parodies wouldn't get filled up that way. All I need to know is:

Which Nirvana songs have you parodied?(I have voted on a few, but haven't looked at all of them)
If I understood right, I'll be doing Alice In Chains and You are doing Nirvana(Just wanted to make sure). I do like the idea of also doing Pearl Jam/Stone Temple Pilots song, we should do that sometime after this one. Alot of the songs I have parodied have been offically released, but we'll avoid the ones from the Nirvana box set(which means I won't select Mrs. Butterworth for you to do, I did one of that one and it is very difficult).

Yes, you understand correctly. The only Nirvana songs I have parodied are R*pe Me and Dumb. There are several AIC songs that will be extremely difficult to parody EVEN with the CD because of how they are sung, so for example I will not give you " Confusion ". Now that we have agreed on the terms of agreement in that parody comments, here are my picks, in order of difficulty ( first being the easiest, last being the hardest ). " Man In The Box", "We Die Young", " Rooster ", and three that I haven't done yet would be " Heaven Beside You ",  " Rotten Apple ", and " Brother " ( most of these are available on the Unplugged CD ( 1996 Release ).  PS- Topic does not matter really ( can be funny, gross, bizarre, etc. ). Those last 3 picks are just for difficulty, only the 1st 3 should be considered. Now the ball is in your court. Please give 3 picks atleast and I have Unplugged, Nevermind, and In Utero, and wouldn't mind getting a best of type of CD or something else to make this contest.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/14/05 at 4:57 pm

PS- If you use downloaded lyrics, make sure you state that in the foreword somwhere, especially if you pick " Man In The Box " for example, as the best site I've found so far is lyrics007.com, but even they aren't always complete ( and AIC lyrics from their own CD covers aren't either ). I will throw in one more pick: " Would? " ( also off of Unplugged, and I have done that one as well ). Now you have 4 ( +3 ) picks to work with. Of course, this contest will ruin your streak of all- Nirvana parodies ( which is cool- the streak, not ruining it ), so if you wish to credit Nirvana for an AIC song, I will still rate it fairly, but will dog you to no end for doing such a thing. :)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/14/05 at 5:58 pm

Oops, I don't have " In Utero ", I have " Inc*sticide. ( Though I can probably get In Utero for less than 10 bucks and I know there are atleast 2 songs on there I want ).

Written By: Step-chan on 04/16/05 at 1:45 pm

You have Incesticide, that gives me some good options. I'm not too good at determining the difficulty of songs, so I'll give you a mix of choices.(these are not in any order of difficulty) "Lithium", "Big long now", "Oh me"(I don't know if this one is appropriate, since it's a cover),"Dive","Polly","On a plain" and "Lounge act". 7 to pick from.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/16/05 at 1:58 pm

I'm not worried about ruining my streak("Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" is a song I've parodied, and I forgot to also credit the Vasolines for it. They are the ones who wrote the original song so I'm going to leave a comment stating that). I'm going to pick the song "The Rooster". I'll have to either get the lyrics for it, or see if someone can post the song(I haven't heard it in awhile). I could get the album of it(I can get it cheap too). But I'll still need the lyrics. Now all you have to do is pick yours. Let me know if what I posted wasn't good choices. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/16/05 at 1:59 pm

Was I supposed to censor Inc*stide? I didn't, I hope I don't get in trouble for it. :o

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 2:34 pm

I'm not worried about ruining my streak("Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" is a song I've parodied, and I forgot to also credit the Vasolines for it. They are the ones who wrote the original song so I'm going to leave a comment stating that). I'm going to pick the song "The Rooster". I'll have to either get the lyrics for it, or see if someone can post the song(I haven't heard it in awhile). I could get the album of it(I can get it cheap too). But I'll still need the lyrics. Now all you have to do is pick yours. Let me know if what I posted wasn't good choices. :)

Okay. I have reviewed your picks as well. Fair enough, though was hoping for SLTS, All Apologies,Come as you are, or Heart Shaped Box in there. I am undecided on my pick yet.

For "Rooster", downloaded lyrics do NOT have the ' who-oo, who-who... ' parts in there ( at the begining of the song and throughout it ), also missing will be some " mmm's " and " Yeah's ". Now I will say that I find these essential to Rooster ( and MANY other AIC songs, Layne's voice WAS AIC IMO ), but if all you have is downloaded lyrics to work from then I will excuse it if they are not included. Also, you will have to listen to this a few times as it is sung quite slow, and mere syllables-per line *may* not work

PS- Incesticide doesn't need be censored.
PSS- PLEASE DON'T TURN ROOSTER INTO ANIME!!!!( though by the rules we set forth it is acceptable ). :)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/16/05 at 2:52 pm

If you want, you can choose SLTS, Heart shaped box, Come as you are or All apologies, I'll add them to the list.(In case you don't like the others, I'm flexible about it) As for not turning "The Rooster" into an anime theme, I don't even know what I'm going to do with it yet(I don't think I will, I could do a video game theme if it's cool with you, but I might try something else though). I'll be back on Monday/Tuesday at the latest. Whatever date you have in mind is cool by me. ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 3:20 pm

That was sort of a joke about the anime ( though I would like to see something else ). Video games would be cool ( I know A LOT of th older ones ). I will try to stick to the original 7 picks ( though one afew of them I honestly cannot understand what Kurt is saying ).

As for a date, I'm not to sure about it as I have some issues coming up this week which may preclude a certain date set. I'm thinking of basically a month to come up with the parodies.

Honestly, of all those picks, " We Die Young" I find the easiest, as it's short and has little of Layne's oohs, yeahs, mmm's and he doesn't carry/stretch  syllables. If you want " Rooster ", then it's yours.

PS- I * may * do MORE THAN ONE of these, but only one will be " The Contest ".

PSS- Do you mind the names Steve, Steven, or Stevie?

Written By: Step-chan on 04/17/05 at 1:58 pm

That was sort of a joke about the anime ( though I would like to see something else ). Video games would be cool ( I know A LOT of th older ones ). I will try to stick to the original 7 picks ( though one afew of them I honestly cannot understand what Kurt is saying ).

As for a date, I'm not to sure about it as I have some issues coming up this week which may preclude a certain date set. I'm thinking of basically a month to come up with the parodies.

Honestly, of all those picks, " We Die Young" I find the easiest, as it's short and has little of Layne's oohs, yeahs, mmm's and he doesn't carry/stretch  syllables. If you want " Rooster ", then it's yours.

PS- I * may * do MORE THAN ONE of these, but only one will be " The Contest ".

PSS- Do you mind the names Steve, Steven, or Stevie?

I dropped by real quick today. I am curious about "We Die Young", I'm trying to remember if I heard it before(I don't remember). I'm would like to here it and see if I would want to do a parody of it instead(or do both songs). I don't mind what you call me(I usually prefer Stephen though). :)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/17/05 at 2:52 pm

I dropped by real quick today. I am curious about "We Die Young", I'm trying to remember if I heard it before(I don't remember). I'm would like to here it and see if I would want to do a parody of it instead(or do both songs). I don't mind what you call me(I usually prefer Stephen though). :)

"We Die Young" is track one off of Facelift ( 1990 Release ). It is much shorter, has a faster beat, and has little of Layne's signature AIC wails. Also the " choruses " are only 8 words long and would not need to be changed much if at all. There is also deliberate misrhyming in this song, which would give you more lattitude in your parody options .

The reason I asked about the names is I have a parody in mind.
I will not elaborate further. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/19/05 at 11:55 am

Cool. I think I'll go with the "We Die Young" for the contest. I will still do a parody of the "Rooster" as well. I just submitted 3 parodies today, so on this site I'll finally be breaking the 20 song mark.(I actually have 24 parodies posted, some of them are on whatfreaks. I will have 27 after the next update.) 8)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/20/05 at 2:54 pm

Yeah, " We Die Young " can be done pretty well just from downloaded lyrics ( which are complete and accurate, unlike MANY other AIC and Soundgarden Songs- last 3 I parodied were horribly wrong compared to the original CD ). I'm thinking of perhaps " All Apologies " as my pick, but may do a few more or something else listed entirely. Anyway, date is still up in the air. We need to pick a weekday to post on such as Monday thru Thursday if possible to avoid getting flooded under other posts on the weekends ( not that it matters as we're probably going to be the ONLY ones looking at them ). I saw your parodies, but DKTOS. I also made 2 Soundgarden parodies yesterday, and got one vote ( atleast is was a good vote ). However, we both know that alternative is dead on amiright.com  as far as most people are concerned.

PS- We will need to leave comments and what not on each others parodies. This " contest " I don't think should be decided by others votes, as I must say you are probably at a disadvantage doing AIC.

Of course, we may wind up with a draw, which would be fine with me. After all it's just a friendly contest anyway. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/21/05 at 2:07 pm

Actually, I think I'm at a disadvantage in general as I've only done 27 parodies so far(I also write original songs as well as parodies). I've listened to the song "We Die Young" and have an idea for it, although I'm not sure if I'm going to use it, I'm wanting to see if I can come up with something different.(The idea isn't anime though, I'm going to do something else instead for this contest) :)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/21/05 at 7:36 pm

Actually, I think I'm at a disadvantage in general as I've only done 27 parodies so far(I also write original songs as well as parodies). I've listened to the song "We Die Young" and have an idea for it, although I'm not sure if I'm going to use it, I'm wanting to see if I can come up with something different.(The idea isn't anime though, I'm going to do something else instead for this contest) :)

The disadvantage is not really in the number of parodies you have done. I have seen one newer amirighter ( appeared in the last few weeks ) pick up like 23 555's on a parody.

BOTH of our disadvantages are picking alternative era music as TOS to parody.

Glad you head " We Die Young ". PS- If you are not comfortable with the picks I listed, you may choose ANY AIC song to parody. I'm flexible as well.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/26/05 at 12:17 pm

I have a rough version of the "We Die Young" parody wrote, I just need to go over it and see what I can change to make it better. Most of the lyrics I wrote I am satisfied with, a few of them are a little off though. I'll be going over it later today and finish it. :) ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 04/26/05 at 1:01 pm

Step-Chan, that is quick. I have several lines worked out for " All Apologies " but it is nowhere near complete. I'll get off my lazy tail and get it done in the next week or so. The topic will be a bit suprising to you I think.  ;)

PS- Once we are both satisfied with them then we can set a date. I think the parody subtitle ( in parenthesis after the parody name ) should be something like : ( Step-Chan vs Red Ant ) or maybe ( AIC vs Nirvana ). A short foreword in the parody perhaps expalining these parodies may gather a bit more attention to grunge as well. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/26/05 at 1:55 pm

Okay, cool. The theme I used was actually pretty easy to put to the song, I wrote it's rough form on two seperate days(Started on Thursday I think and finished on Sunday). Another reason for me writing it so quick is that I haven't wrote any other parodies since posting the last three. I'm about to do second parodies for "Drain You", "Beewaxs" and "Mrs. Butterworths", but I'm not in any hurry about getting them finished yet, so I started writing the "We Die Young" one.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/26/05 at 8:25 pm

Hey, no problem. I * should * have " All Apologies " done by tonight or so. I *may* mention some of your work in it. Is that cool? By the way, I went and got In Utero ( only 7.99+tax ) to make it and used downloaded lyrics as well. The downloaded lyrics seem to have an extra syllable/word in some of the lines such as " Im married, buried " whereas the CD I cannot hear Kurt say the " I'm " part, just " married, buried ". I will stick to the CD for the pacing though. PS- The last part on the lyrics sheet says the lyrics are " All in all we all are " but in the song it sounds like " All in all is all we are ", so I'm going with the 7 syllables vs 6. Also the lyrics sheet lists the last part 13 times, whereas I heard either 18 or 19 on the CD, so I'm going with that as well.

PSS- Some of this will not rhyme quite right as I'm planning something that probably has never been done before. Please respond soon because I don't want to make 18 ( 19 ) seperate lines for the fade out if I cannot use some of your work. ;)

Edit: Make that 20 lines for the fade-out. Also, I REALLY need to know if you don't mind me using some of your parodies ( names or lines in the parodies ) in MY parody.

Another Edit: " All Apologies " is finished. However if you mind me using some of your work then I wil have to start from scratch.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/28/05 at 11:00 am

Hey, no problem. I * should * have " All Apologies " done by tonight or so. I *may* mention some of your work in it. Is that cool? By the way, I went and got In Utero ( only 7.99+tax ) to make it and used downloaded lyrics as well. The downloaded lyrics seem to have an extra syllable/word in some of the lines such as " Im married, buried " whereas the CD I cannot hear Kurt say the " I'm " part, just " married, buried ". I will stick to the CD for the pacing though. PS- The last part on the lyrics sheet says the lyrics are " All in all we all are " but in the song it sounds like " All in all is all we are ", so I'm going with the 7 syllables vs 6. Also the lyrics sheet lists the last part 13 times, whereas I heard either 18 or 19 on the CD, so I'm going with that as well.

PSS- Some of this will not rhyme quite right as I'm planning something that probably has never been done before. Please respond soon because I don't want to make 18 ( 19 ) seperate lines for the fade out if I cannot use some of your work. ;)

Edit: Make that 20 lines for the fade-out. Also, I REALLY need to know if you don't mind me using some of your parodies ( names or lines in the parodies ) in MY parody.

Another Edit: " All Apologies " is finished. However if you mind me using some of your work then I wil have to start from scratch.

I don't mind at all, it's cool with me. I not critical of rhyming either(remember my Mrs. Butterworth parody). My parody is about a cartoon character(from an American cartoon) and the theme uses dark humor. Sorry about not responding sooner. Tuesdays and Thursday are the days I have off, so I go to the library on those days(I really want get internet services, but I can't afford them right now). I finished up my parody, so let me know what day you would prefer. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/28/05 at 11:21 am

But I have went on other days if I really wanted to get something done. I forgot to mention that I bought AIC Facelift, which let me get a better idea of how to pace the "We Die Young" parody. It is wrote based on the lyrics(I counted the syllables), but I had to add the "ooohhh" part that's at the beginning(it wasn't listed).

Written By: Red Ant on 04/28/05 at 4:03 pm

But I have went on other days if I really wanted to get something done. I forgot to mention that I bought AIC Facelift, which let me get a better idea of how to pace the "We Die Young" parody. It is wrote based on the lyrics(I counted the syllables), but I had to add the "ooohhh" part that's at the beginning(it wasn't listed).

Yeah, the "Ooooh" is the ONLY lyric not mentioned on that song. Try reading the lyrics to " I Can't Remember " and then listen to the song and notice how incomplete they are. Note: The song I listed that I think is very hard was " Confusion " ( track 10 on Facelift )  because of how slow it is sung. Mere syllables per line would almost never work on that one.

Back to " We Die Young ", Layne DOES "carry" but does not inflect his voice much so syllables should match up pretty good ( example-first line would ( you know this ) be "ScAAArriiies on the waaallllls" but still has 5 syllables ).

I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off right now so maybe we can post them on next Thursday ( just post after Wednesdays new parodies are up and I will too ).

I want to make sure we both have time to get what we feel is a good parody together. " All Apologies " has 20 lines at the end and ALL of them are different than " all we all is all we are " ( and most differ from each other as well ). Rhyming will be quite a bit off in the end but will still have 7 syllables per line.

Note: For a parody subtitle I can put " AIC vs Nirvana " and you could put " Nivana vs AIC " and a short forewrod perhaps as " The battle of the alternative artists on Amiright " ( since you have the most Nirvana parodies and I have the most AIC parodies there ). Of course since they list parodies by TOS song name in reverse alphabetical order yours will be at the top and mine at the bottom. I'm thinking too much. :) If you have a different idea let me know.

PS- My parody will be, umm, interesting. ;)

PSS- Now that I have some more Nivana music and you have some AIC music we can throw a couple a votes each others way on songs we now know. We both could use them.  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/29/05 at 1:35 pm

Next Tuesday is a good day. I did sing it to the original song and it matched up pretty good(the only thing is I'm not used to Layne's singing style, so I'll go over it again to make sure). I'll see if I can come up with anything else before then. If I can't think of anything else, it will be submitted the way it is(chances are it will only need minor tweaking at the most, I like how it turned out). :) 

Written By: Red Ant on 04/29/05 at 1:41 pm

Okay, Tuesday it is. I will get it on a notepad and try my best to spell-check it but inevitably it will have a mistake or two. PS- Don't try to sing it in Layne's style, you will need vocal chord surgery ( especially with " Man In The Box " ).  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 05/03/05 at 11:10 am

I just submitted mine today. As for Layne's singing, I meant timing it. I don't dare try to sing like him(My throat gets irritated from singing too many Nirvana songs where Kurt is screaming). I left a both a forward(which also mentions that you and me have done a lot of 90s stuff). And a afterword that also says to leave comments(I'm going to start doing that more often since I like getting comments about my parodies). ;D :) 8)

Written By: Red Ant on 05/03/05 at 5:44 pm

I didn't leave much of a foreward but some afterwords. Also titled it " XXX ( AIC vs Nirvana ) ". PS- We should keep this thread going here as we still have another contest to do-pick a non AIC/Nirvana song and do different versions of it. I'm thinking of perhaps a Soundgarden or Stone Temple Pilots song as I've tried a few Pearl Jam songs and they are damned near impossible to me.

PS- Under the " Rating Games " section I started a topic on the best Alternative / Grunge bands. Check it out.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/04/05 at 2:55 pm

Will do. I don't own any Pearl Jam(I do like some of their songs, but mainly on the "Ten" album). I own the Stone Temple Pilots album "Core"(on cassette) and a few Soundgarden songs on a CDR. Whatever we pick I'll need to get the lyrics online. :)

Written By: Red Ant on 05/04/05 at 3:21 pm

Will do. I don't own any Pearl Jam(I do like some of their songs, but mainly on the "Ten" album). I own the Stone Temple Pilots album "Core"(on cassette) and a few Soundgarden songs on a CDR. Whatever we pick I'll need to get the lyrics online. :)

Thats funny because though I like Pearl Jam I do not have anymore " Ten" or " VS ". I had STP's second CD but now only have Core, and have 3 Soundgarden CDs as well.

I would rather pick a STP song if we could because I have only one parody by them and have done probably 6 Soundgarden songs which by the rules would preclude me doing them again for this contest ( though there are several I would like to do still ). Even though I don't think you listen to Faith No More I have done 4 of their songs ( one twice ) so that would kinda rule them out as well.

I have tried to do a few Pearl Jam parodies but they are very hard to do ( overall they rhyme little and are story telling which makes a coherent parody of the latter close to impossible ).

A few picks perhaps for us to do:

" Sin", track 5 from STP's "Core".
Any of the first 7 tracks from " Down on the Upside " except Blow Up The Outside World .

Written By: Step-chan on 05/06/05 at 2:27 pm

I'm not sure which of those to choose yet, I'll drop by on Sunday(It's the only day I have off next week) and try to come in whenever I can throughout the week. We'll take a little time to decide. :)

Written By: Red Ant on 05/06/05 at 3:10 pm

" Sin", track 5 from STP's "Core".
Any of the first 7 tracks from " Down on the Upside " except Blow Up The Outside World .

I'm not sure which of those to choose yet, I'll drop by on Sunday(It's the only day I have off next week) and try to come in whenever I can throughout the week. We'll take a little time to decide. :)

Okay, no problem. I'm open to other picks from Core except $ex Type Thing as I have done that one.

I do already have some lines worked out for "Sin" and " Ty Cobb ( Hot Rod Death Toll ) ", but the latter is a PITA to do and as per usual downloaded SG lyrics suck on it ( Definately need " Core " or " Down On The Upside " to make anything there with any accuracy ).

Also open to other SG songs as well or another band entirely if I know them or am willling to buy the CD to make it.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/08/05 at 1:39 pm

I came back by today. Well I've listened to some of STP tape, my only problem is I can't tell where "No Memory" ends and "Sin" begins. I'll most likely go and get the CD. I think it's because the first one ends and the second one starts at almost the same time.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/08/05 at 4:03 pm

I came back by today. Well I've listened to some of STP tape, my only problem is I can't tell where "No Memory" ends and "Sin" begins. I'll most likely go and get the CD. I think it's because the first one ends and the second one starts at almost the same time.

No Memory is the short instrumental before Sin. It has just guitar and bass. When you hear the drums and cymbals kick in that is the start of Sin.

The reason you can't tell them apart is because there is no break at all. I have never been to a STP concert but would have hoped they played the 2 as one piece of music because I love No Memory.

The CD won't really be needed ( unless your tape is wore out ) since No Memory is an instrumental and since Sin has an " intro ", all you would need to put if we choose Sin is " intro " then the parodied words.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/11/05 at 3:43 pm

No Memory is the short instrumental before Sin. It has just guitar and bass. When you hear the drums and cymbals kick in that is the start of Sin.

The reason you can't tell them apart is because there is no break at all. I have never been to a STP concert but would have hoped they played the 2 as one piece of music because I love No Memory.

The CD won't really be needed ( unless your tape is wore out ) since No Memory is an instrumental and since Sin has an " intro ", all you would need to put if we choose Sin is " intro " then the parodied words.

The tape is in very good shape. It would just be easier for me if I can do what I usually do when I write my parodies, which is to have the song on repeat 1 when playing the disc. Also my tape has no lyrics with it(easily fixed by searching online). I'll drop by on Friday(I have plans to sumbit some more parodies that day).

Written By: Red Ant on 05/11/05 at 5:04 pm

The tape is in very good shape. It would just be easier for me if I can do what I usually do when I write my parodies, which is to have the song on repeat 1 when playing the disc. Also my tape has no lyrics with it(easily fixed by searching online). I'll drop by on Friday(I have plans to sumbit some more parodies that day).

What? It has no lyrics? Is the whole tape like that ( i.e. a Karaoke style tape )?
Very odd.

I agree having the song on CD and repeat is very helpful. I have downloaded the lyrics for " Sin " and some of them are quite poor.

I'll post sometime Friday afternoon ( about 5pm EST ) as well.

So are we going to parody " Sin " then?

Written By: Step-chan on 05/13/05 at 5:12 pm

The tape has vocals, I meant the booklet part has none(song lyrics that is). :D

I was thinking about choosing "Sin". I listened to it again earlier before coming here. I also just submitted two parodies one of "Pennyroyal Tea" and "Mexican Seafood". I also posted their parody titles on the parodies to come thread.

I forgot to mention, after listening to AIC Facelift, I see what you mean about the song "Confusion". His lyrical pacing in that song is unusual, counting syllables wouldn't work.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/13/05 at 5:39 pm

The tape has vocals, I meant the booklet part has none(song lyrics that is). :D

I was thinking about choosing "Sin". I listened to it again earlier before coming here. I also just submitted two parodies one of "Pennyroyal Tea" and "Mexican Seafood". I also posted their parody titles on the parodies to come thread.

I forgot to mention, after listening to AIC Facelift, I see what you mean about the song "Confusion". His lyrical pacing in that song is unusual, counting syllables wouldn't work.

Oh, the insert has no vocals. Downloaded lyrics if we choose that one to parody will need to be chosen carefully as many of them are not complete.

Good deal on those two parodies. I know "Pennyroyal Tea ".

Yeah, Confusion is a song I would love to parody personally even though I doubt it would get a single vote ( it's probably the most difficult song on that CD to parody aside from " Real Thing " ). In the stanzas he carries words like " further in " more like " fur...therein ". Glad you are listening to some of that CD. Later.:)

Written By: Red Ant on 05/15/05 at 7:04 pm

Okay, if we choose " Sin ", here are the correct and complete lyrics ( the CD cover is wrong and missing a few parts as are most lyrics sites ). All letters/words in parentheses are listed as lyrics on the sheet but I do not hear them in them in the song ( the .... after a word indicates that he carries that note, added by me. ):

( intro )

Holywater....
Clouds my thinkin(g)....
Sinkin(g) low now
Keep on drinkin(g)....

Down you go, suffer long*
Down you go, sin make me strong

You control me....
Soul you stole mine....
Wishful thinkin(g)
Six feet under....

So feel.... what were my eyes....
Sink into the holes in my eyes
My sins.... have made me blind....
Sink into the holes in my eyes....

Dead by dreamin(g)...
Sleep you steal mine....
Pools of cold sweat ( echo of "sweat" )**
Hatred burns me....

( short interlude )

Still shackled to the shadow
That followed you
That followed (you)
That followed you

(That) Followed you....

( solo )***

Yeah....

Yeah....

( outro )

* Note that the word "long" is carried as 2 syllables, making " suffer long " have the same number of syllables with " sin make me strong ". ( Long is pronounced more like " Lo-ong " ).

So isn't listed as a lyric but is clearly heard on the CD.

** The echo of "sweat" is just FYI and really isn't necessary for the parody.

*** The last 2 " Yeah.... " and " outro " aren't really necessary either. You could just put something like ( solo and outro ) if you want.

The "carried" words that are single syllables could be made into a few more syllables/words if necessary.

Hope that helps some. If we do make this the second challenge parody I wouldn't include the words/letters in parentheses ( unless you can hear them or need them for rhyming ).

If we made this from downloaded lyrics or the CD cover alone, both parodies would suck ( they are about 70% complete and are out of order on the CD cover ). Can't ANYONE get alternative era lyrics correct?

Written By: Step-chan on 05/16/05 at 2:26 pm

Both "Sin" and "Plush"(if you haven't done it) are ones I am thinking about. I also have a parody idea for "Crackerman". There is another parody author that has done some anime parodies on the list(Airrider), thats someone else that I'm keeping an eye on(He beats me in the number of Chobits parodies). Now I don't feel like the only one doing them. I'm going to come back tomorrow as well the next couple of days after that. I'm going to get the CD later this week. :)

Written By: Red Ant on 05/16/05 at 4:50 pm

I might be able to do Plush but Crackerman is horrible, IMHO. Plush just doesn't lend itself to much changing of the chorusus ( the 2 main ones  which I try now to not repeat if possible ).

PS- Even on "Plush" there are a few mistakes but almost half of the song is missing from the lyrics on the CD insert ( it is nowhere near as bad as "Sin" though ).

Written By: Step-chan on 05/17/05 at 11:59 am

Okay, let's do the song "Sin". I don't think anyone can do alternative lyrics right, on my parody of "White Lace and Strange" I had to go the amount of syllables Kurt was singing, plus what lyrics were post on some site. The lyrics were about 85% complete and maybe 75% accurate at the most. So I took a few liberties in writing it to make it about as complete as I could get it.(I actually put more in words to make the chorus complete) I think for Nirvana song lyrics, the most accurate ones were on digitalnirvana, which is now being combined with livenirvana(I haven't been able to go to it in awhile I think their still working on it). They had more than one interpretation for some of the songs(I have two versions of Beeswax interpretations at home, the second one that I wrote down is the most accurate one I have).

Written By: Red Ant on 05/17/05 at 12:40 pm

Okay, "Sin" it is. Just highlight, copy and paste the lyrics I listed onto a notepad ( or whatever way you do it ) and parody away!! I listened to the song again and my lyrics are practically perfect. I should write lyrics for alternative lyric sites as poor as some of them are.

I am going to stick with rhyming as close as possible, and follow the lyrics that I posted. I took me nearly 45 minutes to make them. Compare what I wrote to the CD cover and then you will see how crappy their lyrics are.

Anyways, we need to set a date again. This time we can title the parody:

" Parody Name ( Red Ant vs Step-chan ) " and " Parody Name ( Step-chan vs Red Ant ) " or something similar.

I'm thinking roughly 2 weeks for a time frame.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/17/05 at 1:58 pm

Okay then, I'll be getting the CD on Thurdays(I'm tired of rewinding the tape to listen to the songs). I will be back in tomorrow.  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/18/05 at 12:06 pm

Got a copy of the lyrics you posted for "Sin". I just submitted a parody of "Beeswax" that is about "Calvin and Hobbes". I've been recording myself improving a parody for a Nirvana outtake called "Old Age". I would like to post a good improv of it on this site(the problem being that I'm not good at singing karoake style, I do a better job on guitar). I've also post other parody ideas on the "parodies to come" thread.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/20/05 at 12:59 pm

I left a post on my "Calvin and Hobbes" parody that I'll post any Nirvana songs you want me too. I have the majority of them memorized, so it will be no problem.

:)

Written By: YWN on 05/20/05 at 1:50 pm

Not to mention my hundreds of comments on "Hittin' on Emiloca".  That's got to count for something, right?  RIGHT!?

If you disagree, I will have no choice but to show you my modern art.

Written By: YWN on 05/20/05 at 1:51 pm

LOL, I just replied to the wrong thread.  Disregard that last post.  :-\\

Written By: Step-chan on 05/20/05 at 2:04 pm

No worries here, it did surprise me though alittle. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/20/05 at 3:40 pm

I'm going to post a site for the songs on the Nirvana box set. It has lyrics that are the closest to being right for Mrs. Butterworth.

www.nirvana-music.com/nirvana-lyrics-lights-box-set.html

I would have typed them down myself, but it would take along time for me to do it.(They're not 100% accurate but they match the syllables pretty close). You won't have to look to far down to find the song.

Here are the lyrics that I have for "Beeswax" from Incesticide.

Beeswax

Verse 1
I was seeking out for a funnel
Not only magnets but I can prybar it shut
Glueing my manhood to a manhole
like Pepe lepew scent hey hey had a lightweight clutch

Chorus
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate

Verse 2
Stupid assbutton(alternate "kitty assbutton", it sounds more like "stupid" to me)
tweeking and flexing if the wind blows just right
tacky and thumbs on polyester
highwater jumpsuits and a raped ape then I take it back("highwater" could be "I bought a" but I doubt it)

Chorus
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate

Verse 3
I don't know why
I have a joke too silly *say(*I think he stumbled here)
Don't trust the foams
I got a d*ck d*ck here my f******g hate(I've seen an alternate to this line but I forgot it)

Chorus
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate

Verse 4
Vinegar and water is created monthly
fiberglass insulation disguised as cottoncandy
spawning down stream el rancho ovulate
feeding a cow hamburger and raw
Peter has brought me tiki idol
Billy's sneer reminds me of someone
homesick abay aboard the love boat
Tony Tenille Sony Bono Charo had a nice set of lungs!

Chorus
I got my titilate spayed
I got liberty
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed

Verse 5
Hard...
I gotta be around p***y
Don't let me fall
I gotta heh heh, well you can't live!

Chorus
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate spayed
I got my titilate

Beeswax was recorded with Jack Endino in January 1988. It was a live demo of sorts(They played the songs through instrumental first then Kurt went back through it with his vocals).

Written By: Red Ant on 05/20/05 at 4:27 pm

Umm, I saw that link and most of the songs on there. I don't believe I will be buying the WTLO box set as I have most of that material already. That is pretty random I will say. No wonder you can do so much with them as there is almost zero rhyme sceme ( a bit like FNM on their "Angel Dust" Cd ). I just got Bleach so I'm giving it a listen in a few minutes.

Anyways, "Sin" is about 30% done. The topic is fairly gross though.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/20/05 at 6:04 pm

Wellll....... I just listened to track 9 from Incesticide ( Beeswax ). I don't have the cover so I didn't have the lyrics ( Bleach doesn't either ).

I won't be cruel and do a parody of "Beeswax" called "Nonsense" because those are some of the oddest darned lyrics I have ever heard. I kind of like it though. After hearing more of Incesticide and Bleach Nirvana sound(ed) more punk/metal than alternative to me.

PS- My CDs say Incesticide was a 1988* release and Bleach was a 1989 release.

*The release says 1992 on it from Geffen Records but also says 1988 Nirvana. So I take it much of Incesticide was recorded in 1988 but not produced untill 1992?

There are a few AIC parodies I may do that are 1980s demos but not put on CDs until Music Bank ( some were never put on Music Bank at all ).

PS- Finally got Jerry Cantrell's "Degradation Trip". At the moment all I can think is " What a waste of $18 ". The only song I like off of it is "Gone" since it is about Layne Staley, and the song itself isn't that great.

MrMacphisto said it was better than any AIC CD. I believe that to be in gross error at the moment. I'm going to have to listen to "Boggy Depot" again as well ( Jerry Cantrell ) and see if I can find something there I like.

That said I did not like "Man In The Box" when I first heard it, nor much from Jar of Flies. Now there are maybe 15 AIC songs I do not like and MITB is still one of them ( just overplayed to death ).

EDIT: I just saw your parody of "Beeswax" and listened to TOS at the same time. I didn't vote as I don't know much C&H and couldn't really follow it, but your lyrics are much better than TOS.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/21/05 at 1:52 pm

Thank you. Yeah, Beeswax is pretty random, It's one of Kurt's earliest songs. I put the link up there so you could check out the lyrics for Mrs. Butterworth, that was the only reason(to see what the lyrics are like). Beeswax is actually not very easy to parody(Due to how he sings it), so what I wrote it the best I could(Like with "Confusion"; "Beeswax", "Mexican Seafood", the monologue for "Mrs. Butterworth" and a few others I've done, you can't go by syllables all the time, I had to omit a few words for the "Beeswax" parody in a few of the lines even though there were the same number of syllables as the original because it didn't fit the timing). If you want any other lyrics, just let me know.

Edit: The insert for Incestide doesn't have lyrics. I got my online(I have two interpretations, the one I posted is the second one which is the closest). "Beeswax" can be done more easily than "Confusion" could since it doesn't emphasize uniquely paced vowels.

Edit: Incesticide is more of a compilation of than an official album. Beeswax, Downer*, Mexican Seafood, Hairspray Queen and Aerozepplin are from 1988, produced by Jack Endino. Big Long Now was originally recorded at the session for the Bleach album, but was left off because it sounded too much like a Melvin's song.

*Downer is also on the CD version of "Bleach".

I would like to see you do a parody of Beeswax by that theme, it wouldn't be cruel. It's one of my favorite songs.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/21/05 at 11:31 pm

Thank you. Yeah, Beeswax is pretty random, It's one of Kurt's earliest songs.

I would like to see you do a parody of Beeswax by that theme, it wouldn't be cruel. It's one of my favorite songs.

Here is my "parody" of "Beeswax" called "Nonsense". I am NOT posting this on amiright. All I did was rhyme every word possible at random ( first rhyme off the top of my head ), thus turning very odd lyrics into complete "Nonsense".

High buzz peeking pout war way tunnel
Bought lonely maggets what die cry-car zit but
Booing die pan-good you day sandmole
dyke Pepsi leblue went LAY LAY mad a slightdate crutch

Why not dye mutilate sprayed
Why not dye mutilate

Cupid classmutton
reaking and sexing GIF the pinned goes must fight
wacky sand bums don Moly Hester
Tricorder rumpcutes band a Graped Cape when eye fake pit tack

Why not dye mutilate

I won't go die...
Try laugh a broke new billy day
Won't rust the phones...
My knot a CHICK CHICK near lie sucking date

Why not dye mutilate

Gallagher sand butter wizz elated comfy
overpass educated* in skies as rottenhandy
dawning noun dream hell pancho m@sturbate
bleeding a sow Spamworker land law
Breeder has taught thee sneaky Midol
Silly's stare behinds knee glove sum wun
lone tick e-bay toward the mud float
Phony when-heal crony oh-no sorrow bad a lice net of hungs!

I got puberty

Card...
Eye knot-a me a-sound wussy
Won't bet see all...
Aye not-a WAY WAY, hell ewe ant give!

Why not dye mutilate

I hope that was as random and nonsensical as possible. :D

* The word you listed was "insulation", but I heard it as "insulated". You can leave comments here. That will NOT go down as parody 95 for me. People will believe I am insane ( inane? ). Besides, only you would probably KTOS so it is moot. Leave me a 5** here. It is paced practically perfect, but I have no idea what you'd rate the rest.

Now, we have to get back to "Sin".  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/22/05 at 1:32 pm

That is worth 555. Very good. As for the lyric insulation, that was just a mistake I made(At least I was only slighty off). It is insulated like you said, I just typed the wrong form of it.

I started writing my "Sin" parody, I got the 1st and 2nd verse wrote as well as the chorus.

Edit: I've got the rough draft of the whole song wrote now. My theme is somewhat political(if that is the right term).

Written By: Red Ant on 05/24/05 at 12:48 pm

I'm still working on mine. I had several things come up this week that got in the way of progress. I'll try to get it done by Friday, but we seriously need to not post it over a weekend. There were close to 100 parodies out yesterday. I'm thinking like next week mid-week sometime.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/24/05 at 1:03 pm

I'm still working on mine. I had several things come up this week that got in the way of progress. I'll try to get it done by Friday, but we seriously need to not post it over a weekend. There were close to 100 parodies out yesterday. I'm thinking like next week mid-week sometime.

I'm not in a hurry. I still need to go over mine and make sure it fits well. I just submitted a parody of Wet my bed/Crackerman today(Crackerman was harder than I thought it would be), I worked on both around the same time(I finally thought of something for Sin on Friday).

Written By: Red Ant on 05/24/05 at 1:36 pm

Well, I had a working title and chorus for a while, but some parts are choking me up. I may have to abandon a bit of rhyming to make it.

So yours is political and mine is gross. This should be interesting.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/26/05 at 11:44 am

I have a question, can I use your name in one of my parodies? It is a parody of Avril Lavigne's song Complicated which I have started on(I going by lyrics alone to write this one). The song is about constipation(not caused by food or drugs). I'm making it into a fanfiction(story like) parody where I go to get help for the problem and I wanted to include you in it.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/26/05 at 2:24 pm

I have a question, can I use your name in one of my parodies? It is a parody of Avril Lavigne's song Complicated which I have started on(I going by lyrics alone to write this one). The song is about constipation(not caused by food or drugs). I'm making it into a fanfiction(story like) parody where I go to get help for the problem and I wanted to include you in it.

There are 3 problems here Step-chan. First all, Complicated has been done into "Constipated" roughly 16 times already and therefore unless you write it brilliantly is almost guaranteed to draw low marks ( and even if it happens to be the "best" of them, people will probably overlook it just because it isn't an original idea ).

2nd, from what I have heard, using downloaded lyrics on that song is worthless unless you know how it is sung ( i have never heard it nor downloaded the lyrics ). Not as bad as I suppose "Confusion" ( which I now have some ideas as to what to do with ) but still you NEED to hear it several times before you make it. Not to mention most lyric sites suck anyway, therefore I made the 99.9% correct/complete lyrics for "Sin"

3rd, You may use my name in a parody but please do not associate me with constipation.

If you want to use my name in an Avril parody mentioning constipated/constipation please show me the line here before you post it.

PS- If you need to make edits relavent to the contest, just post a new reply as I do not get notified of edits.

I still haven't gotten my crap together on "Sin", made all the more difficult since my CD player is still busted and am wondering if I should use the single syllable "carried/stretched" words for extra material. I'm trying to make it story tellings in a way, but the "middle" part of the song ( where the "story" would change ) is AFU ATM.

That and my new job is leaving me little time for anything new. This song is harder to parody than I thought, mainly due to short words/choruses and rhyming. BTW- That one parody you had no comments enabled ( can't remember the name ) I 555d.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/31/05 at 12:27 pm

There are 3 problems here Step-chan. First all, Complicated has been done into "Constipated" roughly 16 times already and therefore unless you write it brilliantly is almost guaranteed to draw low marks ( and even if it happens to be the "best" of them, people will probably overlook it just because it isn't an original idea ).

2nd, from what I have heard, using downloaded lyrics on that song is worthless unless you know how it is sung ( i have never heard it nor downloaded the lyrics ). Not as bad as I suppose "Confusion" ( which I now have some ideas as to what to do with ) but still you NEED to hear it several times before you make it. Not to mention most lyric sites suck anyway, therefore I made the 99.9% correct/complete lyrics for "Sin"

3rd, You may use my name in a parody but please do not associate me with constipation.

If you want to use my name in an Avril parody mentioning constipated/constipation please show me the line here before you post it.

PS- If you need to make edits relavent to the contest, just post a new reply as I do not get notified of edits.

I still haven't gotten my crap together on "Sin", made all the more difficult since my CD player is still busted and am wondering if I should use the single syllable "carried/stretched" words for extra material. I'm trying to make it story tellings in a way, but the "middle" part of the song ( where the "story" would change ) is AFU ATM.

That and my new job is leaving me little time for anything new. This song is harder to parody than I thought, mainly due to short words/choruses and rhyming. BTW- That one parody you had no comments enabled ( can't remember the name ) I 555d.

I haven't checked up on the new "Complicated" parodies in awhile, but I have voted on a couple awhile back(back when I was just starting to check out this site). So I'm out of the loop abit when it comes to 2000s category. I didn't see any when I was new here(unless some parody authors put some in a different decade).

You right about one thing, it is very hard to write a parody based on lyrics alone, I've wrote some of it and I'm wanting to bomb Avril for making it so hard to do, I have it wrote up to the end of the chorus. I haven't wrote anymore because I wanted to see if I have you're permission first.

I can actually tell you that I'm constipated in the song, and I wanted to include you in the story because I'm making music the cure(in the song, I going to make it where you make a CD copy of the music that cures me of the problem) I'll show you the lyrics that are associated with you before hand just to make sure you're cool with it. I can understand.

The song that you voted on is "Kill Happosai", the only I have without the comments enabled(I forgot to enable them, it was one of 6 songs I submitted that day). Thanks for the vote.

PS- I not in a hurry about the contest.

PSS- Sorry about not coming in until today, because of it was Memorial day weekend the libraries were closed.

PSSS- I just took a look at the "Constipated" parodies, the good news is that nobody thought of the way I'm doing it, also I'm going to alter the title abit so it doesn't get lost within the rest.

Oh yeah, I had the idea to do that type of parody to the song for awhile. But I didn't have the lyrics at the time and it had a less creative form to it when I first thought of it. The idea evolved abit by now and I was wanting to do it, I have heard the original song several times, but I think the last I heard it was last year. I'll just do the best that I can on it. One of the members here posted a site for lyrics(he/she said it was an accurate site, but I'd seen Nirvana songs that were less accurate than on fan sites) when I said something about it. Another song I was wanting to parody was Outkast's "The way you move", but I won't mention that since I don't want to do anymore songs based on lyrics alone.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/31/05 at 3:54 pm

I haven't checked up on the new "Complicated" parodies in awhile, but I have voted on a couple awhile back(back when I was just starting to check out this site). So I'm out of the loop abit when it comes to 2000s category. I didn't see any when I was new here(unless some parody authors put some in a different decade).

PSSS- I just took a look at the "Constipated" parodies, the good news is that nobody thought of the way I'm doing it, also I'm going to alter the title abit so it doesn't get lost within the rest.

The reason most of them you haven't seen is because Avril Lavigne is the most misspelled artist on amiright. That has been taken care of with this:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/performers/

Now you can see them all, wrong decade etc. It's still under construction but Avril has been neutered ( I mean fixed ). ;D

You right about one thing, it is very hard to write a parody based on lyrics alone, I've wrote some of it and I'm wanting to bomb Avril for making it so hard to do, I have it wrote up to the end of the chorus. I haven't wrote anymore because I wanted to see if I have you're permission first.

I can actually tell you that I'm constipated in the song, and I wanted to include you in the story because I'm making music the cure(in the song, I going to make it where you make a CD copy of the music that cures me of the problem) I'll show you the lyrics that are associated with you before hand just to make sure you're cool with it. I can understand.

Oh yeah, I had the idea to do that type of parody to the song for awhile. But I didn't have the lyrics at the time and it had a less creative form to it when I first thought of it. The idea evolved abit by now and I was wanting to do it, I have heard the original song several times, but I think the last I heard it was last year. I'll just do the best that I can on it. One of the members here posted a site for lyrics(he/she said it was an accurate site, but I'd seen Nirvana songs that were less accurate than on fan sites) when I said something about it. Another song I was wanting to parody was Outkast's "The way you move", but I won't mention that since I don't want to do anymore songs based on lyrics alone.

I do not believe I have EVER written a parody with just lyrics and not hearing it. I even spent $17 to get the Pirates of Penzance to do "Modern Major General" song to see how it was sung.

If you are going to bomb Avril for "Complicated", then go ahead and write me in. I have no problem with that.

As for the contest, I have 2 working titles that I will share:

One is "Milk" that would be about how I am lactose intolerant and makes me sick ( and therefore would be a gross parody ).

The other is "Sink" about somebody drowning and therefore would be pretty horrifying ( dark humor ).

I have the better part of "Sink" worked out but yeah this contest can wait as long as need be.

PS- I have a parody coming out of "Come As You Are" about being sick. Title is "Sick as a dog". May be a day or 2 before you see it.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/01/05 at 2:44 pm

I wrote more of the "Complicated" parody and I have the verse with you done.

Here it is, part of what I wrote in the song doesn't rhyme, but I have the lyrics I want so far.

The verse:

I asked Red Ant for some help
some of the songs I do not have
he said "here are the songs that you need"
I thanked him

This is one of the verses that has rhyming issues, but I like it.

The main reason I want to bomb Avril is because of her prechorus and chorus(the chorus mainly).

Here is the PC/C of the original song:
PC:
Somebody else round everyone else
you're watching your back like you can't relax
you're trying to be cool, you look like a fool to me
tell me
C:
Why you have to go and make things so complicated?
I see the way you're acting(like) somebody else gets me frustrated
life's like this you and you fall and you crawl and you break and you
take what you get and you turn into honesty
and promise me I'm never gonna find you fake it
(From the lyric "Life's" to the last lyrics "fake it, she sings nonstop).
I couldn't find the notepad to transfer it and have it printed, so I ended up having to write it down on paper. It sucked having to do it that way.

Oh, my parody of "Sin" is about the FCC(same theme as Pen Cap Chew), for some reason that's what came to mind when I listened to it.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/01/05 at 3:21 pm

Okay, no problem there that I can spot, but I have never heard TOS and will not buy/download that song. I will get a copy of the lyrics and try to rate it by that. Not sure where you are starting your PC vs TOS chorus though.

I'll give "Pen Cap Chew" a listen soon, my CD player is working again. I am working on my 100th parody at the moment, and it is a super huge pain in the a$$ to do. Very long, many words that have ZERO perfect rhymes in English as they are proper names and rhyming,syllable, and stresses falling where they should are essential in this parody as well. It will be my June SOTM parody entry.

Probably take me atleast 10 hours to make it.

PS- There is always another option to this contest. We can complete them separately and submit or we can co-write one together ( not this song though ). I haven't collaborated with anyone on a parody yet and it would be cool to do so. Agreeing on an OS and topic though might be the hardest contest.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/01/05 at 3:36 pm

I don't blame you on not buying Avril's CDs. I know I never will. I didn't want to listen to that song over and over again(it's not her most annoying song, but I don't have the patience to do it). I not done with the song yet(just the last chorus to go), but I will try to get it done tonight. I'm also going to try to write the parody for the song "Dumb", mainly because I don't want my parody of "Complicated" to be my 30th entry. I didn't know what to call the lyrics she sings before the chorus except prechorus(bridge might be more appropriate).

Oh, the recording of "Pen cap chew" from the boxset and bootlegs is incomplete(When they were recording it, the 8 track tape ran out). So, when you do listen to it, you will have to listen to the song a few times(only live versions of the song are complete and I don't have one of it). I had to write it that way, although it wasn't too hard to do.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/01/05 at 3:58 pm

Pen Cap Chew isn't on Incesticide? Crap, now I will have to rate it by DL lyrics alone.

Anyways, I plan a parody soon of "SLTS" called "Smells Like Tween Fangeeks ( Avril vs Hillary )". It is a thread that has been running for over a year now. May be parody 105 or so. My parody called "Smells Like Misheard Lyrics" is my May SOTM entry. Despite it's pacing problems ( minor ), I got too many comments that said it was funny to pass that one up.

Also working on the entire "Kill 'Em All" CD ( Metallica's first release ) all set to streaking. Have already done "Seek & Destroy", next 2 will probably be "Hit The Lights" and "The Four Horsemen", but I want parody 100 to go down as a milestone. I have parodied TOS before once and have several lines worked out in my head for it. Getting complete lyrics is a PITA though.

As for "Dumb", I look foward to it. You know I have done TOS before and is probably my fav from Unplugged.

I have an idea for "Pennyroyal Tea" but it'll be a while.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/02/05 at 2:51 pm

I just finished the "Complicated" parody. I have started on the "Dumb" parody. I also have a start on two of these three (Please Twins! based parodies) "About a girl", "Sex type thing"(at least in improving it) and "Oh me"(which I don't have much if any lyrics for yet). I also have came up with an idea for "Bleed the freak", which I forgot about mentioning yesterday. When I finish the "Dumb" parody, I will submit both it and the " Complicated" one.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/02/05 at 3:58 pm

Good deal on the Complicated parody. Wow, if you can pull off "Bleed The Freak" that would be awesome. It has only been parodied once, and not by myself.

I don't suppose you can do me a favor? My Incesticide CD has no case and the song names are not on the CD itself. Can you list them in the order or give me a website to go to?

Written By: Step-chan on 06/02/05 at 4:25 pm

Good deal on the Complicated parody. Wow, if you can pull off "Bleed The Freak" that would be awesome. It has only been parodied once, and not by myself.

I don't suppose you can do me a favor? My Incesticide CD has no case and the song names are not on the CD itself. Can you list them in the order or give me a website to go to?

No problem!

1.Dive
2.Sliver
3.Stain
4.Been a son
5.Turnaround
6.Molly's lips
7.Son of a gun
8.Polly(New wave)
9.Beeswax
10.Downer
11.Mexican Seafood
12.Hairspray Queen
13.Aerozepplin
14.Big long now
15.Aneurysm

Oh, there was one song that if they would have still had the original recording, it would have been on Incesticide. The song was "Blandest"(They deleted the recording, but someone got a copy of it and it started circulating it in the bootleg circles). I think the recording of it from the boxset came from a bootleg.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/04/05 at 3:13 pm

Came in today. I checked to see if the "Bleed the freak" parody that is on here is the same idea that mine is. I actually seen it before, but forgot about it. I'm about half way done with the "Dumb" parody, I'll be working on it in a little while.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/04/05 at 3:30 pm

As far as "Bleed The Freak", I have a title for that song. You WILL see it, in about 5 months. ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/05 at 11:44 am

I just submitted the "Dumb" parody, which is titled "My name is Lum".
In the next hour I'll be submitting the "Complicated" parody, which is called "Avril's songs make me constipated".

Written By: Red Ant on 06/07/05 at 12:36 pm

Oh boy, expect some 111s on that if that is your title. Avril fans are rabid. Then again, you're going to see some 555s as well for people who agree completely.

This may be your most voted on parody ever. I would hazard a wild guess of 8 votes the first day, 4 111 and 4 555. We'll see how it pans out.

One of the parts of "SMTF" is this:

First she's April, now she's Avril
Need some Advil, I know I do, OH!
;D ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/05 at 1:35 pm

Oh boy, expect some 111s on that if that is your title. Avril fans are rabid. Then again, you're going to see some 555s as well for people who agree completely.

This may be your most voted on parody ever. I would hazard a wild guess of 8 votes the first day, 4 111 and 4 555. We'll see how it pans out.

One of the parts of "SMTF" is this:

First she's April, now she's Avril
Need some Advil, I know I do, OH!
;D ;D

I just finished submitting it. I know I'll get some low scores on it just for the title alone(It won't be the first time I've gotten ones, so it definetly wouldn't surprise me). When I got the low scores on the "The quest for the Fecal Matter Demo", it kinda stung alittle(mainly because I had to work hard at writing it), I just hope the Avril fans will leave comments(I wouldn't count on it though). I remember voting on a parody of "Conplicated" called "Aggrivated", the person who wrote it was slamming Avril Lavigne. I thought it was very funny(I think I'm the only one to leave a comment too). I won't care about ones in this case, since I'm not fond of her music.

The lyrics for SMTF look good.  8)

Written By: Red Ant on 06/07/05 at 2:32 pm

Well, that's cool then. Here's the Hilary Duff bash part:

Hil'ry Duffy, she's so fluffy
Like a bunny, it's disgusting, OH!
;D ;D

Still trying to work out the "With the lights out.." part, and a 3rd part of " A mullato.."

That parody will probably draw some low marks as well.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/05 at 2:36 pm

Cool. I've been in the Playful Penguin section, trying to post pictures(I still haven't gotten it right, either that or this computer hates me). I can't wait to see it.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/08/05 at 2:42 pm

I've seen my first vote on the "Complicated" parody, 111(No comments). One Avril fan has struck like a Ninja and vanished. Uh huh huh, huh huh :D

Edit: Someone else voted and left a comment saying they didn't like it(at least he had the courage to leave one).

Also, he thinks you should cut any association with me. Apparently, I must have offended him.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/08/05 at 4:16 pm

Don't worry about him Step-chan. He likes Avril. He docked me a point in a parody I did dissing Avril in a SINGLE line ( out of ~100 ( yes, one-hundred ) lines ).

Well, I thought you would get some high marks for making the parody name, but I tried to tell you you would get 111s as well.

Okay, now that you have got those out of your way and I have my milestone parody out of the way, lets return to the contest. ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/08/05 at 4:23 pm

Don't worry about him Step-chan. He likes Avril. He docked me a point in a parody I did dissing Avril in a SINGLE line ( out of ~100 ( yes, one-hundred ) lines ).

Well, I thought you would get some high marks for making the parody name, but I tried to tell you you would get 111s as well.

Okay, now that you have got those out of your way and I have my milestone parody out of the way, lets return to the contest. ;)

Good point. I'm started on the "Bleed the freak" parody. My "Sin" parody is completed, i just need to look over it.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/08/05 at 4:49 pm

Good point. I'm started on the "Bleed the freak" parody. My "Sin" parody is completed, i just need to look over it.

Well, I suppose parody 101 will be dark humor, as I am going with "Sink" more than likely. It's either someone dying or getting violently ill. Not much positive there either way. Working on it now.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/09/05 at 12:14 pm

There are only a few lyrics in my "Sin" parody that will probably need tweaking.
The chorus is the part that makes this FCC bashing song, the verse are a little more subtle.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/09/05 at 1:42 pm

Well, I just came up with a funny parody of "Sin", but it might be too racy for amiright. I'd hate to submit that one, have it rejected and lose by default.

Sink is as done as I can make it. So I'm ready whenever you are. It is dark though.

PS- The lyrics I provided may have a typo in the part that goes "So feel..."
Here is the correction:

Written By: Step-chan on 06/09/05 at 1:49 pm

Well, I just came up with a funny parody of "Sin", but it might be too racy for amiright. I'd hate to submit that one, have it rejected and lose by default.

Sink is as done as I can make it. So I'm ready whenever you are. It is dark though.

PS- The lyrics I provided may have a typo in the part that goes "So feel..."
Here is the correction:

Whenever I come up with a racy/dirty parody I just submit mine to whatfreaks. I've only sumbitted 5 exclusively to that site, I'll have to change my "Sex Type Thing" parody abit(some of what I've been improving is too dirty for this site and the parody is part of a trilogy).

Okay, I just need to go over mine one more time, does tuesday next week sound good?

Written By: Red Ant on 06/09/05 at 2:13 pm

Well, if you are ready/have time we can submit them tonight. Mine is done.

Parody titles should be "Whatever ( Red Ant vs Stephen )" and vice versa.

Edit: See you are offline now. Are you talking about submitting them after Monday's posts to have them show up Tuesday?

Written By: Step-chan on 06/09/05 at 2:45 pm

I'm back now(I use the library, there's a time limit). I don't have the parody with me at the moment. But Monday would be good if possible(if not I can go home and come back with it).

Written By: Red Ant on 06/09/05 at 2:57 pm

Monday is fine. I *may* tweak mine some more. Just submit it after Monday's parodies are already up, so they both show up Tuesday.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/09/05 at 3:01 pm

Monday is fine. I *may* tweak mine some more. Just submit it after Monday's parodies are already up, so they both show up Tuesday.

I work on that day and do laundry, so it will be easy to time(I'd be in around 2:30 to a little after 3:00).

Written By: Red Ant on 06/09/05 at 3:18 pm

Okay, Tuesday they will be up. I hope you like dark humor with a twist.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/13/05 at 3:37 pm

Just finished submitting mine. I've also have new 3 parody ideas. The first one is a parody of "Smells Like Teen Spirit"(especially since I did "Complicated", I decided to add SLTS to my list and came up with an idea), the second one goes to "Ain't It A Shame"(Leadbelly cover) and the last one will go to "All About The Pentiums"(Weird Al's parody of "All About The Benjimans, I thin k that's how it's spelled).

Written By: Red Ant on 06/13/05 at 3:55 pm

Okay, I'll submit mine now too. You mind if I link the lyrics in my parody?

I did another SLTS parody today. Here it is:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/nirvana207.shtml

If you click on the link, it may take a while to download.

Looking foward to your parodies.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/13/05 at 3:59 pm

That reminds me, I better check to make sure the idea for the last one I listed hasn't been used already.

There are no parodies for either forms of the song(I better check again).

I'm wrong, there is one parody. Had to do a search.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/14/05 at 3:01 pm

Well, that contest was a draw I suppose. Now, would you like to co-author a parody? I'm thinking of names for us already like Nirvana in Chains or some variation of the 2 groups, or perhaps somehting else all together.

I've already got a few ideas for co-authored parodies. PM me with some picks or ideas.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/15/05 at 2:22 pm

Well, that contest was a draw I suppose. Now, would you like to co-author a parody? I'm thinking of names for us already like Nirvana in Chains or some variation of the 2 groups, or perhaps somehting else all together.

I've already got a few ideas for co-authored parodies. PM me with some picks or ideas.

Okay, I don't have anything right now. But I'll PM you after I think of some things. I just submitted the "Bleed The Freak" parody, it's called "See The Shrink", it's partially about me.

On a another note, I'm glad I didn't try to use the full version of Pen Cap Chew(from KAOS radio 4/87, I got to listen to it earlier), as some of the lyrics are different and the pacing is definetly different in the verses(tighter for the most part). The demo is definetly the way the to go.The live version would have wrecked my pacing on that Nirvana parody.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/17/05 at 2:41 pm

I think the PM system hates me. It keeps going into my outbox.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/17/05 at 3:20 pm

I got your PMs, both of them. There is a small box on the bottom of the PM form that should be checked to save PMs, which go to your outbox. Apparently this is the case with you. You can manually check it for each PM or set your options to default check it every time, thus saving all your sent PMs in the outbox.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/21/05 at 3:48 pm

I'll post the lyrics here for Swap Meet and compare to my parody. I agree with you that my parody and the OS are easy to get lost on. I know I didn't make the verses any longer on mine(I just didn't count syllables, it's one of my earliest parodies which I started writing before finding out about this site). I'll put the OS lyrics on the left and my parody lyrics on the right in parenthesis.

Verse(repeated 3 times)
They lead a lifestyle that is comfortable(He'll take the city over if he can)
They travel far to keep their stomachs full(The conquest is for what he stands)
They make a living off of arts and crafts(He likes to speak in an intelligent voice)
The kind with seashells, driftwood and burlap(His followers hail him in rejoice)
They make a deal when they come to town(He has a plan to take over the town)
The Sunday swap meet is a battle ground(Fukuoka is his battleground)
She loves him more than he will ever know(He sends the girls to go search and assess)
He loves her more than he will ever show(Being in Across they feel so blessed)

Chorus(I wasn't sure if you were lost on the chorus, so I'll post it just in case)
Keeps his cigarettes close to his heart(Hyatt takes drugs to start up her heart)
Keeps her photographs close to her heart(Elgala's pillow is close to her heart)
Keep the bitterness close to the heart(Excel keeps Mince locked in the house)

I agree that it isn't perfect, as some lines have less/more syllables in it when compared to the original.
I'm not sure if I'm missing any lyrics. Please let me know.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/21/05 at 4:37 pm

Actually, I was confused on whether the verse and chorus repeated 2 or 3 times. You list it as 3 here and on your parody, but I still kept coming up as 2 for some reason. I suppose I am seriously lost as your parody seemed OVERCOMPLETE, with an additional verse and chorus. While that alone isn't a big deal, the syllable counts and stresses threw me more than the "extra" part of the song.

I guess I'm not reading it fast enough or something.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/21/05 at 5:12 pm

Actually, I was confused on whether the verse and chorus repeated 2 or 3 times. You list it as 3 here and on your parody, but I still kept coming up as 2 for some reason. I suppose I am seriously lost as your parody seemed OVERCOMPLETE, with an additional verse and chorus. While that alone isn't a big deal, the syllable counts and stresses threw me more than the "extra" part of the song.

I guess I'm not reading it fast enough or something.

So that's what you meant. Swap Meet is verse/chorus/verse/chorus/solo/verse/chorus. I started writing this one before I found this site, my earlier parodies took more liberties with pacing and stresses than my later ones. I finished it several monthes later(talk about procrastination) and submitted it to add more parodies to my list.

Check for new replies or respond here...