inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: George 'I can't write for toffee' Haminilton IV

Written By: Josh2 on 04/19/05 at 10:41 am

George is really starting to get on my nerves now by submitting parodies which arent even complete and well, jsut plain suck

But what annoys me more is for one, ChuckyG is letting these fragments through, n 2, ppl are actually voting 555 on this rubbish

Thoughts?

Subject: Re: George 'I can't write for toffee' Haminilton IV

Written By: Mistress Leola on 04/19/05 at 10:50 am

We really shouldn't be starting threads to bash parodists.  Don't like his/her stuff, don't read it.  You think it violates guidelines, PM Chucky.

Written By: Josh2 on 04/19/05 at 10:56 am

there is an infrignement of rules being done

hes submitting fragments, but still getting theru

plus he sux

sumin need sot be done cos he ruiing the site

Written By: Arwen on 04/19/05 at 11:15 am

I have to agree with Leo...

Who cares if he's submitting stuff you don't like or that he gets 5s that you don't think he deserves? 

Are we really aiming for an elitist online society where only people who we think are "worthy" can join?  There are several established parodists on the site who've written parodies that I don't like at all....for whatever reason...and I'm sure that there are those on the site who don't like what I write...or what YOU write, Josh...

...the bottom line is that we each have the same right to be here...regardless of anyone's perception of the quality of our work. 

Written By: Josh2 on 04/19/05 at 11:17 am

but none of his songs are complete, there sohuld be on there

there fragments

Written By: Arwen on 04/19/05 at 11:27 am

there fragments

Well, it's Chucky's call...if they make it to the site, then you have no say...

Why do you continue to read his stuff if you know you're not going to like it?

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/19/05 at 11:30 am

there fragments

I don't read 'em. I agree they're incomplete and really awful, but Arwen's right, we have no say if it's already gotten through. Just don't give him the pleasure of wasting your time by reading them. Apart from that, he knows it annoys us, so that's why he carries on

Written By: Mistress Leola on 04/19/05 at 12:28 pm

Are we really aiming for an elitist online society where only people who we think are "worthy" can join?

Actually, that is what I'm aiming for.  It's just that 'worthiness' should be determined by me, and not anyone else.

Written By: Arwen on 04/19/05 at 12:49 pm

Actually, that is what I'm aiming for.  It's just that 'worthiness' should be determined by me, and not anyone else.

Which I would be fine with...after all...I have seen your list... ;)

Written By: jreuben on 04/19/05 at 1:01 pm

there fragments

PM Chucky about it.  It's more likely he'll read/respond/address that than a thread like this.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 04/19/05 at 2:45 pm

PM Chucky about it.  It's more likely he'll read/respond/address that than a thread like this.

Don't be silly, Jeff -- PMs are passe. 

If you want to communicate with someone, it makes more sense to start a thread. 

Refer to my "Hey Jeff, what's going on, buddy?" and "Arwen, whatcha been up to?" threads.

Written By: Arwen on 04/19/05 at 3:22 pm

Refer to my "Arwen, whatcha been up to?" threads.

Must've been deleted for inappropriate content.  Bastard.

I rushed over to say that our power has gone out 4 times in the past 20 minutes.  But alas...there is no thread on which I can share inane news like that...

Written By: Billy Florio on 04/19/05 at 11:12 pm

Are we really aiming for an elitist online society where only people who we think are "worthy" can join? 

well, i just sat through a College Senate meeting where students came in a yelled ignorant comments and other pieces of complete crap thinking that they know law, rules, and how to run things.....so right now, I think Im voting that we need an elitist society in everything lol......screw the common man lol

Written By: Mistress Leola on 04/20/05 at 9:59 am

well, i just sat through a College Senate meeting where students came in a yelled ignorant comments and other pieces of complete crap thinking that they know law, rules, and how to run things.....so right now, I think Im voting that we need an elitist society in everything lol......screw the common man lol

democracy is overrated, no doubt.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/20/05 at 3:49 pm

If they are incomplete parodies, point them out to me.  I don't know the lyrics to every song, and I generally purge them if they're incomplete and I know they're not complete.

Written By: Rex on 04/20/05 at 5:00 pm

I don't know the lyrics to every song...

My perception of you has just been shattered.  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/20/05 at 5:57 pm

My perception of you has just been shattered.  ;D

I still command a pretty impressive command of pop music lyrics though... but not as much as my wife.

Written By: Josh2 on 04/20/05 at 6:58 pm

well i have a rule which usually works, if it is by a band uve herd of n u no their usual songs but havnt herd this one, but this is nowhere near long enough, its prob a frag

Written By: Red Ant on 04/21/05 at 3:02 am

well i have a rule which usually works, if it is by a band uve herd of n u no their usual songs but havnt herd this one, but this is nowhere near long enough, its prob a frag

I have seen ALL of GH IV's parodies. They are NOT fragments per se, just seriouly incomplete ( or in a few cases OVERCOMPLETE ). There is no rule that states that the parodied words must fit into TOS or make any sense.

That's why we have the rating system. If you think they suck, then just 111 them ( something I won't do personally ) or ignore them.

I have not seen a single parody by him that deserves a 555 IMHO ( although I gave him a 555 once because TOS was so horrible ANY parody would be better ).

Just like another amirighter who writes nothing but poop parodies which almost always get 111 or 555 ( atleast those are " better " as a subjective term ).

PS- GH IV is not the only person who submits incomplete works. I saw one this week that stated in the foreword it was only part of a song yet was still allowed ( as I've seen a few in the past as well ).

Note: Incomplete and fragments are two different terms. Incomplete is missing lots of the parody, whereas a fragment is only doing part of TOS.
It sounds confusing ( and it is ) but there's no point in trying to get GH IV's work tossed from this site. I like to read them just to figure out more conspiracy theories as to what he does ( up to 7 theories at last count ). ;)

Written By: philbo on 04/21/05 at 5:27 pm

I still command a pretty impressive command of pop music lyrics though... but not as much as my wife.

You have a pretty impressive command of your wife?  You must give me some tips some time ;)

Written By: Johnny_D on 04/21/05 at 6:22 pm

Yeah, Chucky, don't hold out on us, give us some tips, tell us your secret. 

Is it in the "pacing" ?  

Is it in the "internal rhyme" ? 

Is it just the "overall" effect ? 

Or does it all come down to HOW FUNNY ?

;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/05 at 7:15 pm

Yeah, Chucky, don't hold out on us, give us some tips, tell us your secret. 

Is it in the "pacing" ? 

Is it in the "internal rhyme" ? 

Is it just the "overall" effect ? 

Or does it all come down to HOW FUNNY ?

;D

with me, it's how funny.  if you can't make you S.O. laugh, marriage is going to feel like a life sentence.

Written By: philbo on 04/22/05 at 5:23 pm

I hate to break it to you this early, Chucky, but marriage is a life sentence (though I believe you can get time off for bad behaviour) ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/05 at 4:06 pm

I went through and began reading through all his parodies.  I know I've prevented dozens from being approved before, but he must just keep submitting in the hopes I'm in rush when approving them.  I hadn't realized that many got approved (I don't checking the pacing too closely when approving, or I'd be there all day).

anyways... I'm pulling as many of them as I can.  They clearly aren't even meeting a minimum amount of quality, to justify being posted to the site. I'm quite embarrased any of them made it through at all.  I've certainly prevented better from being posted to the site in the past.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/28/05 at 12:22 pm

Glad to hear all of this. GHIV was certainly a waste of time and e-space.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/28/05 at 4:20 pm

Well, I have to admit most of his work was awful, though I did like the fact that he had to balls to post such material and get slammed for it ( you know it's bad when you get 11 111 on a parody ). If ALL his work is tossed and he gives up, atleast we will have this " tribute " to remember him by:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/georgeharrison8.shtml

The only parody written about him AFAIK.

Several people have tried to help him out in comments ( which I assume were deleted with his parodies ) and I wrote that parody to try to help him write better, figuring he would atleast look at the parody name since it WAS his name but to no avail.

George will be missed. :\'(

Written By: EthanM on 04/28/05 at 7:58 pm

i just checked the comments and there's one by red ant saying "i voted 551" plus other stuff. Doesn't make muh sense for you to 551 your own song and i don't see why anyone would leave that kind of comment as an impostor. So I'm a little confused.

Written By: jreuben on 04/29/05 at 8:32 am

i just checked the comments and there's one by red ant saying "i voted 551" plus other stuff. Doesn't make muh sense for you to 551 your own song and i don't see why anyone would leave that kind of comment as an impostor. So I'm a little confused.

"The pacing's perfect and it's really funny, but I hated it"  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/29/05 at 9:47 am

he tried to post something today, but I want nothing to do with it.

I actually rejected a lot of stuff today.  I'm sure I'll get grief over some of it.  An attack parody or two, and a couple where people didn't format their parodies properly (ten stanzas all on one line)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/29/05 at 2:21 pm

The comment was by me. I only voted that way because while it was well paced and funny ( to me ), it was a " slam " parody. That's why I voted it a 551. I also the same day I voted another person a 551 for a slam parody on another amirighter ( mine was more of a "constructive" slam, but still a slam ).

A 551 one seems very illogical but "slam" parodies for example can be well/perfectly paced and make me laugh, but overall suck as they are not friendly to other amirighters ( although I was hoping that GH IV would see it and atleast comment on it or improve his parodies ).

Slam parodies do not apply to non-parodists such as the President or the Pope for examples.

Written By: Josh2 on 04/29/05 at 2:22 pm

wowo, it hoghut mos tpl would have a go at me, instead ive created a revolt against GHIV

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I deserve an award in my opinion

Check for new replies or respond here...