inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Debut Parody?

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/28/05 at 5:13 pm

Just curious. What was the first ever parody you submitted onto AmIRight and how long ago was it?
Mine wasn't that long ago. 'Stewardess' from mid-March. Got a few decent votes. Tania was the very first person to comment, I believe...

...So what about the rest of you?

Subject: Re: Debut Parody?

Written By: Arwen on 04/28/05 at 5:18 pm

The very first parody I ever submitted to AmiRight is a secret... ;)

But the first one I submitted as "Arwen, FABulous, Arwen"...was "Frodo" to the tune of "Venus."

Written By: Gonfunko on 04/28/05 at 5:47 pm

I can't remember what the first parody I submitted here was, but I can remember it was absolutely horrible, along with the next 10-15 or so. :-[ I first came here in 2003 - I've gradually improved since. 

Written By: Scathe on 04/28/05 at 6:49 pm

My first was "Campaigns" to the tune of Eric Clapton's "Cocaine".  ;D

Written By: EthanM on 04/28/05 at 7:54 pm

I submitted about ten at once in June of 2002... none of which i'm especially proud of.

Written By: Billy Florio on 04/29/05 at 1:32 am

I hate the first one I submitted

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 04/29/05 at 3:24 am

This is mine....

How You Will Bind Me (S&M Love Song)

...submitted just over a year ago. Methinks I've got a little bit better at this parody writing lark since then.

Written By: jreuben on 04/29/05 at 7:25 am

The first one I submitted was actually to the inthe80s site, before amiright existed, and still holds a special place in my heart for that:

I've Got To Pee Now

It was submitted in the late 90s maybe?  It was written in the early 90s.

Written By: Johnny_D on 04/29/05 at 9:28 am

Here's mine ... it posted on AmiRight on September 8, 2003.

The Erection of Edmund Fitzgerald

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/29/05 at 10:40 am

I had a backlog of parodies already written from the '80s and '90s, so when I first submitted, I went in with a bang, simultaneously submitting these on Nov. 5, 2003.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/paulmcartney1.shtml
http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/pinkfloyd0.shtml
http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/emersonlakepalmer3.shtml
http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/billyjoel5.shtml
http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/faithnomore1.shtml

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/29/05 at 11:34 am

Some interesting parodies coming through here!

I hate the first one I submitted

I submitted about ten at once in June of 2002... none of which i'm especially proud of.

I'm surprised to see that most of you don't like your first parodies. Mine aint great, but it's not my worst by a long shot. Glad to hear you've improved, though!
I like to think I have too  :)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/29/05 at 3:56 pm

My first two were on Feb 20th of this year. One was pretty badly paced and not funny. The other I got the song name wrong on it. The worst part is that BOTH of these parodies are from my favorite band and I had ZERO excuses to get the pacing bad on the first and the song name wrong on the second. Of course, like ALL of my parodies, they have typos. :)

Written By: AdamEcc on 04/29/05 at 5:35 pm

Some interesting parodies coming through here!

I'm surprised to see that most of you don't like your first parodies. Mine aint great, but it's not my worst by a long shot. Glad to hear you've improved, though!
I like to think I have too  :)

Whilst I don't actually dislike my first parody here, it does have some big techincal problems which prevented it from being the masterpiece I had envisaged :)  Thanks to the constructive comments I received on it, I think I've (for the most part) worked those particular bugs out of my system.

Since the feedback was so helpful, I find it impossible to dislike the song :)

Written By: MysteryGoat on 04/30/05 at 3:19 am

Since I had been writing for a few years before I found the site, I already had a small collection made. With that said, I debuted with 4 songs.

Kryptonite (Superman): My 2nd favorite 3 doors down parody I've written. ;)
(It Sucks) To Be Me: Originally to be about the smallville version of superman, but turned into something more. ::)
Gettin Piggy Wit It: One of my favorites because it's the first parody I wrote that actually sounded good.
Ballad: Possibly my most prized and favorite parody, one that actually sounds like a real song. I have to say I am most proud of this one.

Written By: The Mistress Leola on 04/30/05 at 6:02 pm

The very first parody I ever submitted to AmiRight is a secret... ;)

Wasn't it "Leola" to the tune of "Lola"?

Written By: Arwen on 05/04/05 at 10:31 am

Wasn't it "Leola" to the tune of "Lola"?

Hee...maybe.

Check for new replies or respond here...