inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Request for instrumental recordings

Written By: Gonfunko on 05/04/05 at 6:51 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum, but since nothing else seems to fit any better, here goes: Does  anyone know where I could acquire an instrumental or karaoke version of The Rolling Stones' "Paint It Black"? Alternatively, does anyone know of a program (Mac or Windows) that could sucessfully remove the vocals in that song?
BTW, I am aware that there's an instrumental version by the Band of Susans - unfortunately, it won't work for my purposes.

Any and all help appreciated. :)

Subject: Re: Request for instrumental recordings

Written By: Red Ant on 05/04/05 at 8:14 pm

I do not know personally about that song but most of the file-sharing or pay -per - download sites have karaoke versions of many songs. You will still probably need a karaoke recorder to make a recording though.

You *may* have luck with a local karoake club. OR

Get a band if you know one to play this live for you and you can sing it and record it.

As far as software to edit out the vocal track(s) that's something beyond my league. I suspect that IF it is possible that it would take running the original CD throught a software program ( a no doubt expensive one at that ) and you would have to selectively edit what frequencies you wanted out of it then record the edit onto your hard drive or another CD. Without extensive knowledge and the right software this isn't feasable.

The simply way I tend to karaoke over original songs is that I turn down the treble and sing  it but my software will not accept 2 inputs at the same time to record my karaoke version.

Subject: Re: Request for instrumental recordings

Written By: tmayfield on 05/11/05 at 12:14 pm

Removing vocals.  I use Adobe Audition which has a setting for removing vocals.  I haven't used it successfully, but it did diminish the words to the point if you wanted to record over them, no one would be able to hear it.  Incidently, this is illegal to do if you plan on posting the resulting song or distributing in any other fasion, since the music recording is not licensed for your use.

Check for new replies or respond here...