inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy Belated Birthday, K1CHYD!

Written By: Mistress Leola on 05/09/05 at 8:18 pm

If there was already a thread about this that I missed, and that has already been deleted, I'll feel really stoopid...  :-Four-Oh on May 2!

Welcome to the big leagues, kid.

Subject: Re: Happy Belated Birthday, K1CHYD!

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 05/09/05 at 9:10 pm

You hit the four-oh?
O the woe, the sorrow!
Now you must forego,
Dreams of a tomorrow!
:D
*BELATED PARTY HORN!*

Written By: K1chyd on 05/09/05 at 11:23 pm

If there was already a thread about this that I missed, and that has already been deleted, I'll feel really stoopid...  :-Four-Oh on May 2!

Welcome to the big leagues, kid.

Thanx Leo - And Luke!

If there was thread I missed it too, but there probably wasn't cos I don't think anyone knew, though I have a vague memory about having mentioned it in fin print somewhere, at first I thought it was in the prelude to a pre-40 parody I wrote last year, but a quick check revealed no mentioning of the specific date so I probably didn't.

And besides, it's an almost unknown song for most people so it would have slipped quietly anyway:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/accept1.shtml

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 05/10/05 at 9:37 am

Peter....har den äran ! (Is that right?)

Written By: MooRocca on 05/10/05 at 3:46 pm

Sorry I missed the big day!  Hope it was a good one, K1!

Written By: 2nz on 05/10/05 at 8:30 pm

Happy Birthday Peter. Me sorry to miss first time too. Me also not know your native language so me can't say anything clever in that language. If it any comfort, for longest time I thought you spoke English/American perfectly. Me consider you amazingly proficient in English language... so much so that me rate and respond to your parodies as if you had been speaking English as a first language. Me thought you might like to know. Happy Belated Birthday once again.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/10/05 at 11:42 pm

Happy Belated Birthday Peter!

Written By: nally on 05/11/05 at 12:01 am

Wow...another birthday...

Happy belated birthday K1chyd!! ;)

Written By: ... (Ellipsis) on 05/11/05 at 11:48 am

Happy Belated Birthday, Know 1!

I guess you and I share the same birthday; I turned 25 on Monday of last week.

Written By: K1chyd on 05/11/05 at 1:04 pm

Peter....har den äran ! (Is that right?)

It sure is! (And it is also the main line in the most popular happy-birthday song here)!

Whether or not that part was just luck or your serendipity you deserve double kudos for getting in spot on!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: K1chyd on 05/11/05 at 1:10 pm

Happy Belated Birthday, Know 1!

I guess you and I share the same birthday; I turned 25 on Monday of last week.

So, counted together we would have been able to retire with pension last monday, at least here in Sweden...

I'll take comfort in the fact that when you were 15 I was 30 = 100 % older than you.
Now I'm just 60 % older than you!

You're gaining on me youngster!

Written By: K1chyd on 05/11/05 at 1:20 pm

Happy Birthday Peter. Me sorry to miss first time too. Me also not know your native language so me can't say anything clever in that language. If it any comfort, for longest time I thought you spoke English/American perfectly. Me consider you amazingly proficient in English language... so much so that me rate and respond to your parodies as if you had been speaking English as a first language. Me thought you might like to know. Happy Belated Birthday once again.

Always good to hear that because improving my English (even further) by reading others funny stuff and writing my own is one of the main/bonus things that keeps me returning to this place over and over and over, even at times when I don't really have the hours I actually spend here.

Maybe I should join the PA; Parodists Anonymous.

You might catch the occasional language hint though, I think I'm still a bit above average when it comes to mess up by choosing the wrong alternative of words like then/when, it's/its, troop/troup, most/must etc.

Written By: K1chyd on 05/11/05 at 1:22 pm

Thanx also to MooRocca, Ashkicksass and Nally!  :-*

Written By: Red Ant on 05/11/05 at 5:13 pm

" Oh, maybe my mind's slow, but I say congrats on the big 4-0 ".

Okay, perhaps parodying a Cypress Hill song to say Happy Birthday isn't the best idea in the world. It's the thought that counts.  :)

Subject: Re: Happy Birthday, K1CHYD!

Written By: ... on 05/02/06 at 2:33 pm

Well...I guess it's K1CHYD's birthday again! I couldn't forget, since it's the same day as mine!

So I guess you'd be...41 today?

Written By: Cat on 05/02/06 at 3:15 pm

Happy Birthday Peter!  :D

Subject: Re: Happy Birthday, K1CHYD!

Written By: K1chyd on 05/02/06 at 11:42 pm

Well...I guess it's K1CHYD's birthday again! I couldn't forget, since it's the same day as mine!

So I guess you'd be...41 today?

Yes, another lap around the sun under my belt. I take comfort in the fact that my IQ has always matched my age, only 99 years to go now before I can heckle MENSA from the inside.

And congrats right back at ya, now I'm only 57,69 % older than you! :P

Written By: Red Ant on 05/03/06 at 1:50 am

Happy Birthday Peter and Ellipsis.

Written By: ... on 05/03/06 at 3:32 pm

Happy Birthday Peter and Ellipsis.

Thank you. I had a nice time yesterday. Even though I'm not a parody author, I do appreciate it! ;)

Yes, another lap around the sun under my belt. I take comfort in the fact that my IQ has always matched my age, only 99 years to go now before I can heckle MENSA from the inside.

And congrats right back at ya, now I'm only 57,69 % older than you! :P

So...next year you'll be 55.56% older than me (rounded to 2 decimal places)!

Written By: LarryH on 05/15/06 at 5:55 pm

Happy really belated birthday, Peter!    :)

Check for new replies or respond here...