inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AMIRIGHT in SPIN!!!!!

Written By: Billy Florio on 05/21/05 at 5:41 pm

AmIRight.com is mentioned in the May issue of Spin magazine on page 72.  Its in the list for "Four amazing Rock websites".....here it is:

"Four Amazing Rock Websites

1. bandtoband.com-proving that all rock bands are related, this site can connect Husker Du to Huey Lewis and the News in 13 steps.

2. Amiright.com/parody-This compedium of thousands of song parodies even features spoofs of Weird Al.  How positively meta.

3. dinosaurdays.do.za-Everything--yes, everything--you ever wanted to know about classic, prog, hard, jazz, Kraut, Southern, and folk rock but were too ashamed to ask.

4. clubbo.com-Subtitled "Music to believe in"--just don't expect it to be real.  Buy all your Rockfinger, Suthrn Cuzn, and Yorgi, Master of the Konservnaya Banka merchandise here. "

Now this is pretty cool

Subject: Re: AMIRIGHT in SPIN!!!!!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/21/05 at 5:50 pm

2. Amiright.com/parody-This compedium of thousands of song parodies even features spoofs of Weird Al.  How positively meta.

Now this is pretty cool

like I said in your other 'AmIRight in Spin' thread, this may account for the unusually large amount of new writers on AmIRight over the past couple of weeks, or is it just me?!

Written By: YWN on 05/22/05 at 4:11 pm

Whoa, we may just may end up as J Level Celebrities one day!

"Well, I don't like to brag, but I was mentioned in a...uh...magazine.  I mean, I can't remember the name of the magazine, but it definitely mentioned me.  Not exactly directly, per se, but in a subtle tribute kind of way.  It's actually hard to explain."

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/22/05 at 4:13 pm

Whoa, we may just may end up as J Level Celebrities one day!

"Well, I don't like to brag, but I was mentioned in a...uh...magazine.  I mean, I can't remember the name of the magazine, but it definitely mentioned me.  Not exactly directly, per se, but in a subtle tribute kind of way.  It's actually hard to explain."

We'll take your word for it, YWN!  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/22/05 at 4:49 pm

The honor really is for the parody authors, this is the first time any magazine or paper has called out the parody section without mentioning the misheard lyrics or focusing on some other part of the site.  I just run it, you guys/gals make it happen!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/22/05 at 4:51 pm

The honor really is for the parody authors, this is the first time any magazine or paper has called out the parody section without mentioning the misheard lyrics or focusing on some other part of the site.  I just run it, you guys/gals make it happen!

But without you, we wouldn't be able to! The honour's part yours, too Chucky! You're the mastermind behind the idea, you deserve at least a bit of credit!  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/23/05 at 8:06 am

we also made these two other papers over the weekend while I was away:

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkzNTkmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY2OTU5ODgmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkz

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/entertainment/music/11682623.htm

misheard lyrics mentions again

Written By: Matthias on 05/25/05 at 3:32 pm

Whoa!
:o
Is there really parodies from Weird Al on this site?
How freaking sweet is that?

Written By: YWN on 05/25/05 at 3:56 pm

Don't know whether that was intended to be a joke or not, but it meant that there were spoofs of Weird Al's songs.  ;)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/25/05 at 3:59 pm

Don't know whether that was intended to be a joke or not, but it meant that there were spoofs of Weird Al's songs.   ;)

I think it was, M!  ;D

Written By: philbo on 05/25/05 at 5:06 pm

Is there really parodies from Weird Al on this site?

Quite frequently... some people just don't read the rules, and post Weird Al's lyrics ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...