inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The "parodies" of thomas wimmer

Written By: EthanM on 05/31/05 at 9:46 am

At least GH4 had some originality. This guy just takes original songs and calls them a parody of anotther original song with the same title. I noticed it before and didn't think it was worth the trouble if he was done doing that, but apparently he's not. And this could go on for a very long time considering the repetitiveness of titles.

Subject: Re: The "parodies" of thomas wimmer

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/31/05 at 9:52 am

At least GH4 had some originality. This guy just takes original songs and calls them a parody of anotther original song with the same title. I noticed it before and didn't think it was worth the trouble if he was done doing that, but apparently he's not. And this could go on for a very long time considering the repetitiveness of titles.

Yeah, i've seen his parodies they're all (remix) or part 2 of an old parody. Couldn't be bothered to read them though coz he's submitted about 20 today alone. What are they all about?

Written By: EthanM on 05/31/05 at 10:08 am

Well one of them was the lyrics of shut up by the black eyed peas claiming to be a parody of shut up by simple plan

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 05/31/05 at 10:17 am

I'm going to PM Chucky about this...if you're reading this, Thomas, I'm sorry...but these in no way resemble parodies and so just shouldn't be on the site

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/31/05 at 10:49 am

I wasn't sure what he was doing the first time he submitted a batch to the site, and I let about 10 on before I noticed a song I knew well enough to know his "lyrics" didn't match up at all.  I then rejected the rest of his submissions (and he must have submitted 50 songs the first day when he found the site).  I didn't notice them today as I was approving entires, and they all went through.  I just went through the lists and removed everything he's submitted today and previousily. 

Posting lyrics that you didn't write is one of the first and biggest rules.  Taking someone elses' lyrics and saying they fit another song isn't what we do here.  It might work as a mashup, but you can't really convey that with just the lyrics.

Check for new replies or respond here...