inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy Birthday, 2nz!!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/07/05 at 6:01 am

Wishing Glen a very Merry Christmas... joyous Bar Mitzvah....successful initiation into the Church of Beelzebub's Pants...Happy Birthday!!! Have a great one mate; the birthday hookers should be turning up around 7.30.... ;)

Subject: Re: Happy Birthday, 2nz!!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/07/05 at 6:15 am

Oh, I almost forgot...I got you a cake....

http://www.thecakefairy.co.uk/pix/brasmall.jpg

Be careful where you put the candles.....

Written By: jreuben on 06/07/05 at 7:12 am

Happy Birthday 2nz!  Live it up!

Written By: Ansky1213 on 06/07/05 at 7:36 am

Oh, I almost forgot...I got you a cake....

http://www.thecakefairy.co.uk/pix/brasmall.jpg

Be careful where you put the candles.....

Mmmmm...erotic cake!
-Homer J. Simpson

Have a great one, 2nz!

Written By: bobbypags on 06/07/05 at 8:55 am

2nz - is June 7 really your birthday?  Well, a very happy one - are you now legallay able to drink?

Written By: Arwen on 06/07/05 at 9:00 am

Happy Birthday 2nzy!!

Wish I could be there to help you celebrate...  :-*

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 06/07/05 at 9:12 am

yes, happy birthday 2nz, and here's my cake...

( I can't believe Kristof has forgotten the traditional Aussie birthday cake already)

Written By: karen on 06/07/05 at 10:19 am

many happy returns

Written By: PRobinson on 06/07/05 at 11:26 am

Yes, Happy Birthday, you whippersnapper...What?  Early "20's"? Jeez...but I'd only want to be that old again if I knew what I know now...and that ain't how it's played...besides if 50+ folks were able to handle 20-year old situations there wouldn't be anything good left for those younger folks, and I wouldn't have the heart to do that to ya'  8)   

Seriously, Glen - Embrace effusively, enjoy, educate & enlighten, excel with energy & enthusiasm, extract extraneous ennui wherever expeditious, express & elucidate with elegance, but do not egregiously engender excess by endlessly extending thoughts or actions...know when to Exit...   ;)

pr

Written By: K1chyd on 06/07/05 at 11:45 am

yes, happy birthday 2nz, and here's my cake...

( I can't believe Kristof has forgotten the traditional Aussie birthday cake already)

That's a traditional Aussie birthday cake?  :o

If so, what's traditional Aussie deodorant then... rubbing a wunderbaum in your armpit?  ???

http://www.favoroffroad.ee/i/logo-wunderbaum.gif

Such on the mirror or not, happy drive on the road of life 2nz!  :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/07/05 at 5:16 pm

Happy Birthday to an old pro who is still quite young.

Written By: nally on 06/07/05 at 6:58 pm

Happy Birthday, 2nz!!

Hope you've had a great day. ;)

Written By: MooRocca on 06/07/05 at 7:01 pm

Happy Birthday 2nz!!

(LOL K1!)

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/07/05 at 8:18 pm

Are you getting a car, 2nz?
A car...2nz?
Car...2nz.

...forget it. Have a great one! ;D

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 06/08/05 at 12:31 am

Are you getting a car, 2nz?
A car...2nz?
Car...2nz.

(on behalf of 2nz)

no, he's getting a jumper, Luke, a
jumpa...Luke...a
jum
palooka

(hee hee)

Written By: 2nz on 06/08/05 at 12:56 am

Oh man... THANKS GUYS AND GALS!! I turned 23 at around 6:05 am today.

Kristof, I hope it's not wrong to get turned on by fake boobs made of frosting. If it is, then I guess I can't be right. Thanks a bunch, mate. ...And yeah, I beat Beelz in some fiddle competition and now I'm in some crazy new religion...

Jeff, thanks man. We should really schedule a NYC date so we can ALL live it up. I'll awaken the thread later this week.

Charlie, right on man. And thanks.

Bob, I actually celebrated two years of being legal today with something called a "Tsunami" at a Japanese live-preparation restaurant. Thanks for stopping by man, and ditto what I said to Jeff.

Arwen, me too. You make the party twice as sexy just by showing up. We must get together one of these years and bake some Lembas. And afterwards, maybe we can 'Bake some Lembas'  ;D (Hey, I guy can dream)

Stu, thanks for the aussie cheer. Oi Oi Oi Brother.

Karen, thank you very much                                                                                          and it ends here

Paul, still the man with the longest and meatiest comments. Thanks for the wise words of wisdom, man.

Peter, thanks man. That from a commercial line that defines a devoted Australian woman as one who gives YOU the last beer. I checked my tires and I'm good to go. Let's ride.

Agri, I really enjoyed how you phrased that. Thanks a bunch, man.

Nally, thanks. I think I did. And I appreciate the outlined, bright-colored, large font too.

Mel, thank you for the well wishes.

Luke, thanks man.
You use the spirit of forceful cleverness, Luke
Use the forceful cleverness, Luke
Use the force, Luke...
(Somewhere, a cricket chirps)
...what Stu said.

Written By: bobbypags on 06/08/05 at 10:14 am

Believe it or not, I turned 44 at about the same time you hit 23.  So, are you getting this NYC meeting together or not?

Written By: PRobinson on 06/08/05 at 10:30 am

Believe it or not, I turned 44 at about the same time you hit 23.  So, are you getting this NYC meeting together or not?

Well, then -- Happy birthday to you, too, Mr. BPags ~ ~ ~

pr

Written By: bobbypags on 06/08/05 at 11:02 am

Well thanks, PR - never thought I'd live this long.  (and the way things are going, I'm not sure that I am).  Hope all is well with you and yours.
bob

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/08/05 at 5:23 pm

Happy Birthday, 2nz! Hope you enjoy it  :)

Written By: Mistress Leola on 06/09/05 at 10:16 am

Late to the party... again.  If there's any cake left, can I have a nipple nibble?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/09/05 at 10:40 am

Argh!  I'm late too!  But Happy Belated Birthday 2nz! 

Written By: marthadtox3 on 06/14/05 at 6:30 pm

even later  congrats  hope you had a good one!!

Written By: 2nz on 06/16/05 at 1:48 pm

Aaargh, I should check this more. Thank you very much DButtK (F*#%in' censor), Leogog, Azkabankicksass and Martha. I don't think of it as late, I think of it as 'spreading birthday cheer over more than one day'.

And Happy Birthday rather late to you then, Bob. I still gotta wake up that thread.

Written By: Arwen on 06/16/05 at 3:08 pm

Arwen, me too. You make the party twice as sexy just by showing up. We must get together one of these years and bake some Lembas. And afterwards, maybe we can 'Bake some Lembas'  ;D (Hey, I guy can dream)

Hee... :)

So, this is as good of thread as any to post this, I suppose...

I had a dream last night that I went out to NYC, and I met up with 2nz at some sports bar.  And I had told 2nz that he would know me when he saw me, because I was wearing a custom made shirt that said "2nz Knows Why Women Need Men."  Hehehehe...

Anyway, we met, and we ordered, and we were sitting there talking, and just as I was asking him to tell me every little detail about his trip to Italy, I looked up and Mr. Vin Diesel was walking through the door. 

And I turned to 2nz, who had his back to the door and therefore did not see Vin, and I said, "Okay, things might get a little weird here for a minute...but just stay cool."

So, Vin saw me from the doorway and yelled, "Hey!  Since when are you in New York City, and you don't call me?"

And I was so embarrassed!  I said, "I just got here, and I came to see Glen!"  And Vin came over to the table, and I reluctantly introduced the two of them.

So 2nz said, "Hey, man, do you want to join us?  Let me buy you a drink."

And Vin said, "Oh thanks, but I don't drink."

And I said, "You don't like sports, either, so what are you doing in a sports bar?"  Because I was SO annoyed that he'd interrupted us.

And Vin said, "I just saw you through the window, and I wanted to come say hello.  But I have to run.  I am shooting today and tomorrow, but call me Sunday if you're still in town."

And I said, "Okay."  And he left.

And then 2nz and I went over and watched a taping of David Letterman.  Well, I don't remember actually going to the taping...but that's where he said he was taking me when we left.  I think that it may or may not have been code for "Let's go bake some Lembas."  ;)

Written By: Vin D. on 06/16/05 at 3:54 pm

I think that it may or may not have been code for "Let's go bake some Lembas."  ;)

which is code for what?

Written By: 2nz on 06/17/05 at 11:41 am

Hee... :)

So, this is as good of thread as any to post this, I suppose...

I had a dream last night that I went out to NYC, and I met up with 2nz at some sports bar.  And I had told 2nz that he would know me when he saw me, because I was wearing a custom made shirt that said "2nz Knows Why Women Need Men."  Hehehehe...

Anyway, we met, and we ordered, and we were sitting there talking, and just as I was asking him to tell me every little detail about his trip to Italy, I looked up and Mr. Vin Diesel was walking through the door. 

And I turned to 2nz, who had his back to the door and therefore did not see Vin, and I said, "Okay, things might get a little weird here for a minute...but just stay cool."

So, Vin saw me from the doorway and yelled, "Hey!  Since when are you in New York City, and you don't call me?"

And I was so embarrassed!  I said, "I just got here, and I came to see Glen!"  And Vin came over to the table, and I reluctantly introduced the two of them.

So 2nz said, "Hey, man, do you want to join us?  Let me buy you a drink."

And Vin said, "Oh thanks, but I don't drink."

And I said, "You don't like sports, either, so what are you doing in a sports bar?"  Because I was SO annoyed that he'd interrupted us.

And Vin said, "I just saw you through the window, and I wanted to come say hello.  But I have to run.  I am shooting today and tomorrow, but call me Sunday if you're still in town."

And I said, "Okay."  And he left.

And then 2nz and I went over and watched a taping of David Letterman.  Well, I don't remember actually going to the taping...but that's where he said he was taking me when we left.  I think that it may or may not have been code for "Let's go bake some Lembas."  ;)

huh... I had the same dream, only before-hand you made sure to e-mail me so I brought some Italy pictures. That and we ended up walking under the arch at Washington Square Park where parts of "When Harry Met Sally" and countless other movies were filmed ;c). Also there was a Bear arguing with a Tiger over whether abbreviations count in Scrabble, but that might have been a different dream, same night.

which is code for what?

Vin, do we need to have this talk again?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/05 at 11:42 am

Happy Birthday, 2nz (aka Glen Stollberger)

Written By: Arwen on 06/17/05 at 12:00 pm

huh... I had the same dream, only before-hand you made sure to e-mail me so I brought some Italy pictures. That and we ended up walking under the arch at Washington Square Park where parts of "When Harry Met Sally" and countless other movies were filmed ;c). Also there was a Bear arguing with a Tiger over whether abbreviations count in Scrabble, but that might have been a different dream, same night.

Vin, do we need to have this talk again?

See...we are SO on the same page, dude!!

And LOL on your comment to Vin... :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/17/05 at 10:23 pm

I'm probably late, but happy birthday anyway!

Written By: nally on 06/08/06 at 12:33 am

Oh my goodness...I just noticed that today was 2nz's birthday as well...so I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

Hope you had a good day, 2nz!!

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/08/06 at 12:57 am

Hope your next rotation around the sun is just as enjoyable!

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/08/06 at 4:03 pm

Happy Birthday, Tunes!  ;)

Written By: EthanM on 06/08/06 at 11:11 pm

Happy belated birthday... 23, now I feel quite old. Granted I am 23, but I'm headed in the upwards direction agewise which of course beats the alternative.

Written By: 2nz on 06/13/06 at 2:50 pm

Oh my goodness...I just noticed that today was 2nz's birthday as well...so I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

Hope you had a good day, 2nz!!

Thank you nally. I am always impressed with your prompt and enthusiastic birthday wishes. Thanks again.

Written By: EthanM on 06/13/06 at 2:52 pm

I didn't realize this was such an old thread... now I don't feel quite so elderly

Written By: 2nz on 06/13/06 at 2:53 pm

Hope your next rotation around the sun is just as enjoyable!

Thank you, Luke. May your forehead grow like the mighty oak.

Written By: 2nz on 06/13/06 at 2:58 pm

Happy Birthday, Tunes!   ;)

Thanks for the well-wishes, JD. Some time after I get back on the east coast, I'd like very much to come and see one of your performances. Driving from Long Island, NY to Great Falls, Montana has really opened up my travel possibilities. Before the trip, I wasn't all that crazy about driving too far out of New York. But anyway, thanks again, and may your feet be swift, may your glove be oiled, may your bat be mighty, and may your balls... be plentiful.

Written By: 2nz on 06/13/06 at 3:00 pm

I didn't realize this was such an old thread... now I don't feel quite so elderly

Thanks for the post, Ethan. Hey, the secret to never getting old is to never let yourself feel old. It works.

Written By: nally on 06/13/06 at 6:18 pm

Thank you nally. I am always impressed with your prompt and enthusiastic birthday wishes. Thanks again.

You're very welcome. ;) I like to use the "glow" option whenever possible, too. And I also like to use colors that aren't listed in the "Change Color" menu, such as indigo, darkviolet, coral, forestgreen...you name it. (The last one is a personal favorite of mine.)

Written By: Ebontyne on 06/14/06 at 9:54 pm

Happy belated birthday... 23, now I feel quite old. Granted I am 23, but I'm headed in the upwards direction agewise which of course beats the alternative.

I'll be 23 years old in two days. I like seeing more people close to my age around this place. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/15/06 at 1:27 pm

A karma point for you!

Written By: Red Ant on 06/15/06 at 2:57 pm

Wow, I'm like a week late this time.

Happy 24 & 1/52 Birthday!

Written By: nally on 06/07/07 at 12:33 am

Well, it's about time once again for 2nz' birthday...so let's bring his thread back up.

Happy birthday, 2nz!! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/occasion15.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/occasion13.gif

I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/07/07 at 1:21 am

Happy Birthday, 2nz!!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/07/07 at 3:40 am

Happy Birthday, Glen!

Where the heck are ya, anyway?

Written By: karen on 06/07/07 at 3:55 am

Hope you have a great day

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/birthday.gif

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/07/07 at 7:11 am

Oh yeah...the cake!

Since your surname sounds Germanic, Glen...what better than a Bavarian bierkeller birthday cake?

http://www.bavarian-beerhouse.co.uk/se_data/_filebank/__GirlsTorte.JPG/549.JPG

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/07/07 at 1:05 pm

Happy Birthday, Glen!

Written By: wildcard on 06/07/07 at 2:03 pm

Happy Birthday

Check for new replies or respond here...