inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The "poker spammer" is at it again --- time for more Draconian measures, Chucky?

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/08/05 at 6:42 am

Maybe it's time to put in a filter that allows only links to other AmiRight or inthe00s sites to be put in parody comments.

If somebody wants to refer someone to a place outside of AmiRight, they can post a URL pointing to somewhere in inthe00s where they've posted a thread/message containing the URL of the external site.

Subject: Re: The "poker spammer" is at it again --- time for more Draconian measures, Chu

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/05 at 9:51 am

Maybe it's time to put in a filter that allows only links to other AmiRight or inthe00s sites to be put in parody comments.

If somebody wants to refer someone to a place outside of AmiRight, they can post a URL pointing to somewhere in inthe00s where they've posted a thread/message containing the URL of the external site.

I'm not ready to get quite that extreme yet, but I'm getting close.  Plus that then just moves the spam problem to here.

Subject: Re: The "poker spammer" is at it again --- time for more Draconian measures, Chucky?

Written By: PRobinson on 06/08/05 at 10:29 am

Well, I figured someone already noticed this, but I came over to make sure...thanks, JD...and, of course, ChuckyG...boy -- that sure is annoying, isn't it?  I imagine it must really tic you off ChuckyG...doesn't do much for my disposition...but I can just walk away and do something else and come back later...

Paul Robinson

Subject: Re: The "poker spammer" is at it again --- time for more Draconian measures, Chu

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/05 at 10:34 am

Well, I figured someone already noticed this, but I came over to make sure...thanks, JD...and, of course, ChuckyG...boy -- that sure is annoying, isn't it?  I imagine it must really tic you off ChuckyG...doesn't do much for my disposition...but I can just walk away and do something else and come back later...

Paul Robinson

well, I began work on the next line of defense last week.  I did the url limit to see if the jerk would notice.  When he did and re-adjusted, I just went ahead and finished the next line of defense.  It won't be the end of them, but it should knock their efforts down quite a bit.

Just imagine how useless the sites would be if I didn't assign editors to review entries.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/05 at 11:22 am

in case you're wondering, I'm not adding poker to the ban word list again, since I want to see this SOB re-adjust his technique and slam him down again.  If this one isn't doing it, another one will at some point.

Subject: Re: The "poker spammer" is at it again --- time for more Draconian measures, Chucky?

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/08/05 at 11:32 am

Chucky --- I hope we will still be able to put links into parodies & their top & bottom boxes using the
<a href="http://www.yadayadayada.com">Seinfeld TV Show Fan Site</a> method ... ?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/05 at 11:49 am

Chucky --- I hope we will still be able to put links into parodies & their top & bottom boxes using the
<a href="http://www.yadayadayada.com">Seinfeld TV Show Fan Site</a> method ... ?

oh yeah... this only affects the messages people leave.  different script

Check for new replies or respond here...