inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Changed layout of the site a little

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/16/05 at 9:29 am

The artist indexes are now the first link in there, and I removed all the decades and put it under one link called "decade index".  Both links bring you to a page which also has today's latest entries, which might also help encourage people to check out the latest stuff.

Thanks to MooRocca for cleaning up the artist indexes, so there isn't a ton of Alanis Morisette mis-spellings in there.

Subject: Re: Changed layout of the site a little

Written By: jreuben on 06/16/05 at 9:40 am

I like this.  Thanks (MooRocca and Chucky) for all the work you put in!

Written By: MooRocca on 06/16/05 at 10:58 am

I'm still making the first pass through the alphabet, getting the obvious stuff that leaps out at me.  When I get through Z, I'll make a more meticulous second pass to catch anything new that's come in and anything I missed the first pass through -- as well as any errors I may be responsible for.  Then I'll settle into making a pass through the whole alphabet and figuring out how often I need to do that.  There's a LOT that leaps out at me on every page -- and I'm double checking correct spellings and having to dig deeper for more info on some entries (a lot deeper on a few) to be sure I'm sorting to where people who know the song are most likely to look for it.  Doubling back for continuity (making sure I make exactly the same correction to things that need to be lumped together so I don't create multiple entries, by accident) gets a little more time consuming, the farther into the corrections I get.  So, please be patient as I wend my way through the last half of the alphabet.  :) 

I'm more of a rocker chick as far as my personal listening habits go, I have way too much exposure to muzak, I was immersed in country, delta blues, americana, alt-country, bluegrass & roots rock while working for a local station a couple of years or so ago and I share my life with a walking AOR/Classic rock/progressive encyclopedia, so I have a broad knowledge base to work from, but there are still some huge gaps. I'm particularly unfamiliar with the hip hop, R&B & rap artists/genre... I've heard OF most of the mainstream artists, but that's about the extent of my knowledge, there.    Along that line, I do have one question, for fans of Sean Combs' work, that I've been wondering about since I got started.  When I get to the Ps (which is coming up quick)  and Ss, I'd like to get all of his stuff in one place so it's more convenient for his fans.  So,  if you were looking for parodies to songs by P. Diddy/Puff Daddy/Sean "Puffy" Combs, without having any particular song of his in mind -- you just want to see the whole list, which of those names would you be MOST likely to look under, first?

(About the thanks -- no sweat.)

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/16/05 at 5:03 pm

Cheers to MooRocca!!! ANd Chucky! 8)

Written By: Red Ant on 06/16/05 at 8:47 pm

Thanks for this new search ChuckyG, and thanks MooRocca for all the work.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 06/17/05 at 11:18 am

Thanks guys -- I'm lovin' the lovingly cleaned-up index by artist.

Written By: 2nz on 06/17/05 at 11:42 am

I'm diggin' it. Thanks Mel and Chucky.

Written By: Apricot on 06/17/05 at 4:22 pm

Friggin' awesome new layout.. I found everything I wanted to right away.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/17/05 at 10:19 pm

Looking good!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...