inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New amIright t-shirts coming out next week!!!!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/17/05 at 3:17 pm

I've finally gotten off my rear, and designed the misheard lyrics t-shirt I talked about back in January.  It will be available for sale this weekend. I'm pretty certain it doesn't infringe in any way on anyone's rights and that I won't get sued, but I wouldn't bet on it being available forever either, so if you want one, I recommend ordering it ASAP.  (cafepress is very picky about copyright, and you never know if they'll just pull it to be safe)

I'm also going to do a parody author's t-shirt.  It'll feature the names of everyone who has made at least 25 parodies.  If you think you might make it to 25 parodies in the next month or so, let me know and I'll make sure your name gets in there anyways.  This one will only be available for a month or two as well.  I haven't designed it, but I think I'll make it look a little like my new wave poster.

Subject: Re: New amIright t-shirts coming out next week!!!!

Written By: Red Ant on 06/17/05 at 3:22 pm

Where do we order?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/17/05 at 3:24 pm

Where do we order?

I'll provide a link when they're ready.  I'll post an image of the design a day before they go up as well, to make sure nothing's wrong

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/17/05 at 4:05 pm

i completly forgot about this...I need ot get amiright shirts....and expecially the one with the parody authors

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/17/05 at 5:30 pm

I wouldn't bet on it being available forever either, so if you want one, I recommend ordering it ASAP.  (cafepress is very picky about copyright, and you never know if they'll just pull it to be safe)

How? Where? How Much?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/17/05 at 8:04 pm

I tried to upload it tonight, but the website I needed to send it to, was freaking out for no good reason.

Written By: MysteryGoat on 06/17/05 at 10:18 pm

I like the idea for the one for parody authors, glad I got just over 25.  ;D ;)

Written By: K1chyd on 06/18/05 at 9:01 am

I'm also going to do a parody author's t-shirt.  It'll feature the names of everyone who has made at least 25 parodies.  If you think you might make it to 25 parodies in the next month or so, let me know and I'll make sure your name gets in there anyways.  This one will only be available for a month or two as well.  I haven't designed it, but I think I'll make it look a little like my new wave poster.

What happened to the "Sgt Peppers" album cover photoshopped "parody" that someone on this board was/is working on? With the faces of some of the here more active writers mixed into the crowd? Chances are that would look really cool on either the front or the back of such a T-shirt!

This is not a question for Chucky, since he probably never heard of it until now, I'm just taking the opportunity to ask.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/18/05 at 9:20 am

What happened to the "Sgt Peppers" album cover photoshopped "parody" that someone on this board was/is working on? With the faces of some of the here more active writers mixed into the crowd? Chances are that would look really cool on either the front or the back of such a T-shirt!

This is not a question for Chucky, since he propably never heard of it until now, I'm just taking the opportunity to ask.

I heard of it, but I have no idea how far along it got before the person doing it lost interest, or stopped receiving submissions.

I just finished the design for the most part, just need to add color.  If you had 14 or more parodies, you made it into the list.  If you had 98 or more parodies, Your name is intentionally larger than the other names, otherwise, size of names and placement, is totally random (well, not totally, more like, based on how the shape of your name in the font I picked, fit next to other names).

I'm not sure what the problem with cafepress is, but I still can't upload pictures today.  Probably won't finish until Monday when they get back in the office and fix their dumb network.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/19/05 at 9:39 am

http://www.cafepress.com/amirightmis

Here's the misheard lyrics t-shirts. 

Currently, the site logo on the front, is large and centered on most of the items.  If people think that looks tacky, let me know, and I'll change it to a pocket logo (smaller and off to one side, kind of like a polo shirt).

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/19/05 at 9:43 am

http://www.cafepress.com/amirightauthor

These are the parody author t-shirts.  Let me know what you think.

If you have at least 14 parodies on the site, your name is in there.

Written By: EmiLoca on 06/19/05 at 10:04 am

This is not a question for Chucky, since he probably never heard of it until now, I'm just taking the opportunity to ask.

Luke was a lazybum and quit work on it.  :)

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/19/05 at 1:15 pm

by any chance do we get to see the back of them? lol

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/19/05 at 5:05 pm

by any chance do we get to see the back of them? lol

yes, you should be able to see the back of them.  Click on the item you're interested in, and you can click on a larger image, or click to see the back side.  If you can't, let me know which one it is you tried (misheard or parody, and which item)

Written By: Red Ant on 06/19/05 at 5:15 pm

Clicked on the picture for one. Too blurry to tell any detail, but I will still be ordering a few.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/19/05 at 5:37 pm

Clicked on the picture for one. Too blurry to tell any detail, but I will still be ordering a few.

do the larger image option, and you'll see what it looks like better.

Written By: Gonfunko on 06/19/05 at 7:29 pm

I placed an order earlier today. Great job on the design!  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/20/05 at 8:53 am

I placed an order earlier today. Great job on the design!  :)

I hope they come out ok.  I had problems with uploading, and I also test printed it on my printer at home, and it looked like it would be ok at that size. 

Written By: jreuben on 06/20/05 at 9:00 am

I hope they come out ok.  I had problems with uploading, and I also test printed it on my printer at home, and it looked like it would be ok at that size. 

I'll let you know later in the week when they arrive  ;D 

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/20/05 at 10:32 am

I'm also working on a poster for the parody authors as well.  Similar design, but rotated and elongated.  Should take a couple hours to perfect.  Not sure if anyone is interested in that or not.

Written By: jreuben on 06/20/05 at 11:58 am

I'm also working on a poster for the parody authors as well.  Similar design, but rotated and elongated.  Should take a couple hours to perfect.  Not sure if anyone is interested in that or not.

I'm curious

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/20/05 at 12:09 pm

Neat job, although from a distance the author's list looks like a microchip.  :) No matter. How long have we got for ordering (I'm thinking I can afford to buy some at the beginning of July)?

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/20/05 at 12:18 pm

I heard of it, but I have no idea how far along it got before the person doing it lost interest, or stopped receiving submissions.

Sayeth Luke Brattoni in a separate thread:"... Due to my abrupt packing-up to move to Sydney for college I have no idea where the Sgt Peppers sketch ended up...."

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/20/05 at 12:25 pm

Neat job, although from a distance the author's list looks like a microchip.  :) No matter. How long have we got for ordering (I'm thinking I can afford to buy some at the beginning of July)?

I'll probably keep the parody authors t-shirt up there for a few months.  Maybe longer, I don't think there's a need to worry about that one being there for a long time.  If enough of them are sold, I'll design a new one next summer with the new authors who appear between now and then..

The misheard lyrics shirt will be up there as long as possible.  I have no idea if cafepress will deem it ok or not, since it does indirectly feature copyrighted material. Legally it's perfectly fine since I don't even really quote the original works, but I've heard horror stories about how they pull t-shirts off their site at the first hint of copyright issues.

Written By: philbo on 06/21/05 at 3:47 pm

Hey, Chucky - love the authors design: could you get it on a (large) mug, too, please?

:D

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/21/05 at 4:56 pm

Hey, Chucky - love the authors design: could you get it on a (large) mug, too, please?

:D

I'm not sure it would still be legible at that size, it's really designed for a larger print area.  I'll try some test prints to see

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/22/05 at 9:22 am

http://www.amiright.com/store/

Here's a link to all the stuff on the site for sale at the moment.  There are larger images so you can see what the designs look like for each, plus links to the appropriate store on each one.

I'm pretty proud of the author's t-shirt, it takes a long time to stick 300 names in Adobe Illustrator and adjust the type, colorize it, etc.

Written By: adagio on 06/22/05 at 10:47 am

Lots of stuff to look at Chucky...and that was just one store.  I'll have to take several days shopping for that...I already ordered a religious mug.  Thought for a second that the only thought given to religion was to make fun of it. (like that..that...thong) Thanks for making this stuff available.  What about special order items? As in, say a mug with one of our parody titles printed on it, like "The Corridor" by Adagio. Or didn't I look far enough yet?

Written By: jreuben on 06/22/05 at 10:55 am

Lots of stuff to look at Chucky...and that was just one store.  I'll have to take several days shopping for that...I already ordered a religious mug.  Thought for a second that the only thought given to religion was to make fun of it. (like that..that...thong) Thanks for making this stuff available.  What about special order items? As in, say a mug with one of our parody titles printed on it, like "The Corridor" by Adagio. Or didn't I look far enough yet?

I'm sure my "Jeff Reuben Boob Operation" would draw some attention at work  ;D

Written By: adagio on 06/22/05 at 10:58 am

Heehee  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/22/05 at 11:33 am

if you want me to do a custom one, I can probably be reasoned with.  I just did a set of 80s t-shirts for a band that wanted to give them away at a show.  I gave them to them at my cost (no markup), and even put their band info on the back of the t-shirts for them.  I mostly view it as free publicity, not a money making opertation (that's what the ads are for).

Written By: adagio on 06/22/05 at 1:25 pm

if you want me to do a custom one, I can probably be reasoned with.  I just did a set of 80s t-shirts for a band that wanted to give them away at a show.  I gave them to them at my cost (no markup), and even put their band info on the back of the t-shirts for them.  I mostly view it as free publicity, not a money making opertation (that's what the ads are for).

Good to know, Chucky!  I'll certainly want some things, so I'll be thinking about it.  (Wonder how a whole set of mugs with my good songs on them would look in a display case...seriously, I was thinking along these lines). I don't THINK it's ego!!  ;)

Written By: philbo on 06/22/05 at 2:18 pm

I'm pretty proud of the author's t-shirt, it takes a long time to stick 300 names in Adobe Illustrator and adjust the type, colorize it, etc.

You should be - it looks really good.

Written By: Arwen on 06/22/05 at 3:54 pm

I have been meaning to say, for the past couple of days, that I L to the OVE the parody author's shirt... :)  Great job on the design...

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/22/05 at 7:59 pm

Awesome shirts, Chucky, I'll be sure to get one ordered for my birthday.
I'll endeavour to start another Sgt Pepper AmIRightians Of '05 sketch regardless of whether it's used or not, I need to get my rusty sketching hand back in action.

One small problem with the arrangement of the author names... who's this 2000Jake guy you're hanging out with, Emi? Hmmm?!

Written By: Ansky1213 on 06/22/05 at 10:45 pm

OK, I love the authors shirt, and I'll probably buy one soon, but could somebody kindly tell me where I am on the shirt? I feel like an idiot, I literally stared at the shirt for like 10 minutes and I couldn't find me...

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/22/05 at 11:09 pm

Between Will Tong and Red Ant there's a Charlie. Et toi?

Written By: Claude_Prez on 06/22/05 at 11:20 pm

Between Will Tong and Red Ant there's a Charlie. Et toi?

No, he's in green between Chris Bodily TM and Malcolm Higgins.  I found Waldo too.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/22/05 at 11:43 pm

LOL.
Who's this 'Sample' fellow, and how come he gets his name so big?

Written By: karen on 06/23/05 at 3:36 am

LOL.
Who's this 'Sample' fellow, and how come he gets his name so big?

lol

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/23/05 at 10:29 am

I Luuurve my t-shirt position: Coming out of Mr. Alexander's "ph", and sitting astride Stuart McArthur! It don't get better than that..... ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/23/05 at 11:07 am

I Luuurve my t-shirt position: Coming out of Mr. Alexander's "ph", and sitting astride Stuart McArthur! It don't get better than that..... ;)

oh boy...

well, at least you like the position.  I had a feeling there would be a few people unhappy about being too close to someone they don't like, etc.  If I had to take all that stuff into account, it would probably never get made >grin<

the poster version is going to be rotate 90 degrees, and I'm going to rotate the names within the design, so while you might be still next to some names, they may be less or more obvious in the poster edition.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/23/05 at 1:32 pm

I'd be interested in this, Chucky! I like to have it elongated and rotated!

Written By: Spaff.com on 06/23/05 at 8:57 pm

I'd be interested in this, Chucky! I like to have it elongated and rotated!

Heh heh. Add me to the list of those who love the parody authors design. Excellent job, Chucky. I'm definitely buying a shirt, at least. QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO'S EVER BOUGHT AN "ORGASMIC COTTON TEE" FROM CAFE PRESS: How bad do they shrink? I usually get my T-shirts XL (doesn't everyone?) but I hate it when cheap T-shirts shrink to a M the first time they're washed. So I'm willing to plunk down an extra $3 for an XXL, but not if it's NOT gonna shrink. Dig?

Anyone? Bueller?

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/23/05 at 9:12 pm

Heh heh. Add me to the list of those who love the parody authors design. Excellent job, Chucky. I'm definitely buying a shirt, at least. QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO'S EVER BOUGHT AN "ORGASMIC COTTON TEE" FROM CAFE PRESS: How bad do they shrink? I usually get my T-shirts XL (doesn't everyone?) but I hate it when cheap T-shirts shrink to a M the first time they're washed. So I'm willing to plunk down an extra $3 for an XXL, but not if it's NOT gonna shrink. Dig?

Anyone? Bueller?

xoxox
Spaff

I've only bought the normal white t-shirts, and they didn't shrink much at all (at least not that I remember).  I can't say if the organic one does or not

Written By: Spaff.com on 06/23/05 at 9:23 pm

I've only bought the normal white t-shirts, and they didn't shrink much at all (at least not that I remember).  I can't say if the organic one does or not

Thanx, Chucky. I didn't see the "normal" white tee until you mentioned it. That's actually the one I want.

Organic, schmorganic - what, are all the other shirts sprayed with pesticides?

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: MysteryGoat on 06/23/05 at 11:59 pm

YES, he spelt my name right!!!!  ;D

BTW, good job on the shirts. I'm going to have to wait a few to buy one due to lack of funds, so I hope they stay up for a while, or someone could pull one aside for me  :P.

Speaking of which, why is White Mystery's name above mine.  ;D (bad joke? probably)

Written By: jreuben on 06/24/05 at 7:08 am

Anyone? Bueller?

xoxox
Spaff

I'm 5'11 170...I've gotten the XL and it still fits (definitely not too large on me)

And, of course, the design rocks!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/24/05 at 8:43 am

I'm 5'11 170...I've gotten the XL and it still fits (definitely not too large on me)

And, of course, the design rocks!

I do get records of everything people buy (no thong sales yet!) and I've seen your name, more than anyone elses pop up so far.  You should let people know about the exquisite quality of the merchandise >grin<

I know someone mentioned desire for an amiright authors coffee mug, and I don't think the 300+ author design will work for that, but maybe I'll try one with just the 100+ submittors club?  That could work, and still look interesting

Written By: jreuben on 06/24/05 at 8:53 am

I do get records of everything people buy (no thong sales yet!) and I've seen your name, more than anyone elses pop up so far.  You should let people know about the exquisite quality of the merchandise >grin<

I know someone mentioned desire for an amiright authors coffee mug, and I don't think the 300+ author design will work for that, but maybe I'll try one with just the 100+ submittors club?  That could work, and still look interesting

I have to admit, one of those orders was after my dog decided to use the golf shirt as lunch.  While the merchandise doesn't stand up to the "dog chewing for an hour" test, everything I've gotten (golf shirt, t-shirt, mug, journal) has been of exquisite quality  ;D

And, of course, I would go for the 100+ coffee mug.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 06/24/05 at 9:32 am

Could you hold off on designing that one for a few days?  I have 52 poopie parodies I'm working on to submit this weekend.  :P

Written By: Arwen on 06/24/05 at 9:47 am

Could you hold off on designing that one for a few days?  I have 52 poopie parodies I'm working on to submit this weekend.  :P

LOL...!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/24/05 at 11:54 am

that's 52 parodies I don't want to review >grin<

not sure I'll even have the time to do it this weekend, going to focus on the poster.

I'm encouraged by the positive feedback on the authors design anyways. Maybe next year I'll do another design with people who have made it since then.  Or maybe not.

Written By: philbo on 06/24/05 at 12:20 pm

I know someone mentioned desire for an amiright authors coffee mug, and I don't think the 300+ author design will work for that, but maybe I'll try one with just the 100+ submittors club? That could work, and still look interesting

That was me... I'm in need of a mug at work, and that sort of thing would be perfect... though the misheard lyrics one would be pretty good, too.

Written By: jreuben on 06/24/05 at 12:28 pm

If you need a good picture for it, I have a great mugshot  :P

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/24/05 at 12:51 pm

Chucky, thanks for all the work you put in here. I have a question: How can I plop an image from my PC into a post here on the message board? I've tried pasting but, it doesn't work. Am I only able to link to here from a URL? Sorry for the ignorance.

Written By: jreuben on 06/24/05 at 1:11 pm

Chucky, thanks for all the work you put in here. I have a question: How can I plop an image from my PC into a post here on the message board? I've tried pasting but, it doesn't work. Am I only able to link to here from a URL? Sorry for the ignorance.

When you reply, click Additional Options.  You'll be prompted to attach stuff.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/24/05 at 2:42 pm

For those interested in how the Amiright Tees may look, I have asked the beautiful, yet somewhat clumsy, Arwen to help us out. Here she is in a stunning little sleeveless number. Notice how the blue boots accentuate the color and lines of the tee.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/24/05 at 2:54 pm

When you reply, click Additional Options.  You'll be prompted to attach stuff.
Thanks, Jeff!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/24/05 at 2:58 pm

And here she is wearing the same outfit, just after discovering that the runway ended just short of her last step.

Written By: Meriadoc on 06/26/05 at 1:23 am

I am having a bit of trouble deciding what size to get - a women's L or a men's M.... ;)

Written By: philbo on 06/26/05 at 3:36 am

And here she is wearing the same outfit, just after discovering that the runway ended just short of her last step.

Nah, you just couldn't stop yourself picturing Arwen on her back, right?

Written By: EthanM on 06/26/05 at 8:42 am

I am having a bit of trouble deciding what size to get - a women's L or a men's M.... ;)

hasn't the mystery been solved already? Or do some not know and I need to keep my mouth shut about it?

Written By: jreuben on 06/26/05 at 10:14 am

LOL!  Well done.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/26/05 at 10:40 am

LOL!  Well done.
Couldn't have done it without your help, Jeff.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/26/05 at 10:41 am

Ya got me, Phil!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/26/05 at 3:34 pm

I ordered a misheard lyrics one for my wife, a pink one, but I doubt she'll be wearing it before the baby arrives. 

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/26/05 at 8:03 pm

I ordered a misheard lyrics one for my wife, a pink one, but I doubt she'll be wearing it before the baby arrives. 
Congratulations, ChuckyG! Nice weekend we got for a change, eh?

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/26/05 at 9:34 pm

Hoorah!
After some sly hints to my mumsie, I will have a little bundle of pesticide-coated joy arriving in about 10 days.

Written By: Armstrong on 06/26/05 at 11:30 pm

As soon as I saw this I ordered 2 shirts, one for each of us. As soon as we get the chance after they arrive we're getting drunk and taking pictures in them. I'll be sure to post em.

Written By: karen on 06/27/05 at 3:48 am

hasn't the mystery been solved already? Or do some not know and I need to keep my mouth shut about it?

you need to keep quiet  ;)

Written By: karen on 06/27/05 at 10:15 am

I've ordered my t-shirt and a mug for work.

Written By: Arwen on 06/27/05 at 11:40 am

For those interested in how the Amiright Tees may look, I have asked the beautiful, yet somewhat clumsy, Arwen to help us out. Here she is in a stunning little sleeveless number. Notice how the blue boots accentuate the color and lines of the tee.

LOL!!

L-ing even HARDER OL!!!

Rick, you totally made my day!!

Don't even start...I KNOW and you're still making me crazy... :)

Nice, Phil...you know...it's a common curse...he's not alone... ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/27/05 at 7:00 pm

I had to pull the misheard lyrics t-shirts.  The design when printed came out about 1/3rd the size it's supposed to be.

I think the authors t-shirts will came out ok (they looked much bigger than the misheard lyrics design on the preview screen)

if it's not legable when you get it, let me know ASAP!

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/27/05 at 9:59 pm

when I get my next pay check this is the first thing Im gonna buy

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/28/05 at 10:20 am

I had to pull the misheard lyrics t-shirts.  The design when printed came out about 1/3rd the size it's supposed to be.

if the person who bought the bad misheard lyrcis t-shirt reads this, send me an email (I know your real name, but not sure who you are exactly).  I'll try and make it right for you.

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 06/28/05 at 11:28 pm

Wow, this looks so cool. My name on a t-shirt! I would order this in a heartbeat except for the one ongoing nagging problem I have with online ordering. Credit card. Don't have one, can't get one.
I hate missing out on stuff like this because of not having the plastic.  >:(
Chucky, pleasepleaseplease tell me theres a way to order these with a money order, cheque, whatever I can. I would REALLY appreciate it.

Written By: jreuben on 07/01/05 at 8:27 am

Hey, the author shirt arrived yesterday...looks good Chucky (size of the graphic was fine).

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/01/05 at 9:30 am

Did I miss this announcement when it was first made, or is this your sly way of letting the cat out of the bag for the first time?

Congratulations, bast-- um, Chucky!

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/01/05 at 10:05 am

Did I miss this announcement when it was first made, or is this your sly way of letting the cat out of the bag for the first time?

Congratulations, bast-- um, Chucky!

I think I announced the whole baby thing awhile ago.  Not sure if it was on the amiright boards or just the playful penguin place board though.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/01/05 at 10:06 am

Wow, this looks so cool. My name on a t-shirt! I would order this in a heartbeat except for the one ongoing nagging problem I have with online ordering. Credit card. Don't have one, can't get one.
I hate missing out on stuff like this because of not having the plastic.  >:(
Chucky, pleasepleaseplease tell me theres a way to order these with a money order, cheque, whatever I can. I would REALLY appreciate it.

sorry man, they only do the credit card thing from the looks of it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/01/05 at 10:08 am

Hey, the author shirt arrived yesterday...looks good Chucky (size of the graphic was fine).

that's a relief, and exactly what I wanted to hear.  Looks like the only problem wias with the misheard lyrics shirt, and that appears to be solved (will know for sure next week at some point)

Written By: Peregrin on 07/02/05 at 10:53 pm

AHA  :D :P :P :P

you need to keep quiet  ;)

Don't even start...I KNOW and you're still making me crazy... :)

Muwahaha

Sometimes I get confused about the whole thing too  :P (that's not difficult, I would add)  ::)

Ethan, listen to Karen and Arwen  ;)

One day all will be revealed, and by the look of this, possible wearing tee shirts  :)

Written By: karen on 07/04/05 at 10:37 am

Mine just arrived today

Written By: Rick Cormier on 07/04/05 at 1:15 pm

Hey, nice mug shot, Karen!

Written By: philbo on 07/04/05 at 4:39 pm

Hey, nice mug shot, Karen!

Groan...

Written By: Rick D on 07/04/05 at 4:53 pm

Mari and I got ours. Can't wait until we bump into someone else that's wearing one. (We'll see how long THAT takes.)

Written By: Billy Florio on 07/05/05 at 1:05 pm

AHA  :D :P :P :P

Muwahaha

Sometimes I get confused about the whole thing too  :P (that's not difficult, I would add)  ::)

Ethan, listen to Karen and Arwen  ;)

One day all will be revealed, and by the look of this, possible wearing tee shirts  :)

I think you two dropped enough hints already.  Who doesnt know? lol

Written By: Meriadoc on 07/06/05 at 10:44 pm

Well Billy, I think I am going to get a men's AND a women's medium.....just to be safe ;)

(re-read Pip's post)  :) :) :) :) :)

Written By: adagio on 07/07/05 at 10:52 pm

I don't!  :-\\

Written By: Peregrin on 07/08/05 at 4:18 am

I don't!  :-\\

You never answered my last PM about this, Pat ?

Written By: Andy Roper on 07/08/05 at 7:13 am

What's this?  :o :D

Written By: The Mistress Leola on 07/08/05 at 11:04 am

I refoose to be buying a tee-short until there is ones with my name on!  >:(

Written By: adagio on 07/08/05 at 12:40 pm

You never answered my last PM about this, Pat ?

I thought I did, sorry...essentially, it's that I don't get it.

Written By: Peregrin on 07/09/05 at 12:13 am

What's this?  :o :D

Eh?  What's what then?  :P

Written By: Peregrin on 07/09/05 at 12:14 am

I thought I did, sorry...essentially, it's that I don't get it.

Go see PM now, then  :)

Written By: Josh2 on 07/12/05 at 4:32 pm

i would just like to say thank you for my name being included

Written By: tmayfield on 07/15/05 at 1:38 am

well, at least you like the position.  I had a feeling there would be a few people unhappy about being too close to someone they don't like, etc.  If I had to take all that stuff into account, it would probably never get made >grin<

I have placed my order.  It's not too late yet is it?  I don't mind my position, even though I am between an Unnatural Disaster and Southern Discomfort.  :\'(  At least I am not next to Mavis.

Anyways, once I get my order I am going to run the image through my bible code program to see if there's any hidden messages in the order of names.  I'm sure it will say something like "Spaff no 2 scrawny kick butt and Rock on Dr D." or something...

Written By: Spaff.com on 07/15/05 at 7:41 am

once I get my order I am going to run the image through my bible code program to see if there's any hidden messages in the order of names.  I'm sure it will say something like "Spaff no 2 scrawny kick butt and Rock on Dr D." or something...

It does. You have to use your Fargo North Decoder to find it, though.

To the first person who catches that obscure pop-culture reference (or the first person who asks, actually): My lovely author shirt came with a $5 off coupon code for an order of $35 or more placed by the end of July. I have no idea if it's transferable, but if anyone wants to try it, let me know.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/15/05 at 7:58 am

It does. You have to use your Fargo North Decoder to find it, though.

To the first person who catches that obscure pop-culture reference (or the first person who asks, actually): My lovely author shirt came with a $5 off coupon code for an order of $35 or more placed by the end of July. I have no idea if it's transferable, but if anyone wants to try it, let me know.

xoxox
Spaff

no idea what you're talking about spaff, but I know someone who would know, and I'm Coen to Fargo, North Dakota, to ask him

(before you groan, keep in mind I'm an Aussie >:()

Written By: Spaff.com on 07/15/05 at 8:03 am

no idea what you're talking about spaff, but I know someone who would know, and I'm Coen to Fargo, North Dakota, to ask him

(before you groan, keep in mind I'm an Aussie >:()

Sorry, S2, but being from the bottom of the globe doesn't exempt you from groans for stuff like that. (And no, "Fargo North Decoder" isn't from the movie "Fargo." Anyone else? And no fair Googling it.)

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Arwen on 07/15/05 at 9:13 am

I was raised on early morning educational television...how do you think I became so smart?

So, I'm going to go with "The Electric Company."  For the record, though, "3-2-1 Contact" kicked its butt...

Written By: Spaff.com on 07/15/05 at 9:36 am

I was raised on early morning educational television...how do you think I became so smart?

So, I'm going to go with "The Electric Company."  For the record, though, "3-2-1 Contact" kicked its butt...

Well done, smarty pants. Fargo North, Decoder, was a character on The Electric Company (as was Letterman, who, I've just discovered, was voiced by Gene Wilder in episodes narrated by Joan Rivers).

Do you want the $5 off coupon?

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Arwen on 07/15/05 at 10:18 am

Well done, smarty pants. Fargo North, Decoder, was a character on The Electric Company (as was Letterman, who, I've just discovered, was voiced by Gene Wilder in episodes narrated by Joan Rivers).

Do you want the $5 off coupon?

xoxox
Spaff

Ah, Gene Wilder.  He's a hero of mine.  Just reading his name made me giggle.

Anyway, yeah...I am dying to have the coupon.  I'll pick it up the next time I'm in SLC...which, coincidentally, will be next week.  Don't worry about where we'll meet up.  Tape the coupon to your forehead, and I'll find you.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 07/15/05 at 12:16 pm

My AmiRight Tee arrived yesterday! YAY! Here's a picture of me in it. Maybe I shouldn't have ordered a large???

Written By: K1chyd on 07/16/05 at 7:38 am

I was finally gonna come around to order that t-shirt with all of our names (had to put money into more urgent businesses first) but unless I'm mistaken I'm too late, I follow the links but can't see it as an option anywhere, except for the mousepad version.

Have I rested on my thumb too long?  :(

Written By: tmayfield on 07/16/05 at 12:50 pm

I was finally gonna come around to order that t-shirt with all of our names (had to put money into more urgent businesses first) but unless I'm mistaken I'm too late, I follow the links but can't see it as an option anywhere, except for the mousepad version.

Have I rested on my thumb too long?  :(

K1, I went here: http://www.cafepress.com/amirightauthor  You can just go to http://www.cafepress.com and then choose "shop the marketplace" and then in the search box, type "amiright". Then click on "amIright Parody Authors" above the tshirt image. That will get you all of the options at once.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/16/05 at 2:10 pm

K1, I went here: http://www.cafepress.com/amirightauthor  You can just go to http://www.cafepress.com and then choose "shop the marketplace" and then in the search box, type "amiright". Then click on "amIright Parody Authors" above the tshirt image. That will get you all of the options at once.

the authors list is on the back of the shirt, not the front.  Pick the item you like and click to view the back.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 07/18/05 at 11:28 pm

Ooo, I tried on my imported little number (no, not Xiaoung Lee, the other 'imported little number') and didn't get a scrap of vomit on it all week! (A bit of salsa and candle wax, though. Make that a LOT of candle wax.)
The names-on-the-back was larger than I expected. Fine job, Chucky!

Curses, this pic has been buggering up. Hope it works now.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/19/05 at 9:15 am

Ooo, I tried on my imported little number (no, not Xiaoung Lee, the other 'imported little number') and didn't get a scrap of vomit on it all week! (A bit of salsa and candle wax, though. Make that a LOT of candle wax.)
The names-on-the-back was larger than I expected. Fine job, Chucky!

The authors shirt is the only one I haven't seen in person yet.  I've done two different misheard lyrics ones now, and still think the type was smaller than I had hoped on those.  If you think the type was good on the names though, I'm satisfied (since a few other people have also said that too!).

I just wish cafepress would clear the revenue earned from all this stuff, so I could send a replacement misheard shirt off to Karen.

I have to leave work early today for another checkup at the doctor's office with the wife.  Since it's way too humid and awful outside to do yardwork, I'll try and do some work on the poster version, and maybe a coffee cup version too.

Written By: karen on 07/19/05 at 11:25 am

I just wish cafepress would clear the revenue earned from all this stuff, so I could send a replacement misheard shirt off to Karen.

I wondered what had happened.  I was thinking about it this morning when I put my AmiRight t-shirt on.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/19/05 at 12:17 pm

I wondered what had happened.  I was thinking about it this morning when I put my AmiRight t-shirt on.

I was going to drop you an email last night, but forgot.  and I'm at work now, so I didn't have your email handy.

I noticed some of it cleared today, so it shouldn't be much longer.

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/20/05 at 7:55 am

Lukester, did anyone ever tell you that you resemble your main muse, Mr. Marshall Mathers?

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 07/21/05 at 4:27 am

Lukester, did anyone ever tell you that you resemble your main muse, Mr. Marshall Mathers?

No. I show signs of facial hair.  ;

Having to hold the camera at arm's length to get the shot also got my nose at an odd angle, usually my schnoz looks nothing like Eminem's. (And that's Marshall Mathers III, thankyou very much!)

Written By: Meriadoc on 07/27/05 at 4:36 pm

Has anybody noticed much skrinkage after washing? Ours arrived today - I ordered large to be on the safe side, and looks like we are going to swim in them... I am thinking of ordering a second set in medium and keeping the first set as souvenirs... :)

Written By: karen on 07/28/05 at 4:12 am

Has anybody noticed much skrinkage after washing? Ours arrived today - I ordered large to be on the safe side, and looks like we are going to swim in them... I am thinking of ordering a second set in medium and keeping the first set as souvenirs... :)

I've washed mine a couple of times now and it looks fine with no shrinkage (or skrinkage either  ;) )

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/28/05 at 8:00 am

I've washed mine a couple of times now and it looks fine with no shrinkage (or skrinkage either  ;) )

I've washed mine a couple of times without shrinkage. But I don't have a T-shirt. What are you all talking about?

( ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D)

Written By: karen on 07/28/05 at 8:02 am

I've washed mine a couple of times without shrinkage.

Butyours was so small to start with, would anyone notice if it shrank?  ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/28/05 at 8:27 am

Butyours was so small to start with, would anyone notice if it shrank?  ;)

Touche.  :-X 8)

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/04/05 at 1:42 pm

I keep on forgetting to buy a shirt...I need to

Check for new replies or respond here...