inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does Amiright Have a New Front Page?

Written By: Red Ant on 06/23/05 at 4:06 pm

The layout is different than this morning. I checked my font settings and they are unchanged.

Anyone else notice this?

Subject: Re: Does Amiright Have a New Front Page?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/23/05 at 5:39 pm

The layout is different than this morning. I checked my font settings and they are unchanged.

Anyone else notice this?

yes... I've begun redesigning the front page of the site (with the rest to follow). 

It won't be a radical change for now, but I did bump up the size of the dates next to the news entries (and the song recordings).  I'm trying to upgrade to XHTML with CSS like I did for inthe80s.  It'll make the page size much smaller and quicker loading, plus improve the way the search engines index the site.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/24/05 at 1:34 pm

I should also mention that I've further tweaked the templates that surround all the pages, so if anything else is out of the ordinary, I want to hear about it.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/24/05 at 2:42 pm

I should also mention that I've further tweaked the templates that surround all the pages, so if anything else is out of the ordinary, I want to hear about it.

Well, when I click on a parody and then hit the "back" button, there is a split-second odd font change that wasn't there previously.

I noticed too that when typing comments the type size is quite small and thin. This shows up normally after submitting a comment.

Everything else looks great.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/24/05 at 3:01 pm

Well, when I click on a parody and then hit the "back" button, there is a split-second odd font change that wasn't there previously.

I noticed too that when typing comments the type size is quite small and thin. This shows up normally after submitting a comment.

Everything else looks great.

that's a delay in the browser reading the style sheet.  Not sure if there's anything that can be done to fix that.

The comment text box I'll have to look into

Written By: nally on 06/25/05 at 1:10 am

I noticed that too! This evening, the left sidebar that contains the links to the main pages is no longer green; at least it's like that on my browser. :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/25/05 at 8:19 am

I noticed that too! This evening, the left sidebar that contains the links to the main pages is no longer green; at least it's like that on my browser. :-\\

could you tell me which browser? there may be a problem with the way I designed it, that disagrees with certain ones

Written By: adagio on 06/25/05 at 10:04 am

My sidebar is the same...green background with blue links....that is the way it's supposed to be, isn't it?

Written By: nally on 06/26/05 at 8:16 pm

My sidebar is the same...green background with blue links....that is the way it's supposed to be, isn't it?

Yes that is how it's supposed to be; at least that's how I'm used to seeing it.

could you tell me which browser? there may be a problem with the way I designed it, that disagrees with certain ones

Internet explorer. ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/27/05 at 7:34 am

Yes that is how it's supposed to be; at least that's how I'm used to seeing it.
Internet explorer. ;)

hmm... which version of Internet Explorer?  I tried it with that and it looked ok.

Written By: nally on 06/27/05 at 11:25 pm

hmm... which version of Internet Explorer?  I tried it with that and it looked ok.

Well I was just there and it looked back to normal. To answer your question, I'm not exactly sure what version I have. :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/28/05 at 10:19 am

Well I was just there and it looked back to normal. To answer your question, I'm not exactly sure what version I have. :-\\

that's ok.  I think what happened, is there is a second file that defines the colors and layouts of the page, and it was probably being cached by your browser.  I have a small test suite of different versions of IE on my machine which I tried after the last message I posted.  Until I went as far back as IE 4.0 (which is close to 8 years old at least!) it looked ok, so I think that's a good explanation of what you were seeing.

When I roll out the new design (probably by the end of the year), you might experience it again.

Check for new replies or respond here...