inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I've been watching "Hit me Baby One More Time" when does Will to Power appear?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/23/05 at 9:11 pm

Have they been approached? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Subject: Re: I've been watching "Hit me Baby One More Time" when does Will to Power appear?

Written By: Spaff.com on 06/23/05 at 9:18 pm

NBC demands that we keep it a secret. If we say anything, they will re-abduct Elizabeth Smart. They're THAT serious about it.

Meanwhile, enjoy the lesser talents like the Greg Kinh Band. Like GKB was ever as cool as WTP. What a joke.

xoxox
Spaff

Subject: Re: I've been watching "Hit me Baby One More Time" when does Will to Power appea

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/24/05 at 8:48 am

NBC demands that we keep it a secret. If we say anything, they will re-abduct Elizabeth Smart. They're THAT serious about it.

Meanwhile, enjoy the lesser talents like the Greg Kinh Band. Like GKB was ever as cool as WTP. What a joke.

xoxox
Spaff

I was a huge Flock of Seagulls fan in the early 90s when I was in college.  They had long broken up, but I had two 90 minute casettes with their four original albums on them, that I played to death (with headphones, my roommates would have gone mad otherwise).  I saw Mike Score appear on the first show, and after I got after the inital shock of his appearance (anyone who was popular 25 years ago, is bound to look older, it just always catches me off guard though), his performance was abysmal.  Greg Kihn wasn't much better either.  Really disappointing to see them.

Howard Jones was robbed last week.  I like Irene Cara, but Howard Jones clearly had the better cover tune performance.

ugh... I'm discussing a quasi-reality program, how disturbing is that?

Subject: Re: I've been watching "Hit me Baby One More Time" when does Will to Power appear?

Written By: Brian Damaged on 06/24/05 at 8:53 am

I think it's one of the few decent 'quasi-reality' show ideas I've seen so far.  I only saw one episode, and the woman from the Hotels sounded great on 'Only the Lonely', and she was my favorite until she butchered 'Don't Know Why'.  I'm sick of DKW like everybody else, but I didn't need to have THAT done to it.  I liked the Knack.

Subject: Re: I've been watching "Hit me Baby One More Time" when does Will to Power appea

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/24/05 at 9:10 am

I think it's one of the few decent 'quasi-reality' show ideas I've seen so far.  I only saw one episode, and the woman from the Hotels sounded great on 'Only the Lonely', and she was my favorite until she butchered 'Don't Know Why'.  I'm sick of DKW like everybody else, but I didn't need to have THAT done to it.  I liked the Knack.

Hotels?  I remember a band called the Motels, but I think you mean Quarterflash?  I missed that episode myself.

There is certainly some cringe factor in seeing someone cover a song way outside of their expertise range.

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/24/05 at 5:30 pm

The Motels were on (actually, Martha Davis and some session musicians).

The best performance thus far was Arrested Development. Last night, Thelma Houston one-upped Alicia Keys. And yes, Mike Score did suck---no wonder they reverbed AFoS songs so heavily back in the day. At least on this show, there is honest singing, not like Ms. Spears or Simpson, or you know, all the rest.

Written By: Ansky1213 on 06/24/05 at 8:39 pm

Anybody see Hadaway! He was awesome! Also, Wang Chung singing "Hot In Here" was absolutely incredible.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/25/05 at 12:27 am

... I'm assuming 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' is some sort of TV show replaying old hits.
If not, this whole thread is just SHOOOOOOSHING over my head here.

Written By: MysteryGoat on 06/25/05 at 12:43 am

... I'm assuming 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' is some sort of TV show replaying old hits.
If not, this whole thread is just SHOOOOOOSHING over my head here.

Dude, you so must see this show! And that goes for everyone else too! For everything that's good and holy under the sun, you must see this show. NBC Thurday 8/7c.

P.S. I hate myself for missing Wang Chung. Someone should beat me senseless for that.

Check for new replies or respond here...