inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Web site blocked by employer

Written By: John Jenkins on 06/25/05 at 12:06 pm

I work for a large utility, and yesterday when I attempted to access AmIRight.com, I was blocked.  There was a message that indicated that the categories which caused it to be blocked were "humor, profanity, gruesome content."  I don't have a problem with that because, after all, it is the employer's computer and I do most of my AmIRight stuff from my home computer; but I found it interesting that the filtering software put AmIRight in those categories.  I also found it interesting that the Message Board was not blocked.

Subject: Re: Web site blocked by employer

Written By: EthanM on 06/25/05 at 12:36 pm

I think the message board isn't blocked because it has automatic censoring while there is no such thing on amiright. But at least this board isn't as bad as monopoly online, where honking is changed to *****ng.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/25/05 at 7:42 pm

I work for a large utility, and yesterday when I attempted to access AmIRight.com, I was blocked.  There was a message that indicated that the categories which caused it to be blocked were "humor, profanity, gruesome content."  I don't have a problem with that because, after all, it is the employer's computer and I do most of my AmIRight stuff from my home computer; but I found it interesting that the filtering software put AmIRight in those categories.  I also found it interesting that the Message Board was not blocked.

strange since I block most profanity.  gruesome content, I guess there's some of that if you look hard enough

humor though, definitely none of that.  Most of these filters companies employ are pretty brain dead.

Written By: John Jenkins on 06/26/05 at 9:05 am

humor though, definitely none of that.

Great line, Chucky.  You should be a parody writer!

Written By: jreuben on 06/26/05 at 10:14 am

Great line, Chucky.  You should be a parody writer!

I believe he is!

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/parody.shtml

Written By: John Jenkins on 06/26/05 at 11:38 am

I believe he is!

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/parody.shtml

You're right, Jeff.  And this is all the more reason that he should write more.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/26/05 at 3:29 pm

You're right, Jeff.  And this is all the more reason that he should write more.

yeah, cuz I definitely need to improve!!!

Written By: PRobinson on 06/27/05 at 11:33 am

yeah, cuz I definitely need to improve!!!

AHA!  I have always been curious about that "one" parody you were said to have written...Pretty good, ChuckyG...keep it up and someday, who knows, you might be running this place ~ ~ ~

prob

Written By: Gonfunko on 06/27/05 at 9:35 pm

You could try downloading Firefox and the extension that gets you past filters.  ;)

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/27/05 at 10:01 pm

I remember back in high school there were computer filters and once I tried looking up info on Shakespear and it was blocked due to "Entertainment"

Written By: John Jenkins on 06/27/05 at 10:41 pm

I remember back in high school there were computer filters and once I tried looking up info on Shakespear and it was blocked due to "Entertainment"

Billy, shame on you for trying to learn about Shakespeare! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...