inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dream Diary

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/28/05 at 1:51 am

OK, I've kept promising myself to start a dream diary cuz they're so fun to psychoanalyse and stuff and thought it would be even funnnnner if we all posted our random dreams and crosspsychoanalysed them.

Surely some sort of parody ideas must come out of it.
So DREAM AWAY! :D

Subject: Re: Dream Diary

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/28/05 at 1:59 am

OK, so yesterday I'd been up since 5am to start work and finished around 4pm. Having to run the 3km home in the rain simply added to the exhaustion, and this was the resulting dream as I crashed into bed:

I've just climbed up the stairs in what looks like the Shrieking Shack from Harry Potter 3 except, as it's a dream, the top floor is like this corridor that goes off forever into the distance. Missy Higgins is sitting down looking out a misted window and for some reason she's my sister. (?) So I go over and notice that there's a little box open infront of her with shards of glass in it. She is crying as she chews a mouthful glass and sings an eerie song about whether or not she will swallow the glass or spit it out. I kneel down to console her and all of a sudden my mouth is full of glass, and I start to spit out bloody shards into the box, more and more blood coming out as I try to spit out all of the glass.

Then I woke up with a chronic headache and drenched in sweat cuz I hadn't eaten since my 5am breakfast.

Written By: K1chyd on 06/28/05 at 3:16 pm

Well, I woke up from a nightmare this morning, I just remember the last bit but it was like that scene from Jurassic Park 2 (or is it 3) when the Tyrannosaurus has his head in a tent and is sniffing around. I dreamt I was in such a tent and the Tyrannosaurus was breathing cold (sic!) on my neck for a very long time, and then I woke up with my neck and upper back severely colder than the rest of the bod.

And no, I didn't roll over to find that I had been "(un)lucky" at the local pub the night before.

And no, I hadn't rolled over on my back and sleept with my neck in my own drool.

So you can rule those two interpretations out.  :P

Written By: Arwen on 06/28/05 at 3:52 pm

Fun thread idea...as I'm a dream fanatic...

I'm really interested as to whether anyone else dreams about other parody authors and/or members of the messageboard.  I posted a dream I had involving 2nz on his Happy Birthday thread...and I have had more than one dream where Ashkicksass has made an appearance...

Written By: K1chyd on 06/28/05 at 4:11 pm

I'm really interested as to whether anyone else dreams about other parody authors and/or members of the messageboard.  I posted a dream I had involving 2nz on his Happy Birthday thread...and I have had more than one dream where Ashkicksass has made an appearance...

Well, your motives when you're awake are so obvious that they could be analyzed in sleep by any of us, you want us all to come out and admit that we DREAM OF YOU, don't you?  ;)  ;)  ;)

BTW: What's your experience level with mud wrestling in real life?  ::)

Written By: Arwen on 06/28/05 at 4:23 pm

Well, your motives when you're awake are so obvious that they could be analyzed in sleep by any of us, you want us all to come out and admit that we DREAM OF YOU, don't you?  ;)  ;)  ;)

Hehehe...actually, I'm a little ashamed that I didn't think to assume that you'd all been dreaming of me... :)

In reality, I was having a discussing about dreams with some friends...and when one participant in the discussion admitted to having a dream about an online aquaintance, (nothing naughty...just a dream where the person was present) other participants in the conversation thought it was weird that she'd dreamed of someone that she's never officially met.

Since I, too, have dreamed of online friends...I just thought I'd check to see if anyone around here does...

BTW: What's your experience level with mud wrestling in real life?  ::)

LOL!

Hmmm....I've fallen in the mud several times...including one time when I was in a formal, on the way to the biggest dance of the year...if that counts... ;)

Written By: EmiLoca on 06/28/05 at 10:38 pm

Since I just got my driver's license, I've been having nightmares about losing control of the car and/or driving off a cliff. 

And then there are the pleasant ones where I'm backing into small children. 

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/28/05 at 10:42 pm

I remember after my New Year's Eve debarcode... durbarcle... dumbarnacle... "incident" that I had recurring dreams of stealing my own car and being chased by the cops. It always ended with a crash and me being pursued on foot down a big hill, where at the bottom would be a ladder to the sky, with a line of people climbing up it. So I'd scramble up the other side but the higher I went the ladder curved back towards me until I fell and fell and fell... and then it would happen all over again.

Remember, learn from the premiere of the American 'The Office' and use your Asianness as an excuse for any mistakes whilst driving.

As for the Know1CanHearYouDream man himself, the last time I had something happening in the 'real' world which entered my dreams was when I was surfing and got dumped by the wave, and just kept rolling and rolling and couldn't get up for air. I woke up face-down in my pillow, apparently I subconsciously wished to smother myself.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/30/05 at 12:58 am

The other night I had a dream that I was performing brain surgery on a bird.  Wonder what that means...

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 06/30/05 at 2:05 am

And then there are the pleasant ones where I'm backing into small children. 

LOL - very impressive, Evil Emi, I think you have now taken complete control over good Emi

- would it be possible for us to have a quick word with good Emi?

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/30/05 at 4:12 am

The other night I had a dream that I was performing brain surgery on a bird.  Wonder what that means...

"One of your friends is going to come to you with a problem."

Gotta love that Mystic Meg crap.

Written By: karen on 06/30/05 at 4:36 am

In reality, I was having a discussing about dreams with some friends...and when one participant in the discussion admitted to having a dream about an online aquaintance, (nothing naughty...just a dream where the person was present) other participants in the conversation thought it was weird that she'd dreamed of someone that she's never officially met.

Since I, too, have dreamed of online friends...I just thought I'd check to see if anyone around here does...

To answer your question Arwen check out this thread

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,10869.0.html

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/30/05 at 10:50 pm

...oh turd. I thought I was being all original and stuff when there's already a thread just like it.

Written By: karen on 07/01/05 at 3:34 am

But this is just about random dreams (actually there's probably also a thread on that in PPP).  I was just answering Arwen's specific question about people who dream about other board members.

Check for new replies or respond here...