inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Making changes to parody authors index (again)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/30/05 at 8:35 am

going to try and remove the "case sensative" issue once and for all.  Maybe cleanup a few other things. 

Subject: Re: Making changes to parody authors index (again)

Written By: EthanM on 06/30/05 at 9:04 am

Do you have any idea why it doesn't work on my eMac? It switches from top to bottom but doesn't sort.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/30/05 at 9:30 am

Do you have any idea why it doesn't work on my eMac? It switches from top to bottom but doesn't sort.

It's a browser function.  Macinotsh browsers aren't always as compatible as the newer ones on Windows boxes.  IE on the Mac for instance would certainly not work, since that's very non-compliant with the Xhtml specs.  Safari might, but you need a current version.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/30/05 at 10:40 am

The new changes, are made to be a little more inclusize or capitalization issues in parody author names.  Unfortunately, if you have extra punctuation, the wrong name might appear as the name on your authors page (John A.. Barry).  Easiest fix for that, is to have me remove the errant parody.

Hopefully more parodies will appear under some of the authors, who had issues with submitted parodies.  If you spot duplicates under your name, make sure to send me a personal message with the URL (address) of the parody to be removed.

Written By: Gonfunko on 06/30/05 at 10:47 am

It's a browser function.  Macinotsh browsers aren't always as compatible as the newer ones on Windows boxes.  IE on the Mac for instance would certainly not work, since that's very non-compliant with the Xhtml specs.  Safari might, but you need a current version.

It doesn't work in Safari, even the most up-to-date version. Firefox displays it fine, though. By the way, what happened to the average averages for the votes at the bottom?  :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/30/05 at 11:23 am

It doesn't work in Safari, even the most up-to-date version. Firefox displays it fine, though. By the way, what happened to the average averages for the votes at the bottom?  :-\\

I removed them, since they screw up the table sorting.

It's odd that Safari doesn't handle the table sorting properly, since it passes the CSS2 acid test.  Might be, because it's not strictly CSS2 stuff, but javascript and DOM as well.  Does Google Maps work properly in Safari? If it doesn't, this probably won't either.

Written By: Gonfunko on 06/30/05 at 12:03 pm

I removed them, since they screw up the table sorting.

It's odd that Safari doesn't handle the table sorting properly, since it passes the CSS2 acid test.  Might be, because it's not strictly CSS2 stuff, but javascript and DOM as well.  Does Google Maps work properly in Safari? If it doesn't, this probably won't either.

Google Maps works fine - there's even a widget for it, I think. But seeing as how Safari has maybe 3% of the browser market, I wouldn't lose sleep over it - the rest of the site works great! :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/30/05 at 12:14 pm

Google Maps works fine - there's even a widget for it, I think. But seeing as how Safari has maybe 3% of the browser market, I wouldn't lose sleep over it - the rest of the site works great! :)

I wasn't going to lose sleep over it (trust me!)

it's one of those "if it works, that's great, but if it doesn't work, oh well" type of functions.  Those of us using the superior Firefox get it, >grin<

Check for new replies or respond here...