inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Other Parodies By This Author?

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/01/05 at 9:27 am

Am I imagining it, or did there once upon a time used to be an "other parodies by this author" link on each parody page?

Not that it's a terrible burden to click the link to the author index, find the author and click the link... but if it's an easy feature to implement, I think it would be cool...

?  ???  ?

Subject: Re: Other Parodies By This Author?

Written By: jreuben on 07/01/05 at 9:40 am

Am I imagining it, or did there once upon a time used to be an "other parodies by this author" link on each parody page?

Not that it's a terrible burden to click the link to the author index, find the author and click the link... but if it's an easy feature to implement, I think it would be cool...

?   ???   ?

It used to be there...if you clicked on the author's name at the top I believe it linked.  Maybe it went away once the search links began to have problems?

Written By: EthanM on 07/01/05 at 9:49 am

yeah i think it was causing the site to crash but I'm not sure

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/01/05 at 10:23 am

Ah... well, not a huge deal, as I said. 
I was almost more concerned with just resolving whether or not I'd been imagining it...

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/01/05 at 12:56 pm

it did exist.  But since it was using the search engine, and was a regular link, it would cause the search engine to run like mad when a search engine indexed the site.  I was thinking of putting a hard coded link to the author's page if they had 10 or more parodies, but haven't had the time to do it (not to mention that it's a little unfair to the newer authors).

Written By: tokenlimey on 07/01/05 at 3:12 pm

it's a little unfair to the newer authors).

As one of the newer authors who's only just earned an author page, I don't think it's unfair. It's something to strive for; an incentive.

My £0.02, anyway.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/01/05 at 3:31 pm

As one of the newer authors who's only just earned an author page, I don't think it's unfair. It's something to strive for; an incentive.

My £0.02, anyway.

One of the downsides though, is that the first ten parodies wouldn't have the link until I regenerate the entire parody archive.  I also fear people who are new to the site, submitting a ton of crap just to hit that 10 parody mark.  Though I guess some people submit crap anyways, so what would be the difference?

It's certainly in my queue of things to do.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/01/05 at 7:23 pm

Well, I'm sure some free time will open up to take care of it... just as soon as the little one's off to college!  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/01/05 at 9:02 pm

Well, I'm sure some free time will open up to take care of it... just as soon as the little one's off to college!  ;D

check your parodies... a little free time opened up today actually. 

Written By: Rick Cormier on 07/01/05 at 10:21 pm

check your parodies... a little free time opened up today actually. 
Chucky, that is awesome! You da man! Clicking the author name links to all of their parodies.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/01/05 at 10:36 pm

*applause* Let's give it up for Chucky... the Chuckster... the Chuck-meister... the Chuck-o-Rama... the Chuck-Daddy (to-be)...

Check for new replies or respond here...