inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: URGENT!! Please look at this parody for layout, etc.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/05/05 at 3:49 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/disturbed11.shtml

I used one of STG's parodies for testing some new layout changes today.  I need to know if there are problems with:

Voting
Comments
Overall layout of page
Colors

Since there are style sheet changes, it might not display properly the first time you look at it.  If this happens, hold the SHIFT key while you click on the refresh button.

If there are no problems, all the parodies approved tomorrow will have the same look/feel as this one. 

There are very few changes in appearance from the current parodies, but the underlying HTML code is very different.  I'm currently upgrading the HTML code used on portions of the site in order to be ready for when I roll out a new design.  It's a gradual process (I do one section at a time until it's ready), and I fiigured the parodies were the most complicated (due to the number of scripts required to make one page) so I started there.

Subject: Re: URGENT!! Please look at this parody for layout, etc.

Written By: Arwen on 07/05/05 at 4:00 pm

Looks fine to me...but...does any of this have anything to do with why there are no titles/links on the Most Recent Comments page?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/05/05 at 4:06 pm

Looks fine to me...but...does any of this have anything to do with why there are no titles/links on the Most Recent Comments page?

yes.  While making adjustments to it, I overwrote something I shouldn't.  I'm going to fix it in a few hours once I refer to an old backup for the missing line.

Written By: Arwen on 07/05/05 at 4:13 pm

yes.  While making adjustments to it, I overwrote something I shouldn't.  I'm going to fix it in a few hours once I refer to an old backup for the missing line.

Gotcha...cool.  Thanks...I just didn't want it to be just me...

Written By: bobbypags on 07/05/05 at 4:33 pm

I almost commented on the missing titles for comments, but it had nothing to do with censorship, so I didn't.  Glad to see that will be fixed as it is sometimes the comments section that have directed me to parodies I might otherwise not have read.
bob

Written By: philbo on 07/05/05 at 5:44 pm

Looks fine to me - nice and clear... is this anything to do with the latest comments losing their links to the song they're commenting on?

Written By: Red Ant on 07/05/05 at 5:53 pm

Looks fine to me - nice and clear... is this anything to do with the latest comments losing their links to the song they're commenting on?

I hit the auto-refresh vs F5. It is centered the way it was and the comments are now seperated but still in small print.

Written By: adagio on 07/05/05 at 6:02 pm

I assume this adjustment will also unsquish (?) the comments on the author's page, too?  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/05/05 at 6:57 pm

I assume this adjustment will also unsquish (?) the comments on the author's page, too?  :)

Not sure why it looks funny in yours, it didn't in either of the browsers for me, but I went ahead and changed that too.  It should be better now.

I also fixed the links problem.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/05/05 at 8:44 pm

Overall:
If I had found the page, on my own, I wouldn't have noticed anything different about it.

Kind of what I was hoping to hear from people.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/06/05 at 8:26 am

I did notice one issue with the dividing lines underneat the comments section, which should resolve itself in a few minutes.

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/06/05 at 11:03 am

I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere, but I just noticed you added links to the an author's page just under the title of any given parody page. That's a great idea!

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/06/05 at 1:40 pm

I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere, but I just noticed you added links to the an author's page just under the title of any given parody page. That's a great idea!

I noticed it's not 100% effective however, there are some author names that should be linked that aren't.  So not sure what that's all about.

Check for new replies or respond here...