inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: eBay Parody Theft

Written By: Gonfunko on 07/06/05 at 5:51 pm

Not quite sure what to make of this - today I got an email from someone saying that auction number 5594819846, currently live on eBay, is using my eBay parody recording in the background. Obviously, I went to check it out. I didn't hear it, but I'm wondering if I might be missing a plugin or if this awful dialup connection I'm temporarily stuck on is stopping it from downloading in a reasonable amount of time. So, if you have a chance, I'd appreciate it if you could check and see if you hear it or not. (BTW, it's a parody of Takin' Care Of Business, called Takin' Care Of Bidness). It's a shame they didn't just link to my site - I could've had some fun switching files on them!  ;D If a couple people don't hear it, I'll assume it's been pulled, but if you do hear it, please reply. Thanks!  :)

Subject: Re: eBay Parody Theft

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/06/05 at 10:01 pm

I don't think it's actually embedded in that auction, I think they're selling it as part of their template packages!

I can't easily verify that.  That would really stink in my opinion.

Subject: Re: eBay Parody Theft

Written By: Gonfunko on 07/06/05 at 10:20 pm

I don't think it's actually embedded in that auction, I think they're selling it as part of their template packages!

I can't easily verify that.  That would really stink in my opinion.

Well, I heard back from the person who notified me of it, and they said that the actual file in the auction had been removed. I'll email the winners just to make sure that they don' t actually distribute the recording with the rest of the template....which, if I may say so myself, is pretty lousy. Yet another proud owner of "HTML For Dummies"!

Check for new replies or respond here...