inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Idea I had

Written By: Jack Wilson on 07/14/05 at 10:23 am

I had an idea to parody The whole Beatles' 1 album with 27 songs, and I need some  ideas fo parodies of the songs

Subject: Re: Idea I had

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/14/05 at 10:37 am

I had an idea to parody The whole Beatles' 1 album with 27 songs, and I need some  ideas fo parodies of the songs

With the right idea, sometimes the parody almost writes itself, so I think you'd probably feel more of a sense of accomplishment if you challenged yourself to come up with the ideas.  Of course you could always choose to collaborate with someone if you were so inclined.  Either way, good luck.

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/14/05 at 4:28 pm

Seriously, scan Rick Duncan's author page to see what has already been done with The Beatles, hopefully that will inspire...he's done every song in their canon, which is a remarkable feat.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/14/05 at 7:40 pm

great project, Jack, and I'd give you an idea if I had a good one

no, if it WAS a good idea (and I wouldn't want to give it to you unless it was) I'd keep it and do it myself

- sorry, but good ideas are too hard to come by, let alone give away ;)

Written By: PRobinson on 07/14/05 at 10:14 pm

Well...OK, Jack...you asked for ideas...here's one...We might as well make it challenging, but with a theme to it...that way you have a direction to point each piece...I did it with the 1st Crosby, Stills & Nash album - using a "Thumb" theme...but that was only 10 songs...nonetheless, I was able to do it, even though when I committed to it there were several songs where I had no idea how I could possibly incorporate any sort of "Thumb" theme...turns out it made me stretch and expand my limits.  That is why I am suggesting this now to you...27 songs...you MIGHT NOT make it, BUT...let's see...the song titles...I see that they have the word "Love" in quite a few...and I know that many that do not still use the word quite a bit in the lyrics (for instance, "From Me To You")...hmmm..."Love"...hmmm....what rhymes with...AHA!  How about,  "Glove"...try to incorporate a "Glove" theme into each one...could be any type...of course, you've got Michael Jackson to work with, so there's got to be something you can work with in that rich vein...but don't limit yourself to that type of person or glove...you've got...Baseball gloves...the hockey goalie wears a glove...women wear gloves...(so do men)...all kinds of "Glovely" situations..."Day Tripper"..."____Gripper" maybe....anyway...you asked...I'm offering...tossing it back to you...If you want to contact me about some help, feel free...use my "Members" listing to send me an e-mail if you want to start that ball rolling and I'll see if there is anything or anyway I might help you out...

Good luck

PAR

P.S.  - Jack, don't feel locked into this theme...if you have another one or a different idea then by all means, run with it...but this might be a starting place for you...    8)

PPS - Well, I was just thinking after posting the above...maybe one topic is too narrow for 27 songs...perhaps it might be expanded to...say..."Articles or items people do/might wear"...that would still give you a target area, but a bigger one...but anyway, it's up to you...it's your idea, your project, your work and effort...and also your chance for major improvement, too, I believe...    ;)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/14/05 at 10:41 pm

Well, I was just thinking after posting the above...maybe one topic is too narrow for 27 songs...perhaps it might be expanded to...say..."Articles or items people do/might wear"...that would still give you a target area, but a bigger one...but anyway, it's up to you...it's your idea, your project, your work and effort...and also your chance for major improvement, too, I believe...    ;)

now there's a good idea - I might pinch it for myself

(joking :-*)

Written By: Spaff.com on 07/15/05 at 7:48 am

Hey, Local Celebrity, you've got a knack for great title substitutions. It's fun to get input from others, and there are some good ideas here, but I know you're entirely capable of coming up with these kinds of ideas yourself.

What I'd like to see you do is pick one of the 27 and really work hard on it - keep editing and refining it until every line is as clever as the title. It's a lot of work but you'll be pleased with the result.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/15/05 at 7:53 am

Since there are 27 songs, it led me to recall this interesting site page about Weird Al Yankovic:
http://weirdal.0catch.com/txt/27.list.html

Not terribly relevant, but maybe you'll get an inspiration there. :)

Written By: PRobinson on 07/15/05 at 11:51 am

Hey, Local Celebrity, you've got a knack for great title substitutions. It's fun to get input from others, and there are some good ideas here, but I know you're entirely capable of coming up with these kinds of ideas yourself.

What I'd like to see you do is pick one of the 27 and really work hard on it - keep editing and refining it until every line is as clever as the title. It's a lot of work but you'll be pleased with the result.

xoxox
Spaff

Darn, you are ALWAYS coming up with better (and shorter) answers than me...Yup, it's always "Spaff, Spaff, Spaff" around here...  :-\\

Seriously, Jack...I think the Spaff-meister is on to something here...nail one...make sure it works...and THEN move forward, onward and upward to the next...and do the same thing...until you just can't stand the idea of writing anymore parodies...and then after release from your non-voluntary institutionalization you will be ready for the next stage,  SongTrasher...(did I say "Seriously" at the beginning of this part???)...  ???

PAR

Written By: Jack Wilson on 08/03/05 at 6:53 pm

Ok thanks!

Check for new replies or respond here...